Saints v Saintees - Wednesday 9 February

Was an easy win in the end. For all of St. Johnstone's possession in first 25 minutes, did they every look like scoring before the penalty? Cammy McPherson drew a fantastic low save from Alnwick but that was it.

We were better than we have been at home of late. I think it's fair to say that Greive is definitely a bit of a find going by his first two starts. He must have drawn about 12 fouls tonight and was a constant pain in the arse. We almost certainly wouldn't have won tonight if Erwin or Main was in there in his place.

Gogic as well is one that I hope we're already talking to about signing too. The guy lets so little past.

As for St. Johnstone, I read up about the guy Bair when he signed as I love a bit of a left field signing and was interested in what he'd bring but christ I hope that's just the lad finding his feet - he looked like he'd never kicked a ball in anger when he entered the fray. I actually felt a bit sorry for him.

8 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I will not have celebrated a relegation this heartily since Falkirk’s.

And now you are in the bottom 6, if the fixtures pan out you might be the ones to relegate them 😉 

We'll let you know how we get on as we try to get into Europe.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Was an easy win in the end. For all of St. Johnstone's possession in first 25 minutes, did they every look like scoring before the penalty? Cammy McPherson drew a fantastic low save from Alnwick but that was it.

We were better than we have been at home of late. I think it's fair to say that Greive is definitely a bit of a find going by his first two starts. He must have drawn about 12 fouls tonight and was a constant pain in the arse. We almost certainly wouldn't have won tonight if Erwin or Main was in there in his place.

Gogic as well is one that I hope we're already talking to about signing too. The guy lets so little past.

As for St. Johnstone, I read up about the guy Bair when he signed as I love a bit of a left field signing and was interested in what he'd bring but christ I hope that's just the lad finding his feet - he looked like he'd never kicked a ball in anger when he entered the fray. I actually felt a bit sorry for him.

He looked like a Graeme Souness signing. $130k plus addons LOL

If this is our best side in 30+ last years (which was last season) then this is the beat St Johnstone team of all time (also last season).
Could we finish higher than last years 7th? We certainly could, long way to go.

8 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

There was no trying involved. 

I was simply responding to claims made earlier in this thread that this is the best St Mirren side of the last 40 years. 

It must be quite depressing that the most your "best side" in decades can achieve (well, aspire to) is a top six finish.

Our best sides won domestic trophies and European qualification. We may get relegated, but if it's a choice between an occassional stint in the Championship and a culture of depressingly low expectations, I'll take the former. 

The claim was made by one of your fans...:1eye

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And now you are in the bottom 6, if the fixtures pan out you might be the ones to relegate them 😉 

Please let Hibs fans hold a "relegation party" for us 😂

I think I'm the only Saints fan who thinks we needed to change shape when we did. It was 60 minutes into a must win match, we'd be down 2-1 for 10 minutes and looked an aimless shambles, and there was nothing to lose. We've not come back to win a league game playing the back 3/5 for over a year now.

The change of shape wasn't the issue, it was the players in it. We've built a squad for a single shape so end up with mental things like Crawford on a wing, or May on a wing, or Middleton at left back, due to that. Its just another example of Davidson being unable to plan ahead.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Have a word with yourself 

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

Piss poor patter. Even for you

Hes got a sore shoulder lads, its hardly life threatening.