Sonam

14 hours ago, Booker-T said:

Anyone but NATO type post 

I’ll humour your questions with a response though:

1. Yes

2. depends on passengers 

3. No

4. Probably yes

But also, were each of those actual targets?

Whether they were targets or not isn’t exactly relevant because they were all bombed using supposedly precise missiles. Also, how could the Chinese embassy be considered a legitimate target? 

Edited by MazzyStar

23 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

First time I've ever seen The Troubles described as "simple".

That's not a fair reading of what I put. (If you're joking, forgive me!).

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Soapy Bubbles I call them. Load of fuss about nothing really. 

Handbags.

30 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's not a fair reading of what I put. (If you're joking, forgive me!).

I was joking, yes.

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Digital conscription introduced now in Russia. That makes draft dodging near impossible.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/russia-military-conscription-mobilisation-new-system/

It could also reveal which sections of Russian society are exempt from the draft if some of the famously effective Russian hackers get to work.

On 07/04/2023 at 20:05, ICTChris said:

All of this on a Minecraft Discord server. What the actual f**k.

This opinion makes a plausible prediction, that this profile of leaker is likely to become more common. The Washington Post article he links to is maybe worth a read too, it describes the Discord "family" that the leaker had created.

https://foreverwars.ghost.io/the-chud-era-of-national-security-leaks/

There is some fascinating stuff in the Discord leaks. This today on the severe depletion of Russian special forces in the war - some units have suffered 90% attrition. This will have a big impact not only in the war in Ukraine but on Russian ability to project force abroad for many years.

Also, there are reports that Serbia has been covertly supplying Ukraine with weapons, which the Serb government have denied. Serbia has a significant pro-Russian section of its population, including far-right and ultranationalist groups. It also has, IIRC, quite a large defence industry, a legacy of the wars and sanctions. 

Only published a month ago so fully up to date and relevant. Gives insight into your average Serb's grievances, the political jockeying of the Serb government regarding EU-Russia relations, as well as Russia's shit-stirring in Serbia including alleged Wagner influence.

All of which makes today's leak, the claim Serbia agreed to covertly sell weapons to Ukraine, such a surprise.

48 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Only published a month ago so fully up to date and relevant. Gives insight into your average Serb's grievances, the political jockeying of the Serb government regarding EU-Russia relations, as well as Russia's shit-stirring in Serbia including alleged Wagner influence.

All of which makes today's leak, the claim Serbia agreed to covertly sell weapons to Ukraine, such a surprise.

Money talks, bullshit walks…the money is on the NATO/Ukraine side, the “thoughts and prayers” (TM Republican Party) are on the Russian side. It’s nice to get gas, a few supplies and a little cash (only usable in the Russian sphere of influence)…it’s nicer to get cold cash that can be used for real goods, equipment, and more gas.

On 12/04/2023 at 17:42, FreedomFarter said:

I've gone back and put a couple of my replies there to hidden using the spoiler thing because I'm aware how long they were, how off topic they were and how annoying that will be. I'll continue that for any subsequent Kosovo war replies.

Or just start a separate thread, nobody is interested in reading about intervention from decades ago in a thread about a live conflict.

4 hours ago, strichener said:

Or just start a separate thread, nobody is interested in reading about intervention from decades ago in a thread about a live conflict.

Considered it and I'm aware of that but its done now. You'll get over it.