2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

I wonder if the one Labour member in Angus will try to form an administration with the SNP or keep her head down and allow a Tory/Independent administration?  (I’m assuming all the Independents are closet Tories).
It'll be tight. The Montrose Independents are probably fucking Ukippers in disguise (one was rebuked for Facebook posts about Muslim women on holiday, another had a total meltdown about BLM during a council meeting). The boy McLaren in Forfar is a genuine independent if a bit bland. Lois Speed in Arbroath is a rare Councillor who is genuinely independent and is actually in it to try to improve things in her area. She resigned from the ruling adminstration a while back due to the extent of misogyny and probably because they allowed that fucking creep Richard Moore back in.

I think the SNP will probably have the numbers to form an administration.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw that elected unopposed one in Inverclyde and wondered if we should have a whip round and put you up there next time for the P&B Make Morton Great Again Party.

I'd have to represent the fake settlement that claims to be 'Port Glasgow' and the village of Tory arseholes that is Kilmacolm though, so it's a hard pass from me. 

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61358666

Glenn Campbell - How did the SNP get so good at winning?  Then basically has no answer...but, but the Tories up here are not as bad & Labour have a really good leader in Scotland.

Pathetic BBC  

The BBC are fucked, they had Dross and the Tories on speed dial for the last few years as the go to uber yoons and SNP bad party. With them getting hammered outwith weirdy wickerman places they are now going to back SLAB who actually done pretty shit when they had an open goal and their drip in Westminster is medication for sleep deprivation.   

9 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The BBC are fucked, they had Dross and the Tories on speed dial for the last few years as the go to uber yoons and SNP bad party. With them getting hammered outwith weirdy wickerman places they are now going to back SLAB who actually done pretty shit when they had an open goal and their drip in Westminster is medication for sleep deprivation.   

What I noticed with the Beebs coverage yesterday when the went to the interactive map for results  it showed  how that area had voted in the Eu ref yet they won't mention it as a cause for any problems.For a supposedly neutral national broadcaster it's become a massive joke shop 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw that elected unopposed one in Inverclyde and wondered if we should have a whip round and put you up there next time for the P&B Make Morton Great Again Party.

Outside of the SNP and Greens the only other vote I've cast was in the council election for Morton to get a new stadium party. Think it was around the Hugh Scott era and it was the infamous(to Airdrie) local referee who stood.

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

What I noticed with the Beebs coverage yesterday

that there was none on the TV and radio listing had from 12:00 to 13:30.  This is when I turned on about 12:45,  it was an interview with Mark Hateley.😁

SNP largest party in PKC by 2.

SNP 16
Tories 14
Lib Dem 4

Interesting to see if the Lib Dems try to cuddle up to the tories again. From memory Xander McDade (ind) also joined them then spent 5 years bitching about having no respect from them.

53 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'd have to represent the fake settlement that claims to be 'Port Glasgow' and the village of Tory arseholes that is Kilmacolm though, so it's a hard pass from me. 

"New Kilmacolm councillor asks village to gulag itself"

12 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

This corpulent ginger mess? Nah.

2999075cf27d47d7f5b128fb3035f4bf.jpg

Getting the people of Shettleston to vote for the Tories is a fascinating study in people voting against their best interests.

On the other hand now that just about all the results are in brilliant to see 500 Tory losses, and they are still saying it was a good night :lol:

@101 since your here. You mention Boris maybe pushing through a no confidence vote, to save him.

I heard this on LBC before the results were even announced.  I think you maybe onto something here. He gets past NCV and the more shite will hit the fan, but nobody can touch him.

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

@101 since your here. You mention Boris maybe pushing through a no confidence vote, to save him.

I heard this on LBC before the results were even announced.  I think you maybe onto something here. He gets past NCV and the more shite will hit the fan, but nobody can touch him.

By the Tory rules if he survives then he can't be challenged again for a year 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

By the Tory rules if he survives then he can't be challenged again for a year 

Correct, and by that time, we will (press)  be highlighting some major Ukrainian winner, with Boris, standing next to Zelensky, and the Brits will be glorious....just my thoughts.