Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, The Culag said:

I just don't think you've answered the question directly about what Thomson has over Murray that makes him such a better candidate. If you think one year's experience on an astronomical budget trump's Murray's experience to date then that's where I have a right to scrutinise your logic, but not dismiss it.

Not sure why you'd be expecting a Jags fan, or indeed anyone, to have the answers you seek on why the current Airdrie manager isn't "part of the conversation" on the Hibs position.

Given all the Mark McGhee posts I'd be fucking ecstatic that anyone was engaging with your query in anyway seriously 😆.

Hoping the Klinsmann shout is valid. That would be bonkers, but brilliant. 

41 minutes ago, The Culag said:

I just don't think you've answered the question directly about what Thomson has over Murray that makes him such a better candidate. If you think one year's experience on an astronomical budget trump's Murray's experience to date then that's where I have a right to scrutinise your logic, but not dismiss it.

I am more focussed on Murray. He failed at St Mirren. That kind of shit sticks in Scottish football for some candidates. Kevin Thomson would be an even bigger gamble than Ian Murray for Hibs (or any other full-time team, imo). Neither have done enough to be considered for the Hibs job as far as I see it.

11 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I am more focussed on Murray. He failed at St Mirren. That kind of shit sticks in Scottish football for some candidates. Kevin Thomson would be an even bigger gamble than Ian Murray for Hibs (or any other full-time team, imo). Neither have done enough to be considered for the Hibs job as far as I see it.

As much as he absolutely bombed with us, he came into a club that was in absolute tatters from top to bottom. The job was too big for him at that stage of his career. Obviously it doesn't help him that Alex Rae came in and actually improved things, and then the less experienced Jack Ross turned the club around.

But unlike Stubbs, Craig and Rae, I bear no ill-will to Murray. I do think he would need to do a decent job for at least a couple seasons in the Championship before he'd get anywhere near a top flight job, and even then I'd doubt it'd be a club the size of Hibs.

Of course, his need to manage at Championship level means he really ought to steer clear of Falkirk, too.

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Nice to see Martindale has ruled himself out of the running for the Hibs job, while tipping Malky for the job :D 

I’m sure no one at all will find any of those things controversial at all. 

It's a shame, stuff like that is why he's one of the best folk in the league IMO. But that said I can't help but feel for one reason or another it might not work for him at Hibs. Something about reviving careers at Livi that just seems to work for him? 

2 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

It's a shame, stuff like that is why he's one of the best folk in the league IMO. But that said I can't help but feel for one reason or another it might not work for him at Hibs. Something about reviving careers at Livi that just seems to work for him? 

He said that no matter what club came calling he wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving Livi after what we’ve done for him. 

"I'm at Livingston," he said. "Until John and Robert chap my door and say 'Davie, your time is up', I am going to be at Livingston.

"Listen, Hibs aren't coming for Davie Martindale and I am quite happy where I am.

"People have sent me stuff but I have not read anything. I don't spend time reading about other clubs.

"It will not be Davie Martindale that makes the decision to leave Livingston Football Club. It will be Robert Wilson and John Ward, if they think it's my time to move on or move sideways.

Goes on to say he’d have been happy not being manager and just being in the background at Livi for the next 15-20 years. Think both fans and himself are happy just keeping everything together after the job he’s done with us. Pretty unique situation in modern football but it’s nice 

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He said that no matter what club came calling he wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving Livi after what we’ve done for him. 

"I'm at Livingston," he said. "Until John and Robert chap my door and say 'Davie, your time is up', I am going to be at Livingston.

"Listen, Hibs aren't coming for Davie Martindale and I am quite happy where I am.

"People have sent me stuff but I have not read anything. I don't spend time reading about other clubs.

"It will not be Davie Martindale that makes the decision to leave Livingston Football Club. It will be Robert Wilson and John Ward, if they think it's my time to move on or move sideways.

Goes on to say he’d have been happy not being manager and just being in the background at Livi for the next 15-20 years. Think both fans and himself are happy just keeping everything together after the job he’s done with us. Pretty unique situation in modern football but it’s nice 

There is something to be said for realising you are at the right place for you and being happy with that.  I am all for ambition and moving up but sometimes a move up isn’t always right. 

I didn’t expect Roy Keane to be the first ridiculous shout to be fair. The Times have gone big with that. Sure he did something recently where he all but confirmed his management days are finished now. 

Edited by Zing.