Killie v Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Aye the game will be on but quite a few people won’t fancy attempting to get there when it may be a struggle to get back afterwords.

I can only recall one weather related call off, thou I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and that was because the surrounding roads n pavements were deemed to dangerous.

Christ, we've even had snow removed from the AW pitch on the morning of a game, in the past, using Hamilton Tarmacs road sweepers.

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I can only recall one weather related call off, thou I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and that was because the surrounding roads n pavements were deemed to dangerous.

Christ, we've even had snow removed from the AW pitch on the morning of a game, in the past, using Hamilton Tarmacs road sweepers.

Back on the 2nd January 2010 the SS Fife Police had a Pars v Rovers new year Derby cancelled on a weather forecast. They claimed that there was very bad weather forecast immediately after the game and it would pose a hazard on the roads (it didn't come). There have been at least 1 Rovers game where I (along with several other heaecases) went to SP early on a Saturday morning to clear the pitch and lift covers so the pitch was playable, only for someone in authority to rule that the surrounding area of the stadium was potentially dangerous.  

Hopefully that isn't the scenario tomorrow.

Edited by Scottydog

Rovers fans getting the excuses in early, I see. I genuinely thought we’d see some bumper away crowds in the Champ. Mon lads. Stick on an extra jumper and batter down. 

To be fair, we had quite a large support down there the last time from what I can remember anyway.

And was a fantastic atmosphere as well.

11 hours ago, Fide said:

Rovers fans getting the excuses in early, I see. I genuinely thought we’d see some bumper away crowds in the Champ. Mon lads. Stick on an extra jumper and batter down. 

Hmm not won since December and on the back of the wrong side of the biggest current controversy in Scottish football? Add in the inclement weather and pardon the pun but you've got almost the perfect storm for many Rovers fans not to travel.

I'll be there through I don't make every game that I want to so I make those that I can.

9 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Hmm not won since December and on the back of the wrong side of the biggest current controversy in Scottish football? Add in the inclement weather and pardon the pun but you've got almost the perfect storm for many Rovers fans not to travel.

After being beaten down by a disastrous two years as a Killie fan, all of this just sounds like the most ominous of backdrops. 

Cannot afford another slip up at home, particularly with Arbroath enduring two potentially tricky aways now. Ideally we link well middle to front and offer big Lafferty a bit more support than he had against the wee Fifers. 

It's a strange thing to say about a very new signing - but without Ash Taylor I'm not confident of us keeping a clean sheet against anyone. We'll need at least two today. 

Our last half decent performance was away to ICT on Jan 8th. We could potentially only have one recognised fit centre back today and in Lafferty Killie have someone who can make a goal out of not very much.

Should be no sweat for Killie.

On 18/02/2022 at 11:09, Fide said:

We’re down about 400-500 on our home gate at the moment, I don’t think the weather is the reason. 

4 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

5 in the back, leading scorer on the bench Gullen has done nothing but get a start all the time Poplatnik must wonder what he has to do, we are far better when we play with two wingers no wonder why we have not won in so long, last time we played with two wingers we scored 3 against QOS

Wasn't expecting that. Arguably (in theory at least) Mackie should be better suited to stepping out of the back three than any of the four who've played there previously, but we'll need to see how he gets on defensively. 

Berra feels like a big risk. Having him in the side today takes our chances of a win from 5% up to about 20% but if he's been rushed back and ends up with a worse injury as a result, that really will be season over. 

The last game at Rugby Park was probably the high water mark for our season, and more specifically, for our wing-backs. Was it a goal for Dick and two assists for Tumilty? We'll need something similar today. Too often with the back three we've struggled to get into any kind of attacking groove.