Killie v Raith Rovers

I really like Jamie Gullan, much more than most it would seem, but there really isn't much (any?) justification for persisting with him up front on his own. 

I do think he's best running in behind, maybe there's a better chance today with Killie presumably more inclined to push their defensive line up. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

We’re down about 400-500 on our home gate at the moment, I don’t think the weather is the reason. 

Out with the Goodwillie situation we would have been lucky to get 1400 against Accies if you take in the weather, poor form and possibly the rugby.

We got virtually 1200 so only a couple of hundred down on a normal crowd.

58 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Wasn't expecting that. Arguably (in theory at least) Mackie should be better suited to stepping out of the back three than any of the four who've played there previously, but we'll need to see how he gets on defensively. 

Or not, as the case may be. Dick at centre half. Very surprising, given McGlynn chose Mackie at centre half and Dick out left at Celtic Park.

Anyway, there's yet another goal conceded from a set piece with (nominally, anyway) three centre halfs on the pitch. Really not convinced that this back three system really works in any of the ways it's intended. We don't get the solidity from the extra defender and we don't get the wing-backs involved in attacks. 

I don't see what the selling point is. 

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

We’re simply abysmal now.

First half of the season was full of excitement and hope.

We’re just lucky relegation isn’t a factor…at the moment.

We’ve simply forgotten how to play football. I’m sick of this down tools bullshit. 

I can't remember ever seeing a Rovers side - certainly not one with this much technical ability - be so utterly, utterly dreadful at set pieces. 

We've had two here so far. Not only did they not find a Rovers player, neither of them came down within thirty feet of what you'd loosely term the "target area".