Raith Rovers vs Ayr, 5 March

9 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

f**k all wrong with cupping the ears to a quiet stand after scoring in front of them. 

Ridiculous getting booked for that.

He got spoken to the first time and then did it again anyway. I think a booking was fair enough. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

He got spoken to the first time and then did it again anyway. I think a booking was fair enough. 

I’m no fan of celebrating in from of the opposition fans but this is standard behaviour and I’ve never seen a player booked for it before. Totally bizarre from the ref.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fitzpatrick did the same thing to us last week to quite a large extent so maybe he was just copying him. Impressionable young lad and all that....

Fitzpatrick was way worse with him cupping his ears and then running back to the halfway line giving a 1-0 with his fingers. Was he booked or spoken too? Of course not.

35 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The thing is the fans in that photo don’t look particularly noised up. They just look mildly confused. Zoom in on the faces. I did see a couple of boys behind the goal getting upset to be fair.

Aye, there’s absolutely no way there were some roasters seething at it. I imagine that’s why he did it again. 

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A booking for what though? 

Absolutely no reason to speak to him, never mind book him. 

I quite enjoy the players giving it a GIRFUY when they score to the opposition fans. It's a bit of pantomime. It's especially apt if the player concerned has been getting pelters from the stand.

The heads gone that it induces in supporters who are then whining about the ref booking said player is even better.

I'm all for it!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can honestly say that if I played for Ayr, I would be celebrating every goal I scored in front of opposition fans. Maxwells noising up of the Raith fans makes zero sense but maybe he’s just practicing for Friday.

Perhaps taking advantage  of there being home fans at Starks Park.

I feel for the opposition players scoring at the end in a few weeks, with no one to cup their ears to.

Edited by Beastie Russell

Players winding up opposition fans after a goal had been a standard yellow card for years and years. It's a terrible rule and inconsistently applied but it's nothing new. 

Can't wait for Friday now!

I just watched the highlights to see how many folk hung about to the end to boo the team and McGlynn off. Not many.

If Williamson had a clue how to find the net, then maybe things could have been different. Doubt it, but at least we’d have got on the scoresheet.

11 league games without a win, with only 6 points gained. If you’re being generous you give McGlynn QoS away and Inverness at home. Fail to win either of those and it’s goodnight Vienna from me. Wonder what the Board’s view is?

27 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Players winding up opposition fans after a goal had been a standard yellow card for years and years. It's a terrible rule and inconsistently applied but it's nothing new. 

Can't wait for Friday now!

Genuinely couldn’t tell you the last time I saw someone booked for a cupping of the ears, other than yesterday! 

58 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just watched the highlights back. Good grief that is x rated stuff from us. Leaking goals like a sieve at the back and missing sitters at the other end of the pitch. 

Grim. 

I was really surprised at the defensive performance shown by Raith yesterday. We had a couple of nice moments of football, but for the most part it didn't take much to unlock the back line. Just a bit of chasing down/pressure and mistakes kept coming. 

Berra was far from the player I've come to expect since he joined Raith. The 4th goal (while Ashford showed good desire to reach it and finish) was absolutely woeful from a defensive point of view. All over the place.

Rovers seemed quite sound at the back earlier in the season. Must be about a 3rd of the conceded goals coming in the last few games.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's an excellent post, especially considering the time it was put up at...

:lol: Thanks. Awake at that time due to a baby that won’t sleep rather than any drunken night out unfortunately!

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Cupping of ears and shhing opposition fans is the scenes you love to see in football and I’m here for it. 

Indeed, only bettered by doing a full blown Adebayor and running the length of the pitch for a knee slide.

glory fame GIF