Killie v Raith Rovers

We look good when we attack teams……keeping our most fertile attackers on the bench instead of having a go from the start does not make any sense at all we should be getting in front …..like we used to, then game management kicks in by killing the game off…..like we used to. But no we’re inviting teams on to us…..it’s a complete reverse of what we were.

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

Killie will do this more often than they don't between now and the end of the season. You can see the quality they've got now that McInnes and his January signings are settling. As much as everyone wants Arbroath to win the league, I reckon Killie will take it with a couple of games to spare. 

Only Lafferty started today that McInnes signed. All his other signings on bench

I agree and i think our depth of squad will see us though though 

Given what I'd said in the lead-up to the game, it would appear that a Killie team that actually seemed coherent with a will to win (matched with a Rovers side that seemed hell-bent on eschewing all forms of recognisable tactics in the first half) turned up today. Lafferty is proving to be a brilliant signing with his goals, and very pleased to see Stephen McGinn scoring and playing well alongside Blair Alston. Given McGinn and Alston couldn't play well together under the dinosaur, it's refreshing to see them play well now. Fraser Murray had his best game in the stripes to date and given how lacklustre he's seemed at times, this is proof that there is indeed a player in there. Hemming was brilliant with his fingertip save being the highlight, can't remember who shot at goal but it was definitely for going in without his intervention. After the struggle last week, this was a very pleasing performance and I hope this carries into next week for our trip to Dunfermline. 

The last time Raith played at Rugby Park I thought they were best team I had seen in the league so I was surprised how far they have fallen after todays game. In saying that they had two really good chances just after halftime so it could easily have been 2-2  before big Kyle made it 3. I just hope it’s not just another false dawn and we can now kick on and win the league with a little bit to spare but knowing Killie we will be going to Starks Park on the last day needing a win and hoping somebody else gets beat!!!

Laffs arms out gesture (look what you could have had) to the Rovers fans was misplaced, it should have been to the Rovers board, £4k/week might seem steep but it'd been a bargain compared to what we got instead.

Thought we matched (more or less) Killie after we went 2-0 down and were actually on top in the 2nd until they scored, had we scored at 2-0 it might have gotten interesting... it didn't and we got hee haw!

Edited by Scottydog

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Brutal 1st half killed us.

Gullan shouldn't be up top on his own. Probably shouldn't be up top at all. 

We looked much more likely with the 2nd half changes but the shit tactics and shit use of personnel ensured that the game was all but gone by then. 

Kind of in agreement, though I reckon Gullan will do ok if he has someone to feed off (he did ok almost every other time on loan). Thought we looked so much better with Varian asking the questions of the Killie back line, surely this has to be the line-up going forward. 

Need to get back to playing Varian for 60 mins with Pop coming on for the last half hour.

2 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Jamie McDonald, some boy and a complete gentleman. 

That is all.

Actually it's not, f**k me never seen such a difference in a team. Luckily points on the board or you would be going down.

Aye its relegation form, very depressing stuff from a Manager and players that have no fight or fire in their belly, somethings not right in the background and its not just down to the DG fiasco