Killie v Raith Rovers

Absolutely awful stuff, dreadfully dull game of football. Killie worthy of their lead. Comfortably ahead and have now dropped off knowing full well we don’t have the creativity to break them down.

I would get Williamson and Mackie/Dick off for Connolly and Poplatnik. Get Gullan behind Poplatnik and Connolly and Ross out wide. The games already gone but it would be nice to at least put up a fight second half to salvage some sort of positivity going into next week.

Also, someone might want to send that half time feature from Killie to the Raith boardroom to take some notes…

Just now, R.R.FC said:

Also, someone might want to send that half time feature from Killie to the Raith boardroom to take some notes…

Would make no difference. They simply don’t get it and never will. They’ve ridden the media storm and most fans just want to forget it. They probably feel hard done by in the whole thing 

Well, that was very boring. So much so I stopped paying attention shortly after the second goal and had a look at how we've fared this season in our two shapes. 

I've only looked at league games, and I've gone just based on how we've lined up, so no adjustment made for red cards etc. 

Back Four

P17 - W7 D7 L3 

Points per game: 1.64 

Back Three

P9 - W2 D4 L3 (including today, which I'm chalking up as a loss, for reasons that will be obvious to anyone who watched that first half)

Points per game: 1.11 

Now there's some mitigation for McGlynn here, because he has predominantly used the back three in our tougher games so you'd expect a lower total, and the two wins were 3-0 at Rugby Park ane 3-0 at Hamilton which were two of our best performances of the season. But setting those two games aside, we've scored 4 goals in the other six and a half games with this system, one of which was a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Well, that was very boring. So much so I stopped paying attention shortly after the second goal and had a look at how we've fared this season in our two shapes. 

I've only looked at league games, and I've gone just based on how we've lined up, so no adjustment made for red cards etc. 

Back Four

P17 - W7 D7 L3 

Points per game: 1.64 

Back Three

P9 - W2 D4 L3 (including today, which I'm chalking up as a loss, for reasons that will be obvious to anyone who watched that first half)

Points per game: 1.11 

Now there's some mitigation for McGlynn here, because he has predominantly used the back three in our tougher games so you'd expect a lower total, and the two wins were 3-0 at Rugby Park ane 3-0 at Hamilton which were two of our best performances of the season. But setting those two games aside, we've scored 4 goals in the other six and a half games with this system, one of which was a penalty. 

The game bored you so bad, you went full statto. Well played. 

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Would make no difference. They simply don’t get it and never will. They’ve ridden the media storm and most fans just want to forget it. They probably feel hard done by in the whole thing 

This^^^

46 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

We’re simply abysmal now.

First half of the season was full of excitement and hope.

We’re just lucky relegation isn’t a factor…at the moment.

Historically, based upon current point totals, 36 or 37 points will take 8th. Just saying.

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

For all the slagging Varian gets, we miss that physicality.  Relying on Gullan for that is, fucking mental.

Absolute shit show of a performance,  pie was terrible and its fuckimg freezing.  Braw.

Already done more than Gullan.