Scottish Cup 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Jeanfield v Brechin, Clydebank v Spartans or The Vanity Project v Brora look like the favourites for the tele game imo

Jeanfield played Brechin pre season in Perth with the visitors winning 6-0 . it was close until the opening goal just before half time but the second half was one way traffic. 

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Jeanfield v Brechin, Clydebank v Spartans or The Vanity Project v Brora look like the favourites for the tele game imo

Jeanfield v Brechin is what stood out for me. Maybe Linlithgow Rose v Berwick Rangers in with a shout as well?

It might also come down to what's logistically easiest for the BBC...

Edited by The Master

I can't see Cowdenbeath on TV as how TV-unfriendly Central Park is - had it been the other way round then would have been a stick on.

BBC also want to spread the games about it a bit - they've shown Brechin City, Darvel, Linlithgow, Clydebank, Auchinleck, Dundonald Bluebell, Gretna 2008, Buckie Thistle, Broomhill* and Berwick Rangers since the channel launched in 2019.

Wouldn't be surprised if they opt for Pollok or Irvine Meadow

9 hours ago, Marten said:

I've just booked Friday 16/9 off work for a trip to Wick. 😁

Are you driving? Best way to do it in my opinion, fun drive, but recommend bus rather than train from Inverness to Wick if the times work out, much quicker.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Are you driving? Best way to do it in my opinion, fun drive, but recommend bus rather than train from Inverness to Wick if the times work out, much quicker.

We're just working that out with our group. One of the group is disabled so a car has to be OK for him, which mine isn't. Train will work for him, not sure if those buses are accessible?

2 hours ago, Marten said:

We're just working that out with our group. One of the group is disabled so a car has to be OK for him, which mine isn't. Train will work for him, not sure if those buses are accessible?

You'll have to phone Stagecoach up to check about the bus, I think they might not be low floor ones on that route. Train takes an hour or so longer than the bus from Inverness but it's more comfortable and probably easier to arrange. I assume you know you have to let Scotrail know in advance so they can get a ramp ready if needed for your friend?

image.thumb.png.df4f25a335388c80ac00a5faa11e19c5.png

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'll have to phone Stagecoach up to check about the bus, I think they might not be low floor ones on that route. Train takes an hour or so longer than the bus from Inverness but it's more comfortable and probably easier to arrange. I assume you know you have to let Scotrail know in advance so they can get a ramp ready if needed for your friend?

image.thumb.png.df4f25a335388c80ac00a5faa11e19c5.png

Thanks, usually it's no problem with Scotrail (as long as they are informed in advance), but I'll advise him to check with Stagecoach.

Edited by Marten

On 30/08/2022 at 01:00, Ray Patterson said:

I can't see Cowdenbeath on TV as how TV-unfriendly Central Park is - had it been the other way round then would have been a stick on.

BBC also want to spread the games about it a bit - they've shown Brechin City, Darvel, Linlithgow, Clydebank, Auchinleck, Dundonald Bluebell, Gretna 2008, Buckie Thistle, Broomhill* and Berwick Rangers since the channel launched in 2019.

Wouldn't be surprised if they opt for Pollok or Irvine Meadow

Pollok it is.

On 30/08/2022 at 09:43, Marten said:

Thanks, usually it's no problem with Scotrail (as long as they are informed in advance), but I'll advise him to check with Stagecoach.

Good thing about Harmsworth Park, if you do end up driving and the weather's shite you can park up above and behind one of the goals on a sloping pitch, and have a great view of the game through windscreen wipers!

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Pollok it is.

Decidedly odd pick for me: it's not a top-of-the-tables clash, indeed Huntly are currently 4th bottom of HL and may well get thumped, and unlike Pollok they aren't really a big name at this level either (unless you go right back to their Scottish Cup exploits a few decades ago). I suppose if BBC wanted to stay in Glasgow it was this or Benburb.

Neverthless a different ground and will be interesting to see a TV match under Pollok's new lights, plus their strong support should ensure good crowd.

Edited by HibeeJibee

The production crew etc could have had a decent day or weekend out at the seaside and covered a likely competitive match in Dunbar, this doesn't hold much prospect of a decent game at all. Only reason apart from proximity is somewhere in the decision making was somebody's wee team being Pollock, in my neutral opinion.

It's their first time as a licensed club but they played in it as West Superleague winners in 2007/08 and 2008/09. I think Newlandsfield is exactly the sort of ground that the BBC should be broadcasting from at this stage though - it'll be a big crowd and it'll look great under the lights.

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, Pollok have been in once or twice before I think.

They took us to a replay around 2007/2008-ish if I mind right.

On paper, I'd expect them to skoosh Huntly so it's an odd TV choice, but then none of them really screamed out 'obvious pick'.