Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Heard Neil Warnock has also submitted his application. 

Learned last night he's sadly retired at the ripe old age of 74. 

I'm hoping he'll be up for one last hurrah but it's all looking a little far fetched at the moment, sliding doors moment in December perhaps :(

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I’ve just seen that Ian Gordon, a man with absolutely no football experience, is playing a rather big role in the selection of our next manager. Wouldn’t rule out Mark McGhee quite yet. 

With Ian Gordon in charge of managerial selection, I wouldn't rule out Ian Gordon either to be honest with you. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I’ve just seen that Ian Gordon, a man with absolutely no football experience, is playing a rather big role in the selection of our next manager. Wouldn’t rule out Mark McGhee quite yet. 

I suspect it's the opposite. The minute that McGhee's name pops up, Ian is going to hit up google to find out who Mark McGhee is in the first place, see the news articles about him threatening to spend a week in the scud if Dundee ever win another game, and telling Aberdeen fans to get that phone tae f... and he's going to shudder to himself and close the laptop. It's the lifelong Scottish fitba' timeservers that keeps the likes of Malky Mackay and Mark McGhee in the game.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

I suspect it's the opposite. The minute that McGhee's name pops up, Ian is going to hit up google to find out who Mark McGhee is in the first place, see the news articles about him threatening to spend a week in the scud if Dundee ever win another game, and telling Aberdeen fans to get that phone tae f... and he's going to shudder to himself and close the laptop. It's the lifelong Scottish fitba' timeservers that keeps the likes of Malky Mackay and Mark McGhee in the game.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

I’m just disappointed my name hasn’t been linked yet. 

Thank you. 

Not surprising really, can  you imagine what they found when they googled Girth.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Hibs should be looking at a forward thinking erudite young manager who in his very first season guided his team to a top six finish.

Steven Swift of Stenhousemuir? Thinking a bit out of the box there but you never know.. 

Cocu interests me a lot, the only guy mentioned so far that I actually see doing well for us.

Won the title 3/4 seasons in the Netherlands after PSV hadn’t won the title in 8 years and reached that last 16 of the champions league.

Had a Maloney esq short spell at Fenerbache and seems to have started well before failing at Derby albeit that was at a club verging on administration at the time so probably can’t use that as too much of a stick to beat him with.

Because we’re Hibs we aren’t going to be linked with any managers that have a better pedigree than that.

Get him in please.

Cocu works for me.

Decent pedigree, would demand decent players (thank f**k) and - crucially - isnt Roy Keane or some "experienced in Scotland" jobber.

They need to make an announcement in the next month or so, in order to kickstart the (undoubtedly shit) ST Sales.

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Cocu works for me.

Decent pedigree, would demand decent players (thank f**k) and - crucially - isnt Roy Keane or some "experienced in Scotland" jobber.

They need to make an announcement in the next month or so, in order to kickstart the (undoubtedly shit) ST Sales.

Cocu would be a decent coup I reckon.

Might put the willies up Rab C. Neilson too. 

back off tramp GIF by Chicks on the Right