Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Moscow now appears to be stating that Liz Truss is responsible for the nuclear weapons alert.

I heard her yesterday stating they would not look to stop any UK citizen that wanted to travel to Ukraine and help their effort from doing so.  That seems to have been enough for the Russians to act !

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Weird Brits on tour! Of course as a British journalist Oz hasn't really been prioritizing reportage while in Ukraine so much as making himself look macho and beefing with online enemies. 

I had never heard of this boy before the last few days, but he seems to be having an exceptionally strange time of it just now.

Is he always like that? 

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The website is down:

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Request id: 94ffaa30c32ccd5d0c8b13754e3dd50c

Server IP: 82.202.190.72

Client IP: 92.6.238.31

Time: 2022-02-28T14:49:15+03:00

Config id: 29

Faithfully yours, nginx.

Site possibly hacked rather than gone rogue?

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Moscow now appears to be stating that Liz Truss is responsible for the nuclear weapons alert.

I heard her yesterday stating they would not look to stop any UK citizen that wanted to travel to Ukraine and help their effort from doing so.  That seems to have been enough for the Russians to act !

I mean we could gladly hand her over to them in exchange for de-escalation.

10 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Weird Brits on tour! Of course as a British journalist Oz hasn't really been prioritizing reportage while in Ukraine so much as making himself look macho and beefing with online enemies. 

Bit rude that they didn't give him a round of applause TBH.

More on Abramovich trying to help with negotiations. Sky News
Funny how in the last few days he's actively sought, and got, a huge amount of positive media spin.
I'm sure this has nothing to do with him trying to distance himself from his bro Putin or to minimise the effect of Western sanctions on his kleptocratic wealth.

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Just seen a video on Al Jazeera of all the black people (refugees) at the Polish border. Hundreds of them not getting through.  They are just put in a pen and nobody is helping or even speaking to them.

Disturbing. But not entirely surprised. 

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Funny how in the last few days he's actively sought, and got, a huge amount of positive media spin.
I'm sure this has nothing to do with him trying to distance himself from his bro Putin or to minimise the effect of Western sanctions on his kleptocratic wealth.

Absolutely. I think the reluctance of the Chelsea trustees to take the “stewardship” of the club on ethical/legal grounds is quite significant as well, he must realise that he has reached the point where his wealth and power isn’t quite enough to solve the problem and that actually he, like the others, will be seeing that fall rapidly as well. No good in having money if you can’t spend it.

Nice to come back to see the liars, racists, narcissists and general idiots are still in charge during a global crisis and now photo shot Liz is spaffing shit and now getting blamed for the clock ticking one more minute towards Armageddon.   

edit: Could have been me - the plane dodged Crimea and the Donbas on way home but they did have it on the original flight path so spent more times watching the radar than the movies.

Edited by dirty dingus

He looks even more terrifying while holding a gun. 
0EE42CA2-6E07-4EDD-BEC7-08934396E1DB.thumb.jpeg.fcb8b5ce6e70511e53c2bd59e7ee14f4.jpeg
Imagine being a confused young Russian conscript that doesnt really want to kill anyone, and isnt sure of he believes in the war.

Then you note that the multi millionaire heavyweight champion of the world is approaching you. Hes meant to be in camp.... Why is he in Kyiv with an AK47?

Oh shit

5 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

It would be a real shame if the assets of the oligarchy in London were seized.

2 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

and by extension should the countries who draw Ukraine in the group stages of the world cup step aside too.....then those in the knock out rounds.....all the way to the final.  He hasnt thought this through.

Bill Leckie, "thought". Computer says "no".