Darvel FC Thread

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

So darvel get pumped at home to a league 1 side on Monday night and now they would sit comfy in this division if not tear it up. Love it and only on pie and bovril😁

Darvel beat montrose 5-2 does that no count ? There in league 1 they also beat clyde 4-0 there classed as league 1 but are really league 2 so I wouldn’t count that but they would defo hold there own with your alloa’s & Edinburgh cities that I would guarantee!

23 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

No your wrong the current team none of them would get a game anywhere near the championship bar Mcshane meggatt maybe on a good day but he looked crippled the other night !

im sure at one point every player will have played in spl at reserve level etc im on about current state of affairs they have brought no one in from any championship or league 1 that’s a standard player for they leagues. People who have came in from Peterhead & kelty were no getting there game & there league 2 sides been kind to them!

9 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Darvel beat montrose 5-2 does that no count ? There in league 1 they also beat clyde 4-0 there classed as league 1 but are really league 2 so I wouldn’t count that but they would defo hold there own with your alloa’s & Edinburgh cities that I would guarantee!

Ah right. So you don't have players capable of playing in League 1/Championship but your side would hold their own against League 1 sides. Makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I’ve got clients who play in league 1 so I do watch and keep an eye on it , the darvel team the now would be in top 6 of it 

As you say it's all about opinions this darvel team is the best I've ever seen at our level  but they wouldn't finish in the top six of league one it's ok watching them play in one off cup ties and  beating teams higher than them but over the course of a full season two thirds of that team won't be good enough that's my opinion.

I'm not saying Darvel aren't a good side for one minute. However I do think anyone using cup ties as evidence of how a team would do in a league tends to be an idiot.

Would Stevenage be mid-table in the Premier League down south because they beat Villa? Would 2013 (or whenever the Tony Watt game was) Celtic have won La Liga that season because they beat Barcelona?

Bonnyrigg Rose are a good example of the gulf between non-league and league football. They kept near enough the same squad that, deservedly and impressively, won the Lowland League title last year. They are now struggling big time in League Two, have shipped out a load of first team players from the LL title win and have been forced to rebuild their squad with some more SPFL experience.

Nobody knows how this Darvel squad would get on in League One because they aren't playing League One teams week-in, week-out.

Would I fancy them to finish above Peterhead and Clyde? Absolutely. Would I fancy them to finish above Kelty and Queen of the South? Not really.

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not saying Darvel aren't a good side for one minute. However I do think anyone using cup ties as evidence of how a team would do in a league tends to be an idiot.

Would Stevenage be mid-table in the Premier League down south because they beat Villa? Would 2013 (or whenever the Tony Watt game was) Celtic have won La Liga that season because they beat Barcelona?

Bonnyrigg Rose are a good example of the gulf between non-league and league football. They kept near enough the same squad that, deservedly and impressively, won the Lowland League title last year. They are now struggling big time in League Two, have shipped out a load of first team players from the LL title win and have been forced to rebuild their squad with some more SPFL experience.

Nobody knows how this Darvel squad would get on in League One because they aren't playing League One teams week-in, week-out.

Would I fancy them to finish above Peterhead and Clyde? Absolutely. Would I fancy them to finish above Kelty and Queen of the South? Not really.

Mate ur correct it’s all about opinions but I remember 4 years ago on here telling everyone what was about to happen at darvel and I got slaughtered from Most on here but mainly Talbot fans , I’ve been proved correct and I believe mick can do it in the senior game also , second best is not in his vocabulary 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Fm it’s easy for him To attract players because of wages I get that iM No stupid but let’s no be kidded there are guys playing at darvel who could earn more elsewhere and If and when he steps up if he gos for a player and he’s in the ballpart of what other teams are offering I think he would get them to sign , he’s infectious and guys love playing for him , anyway I’ve got soul but I’m not a soldier ha ha 

Ian McShane dropped from Falkirk who pay well when he was playing every week to Darvel and is allegedly on £800 a week. It is rumoured that Craig Moore is on 1k a week and got a Black Rooster franchise to sign. Not sure what your point is here as it is very clear they are dropping down for £.

McGlynn Falkirk manager in an interview was asked after the last league game against Alloa about the forthcoming  Cup Tie against Darvel.

He said, Falkirk would need to be well prepared and Darvel's results against Montrose and Aberdeen showed that they were a good side. He went on to say they had some players capable of playing at league two and maybe a couple at league one level, but they were only playing at Darvel because of the money.

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate ur correct it’s all about opinions but I remember 4 years ago on here telling everyone what was about to happen at darvel and I got slaughtered from Most on here but mainly Talbot fans , I’ve been proved correct and I believe mick can do it in the senior game also , second best is not in his vocabulary 

You also denied there was big money involved.

8 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Ian McShane dropped from Falkirk who pay well when he was playing every week to Darvel and is allegedly on £800 a week. It is rumoured that Craig Moore is on 1k a week and got a Black Rooster franchise to sign. Not sure what your point is here as it is very clear they are dropping down for £.

Im No even going to start replying to that nonsense , sorry 

14 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

People on here think everyone is on fortunes it’s nonsense I can tell you the now there will be 2 players max on over £300 a week there and I could name them. Mcshane & Meggatt 

anyone else says there on more or anything near it there telling yous what they want to hear … lies 

I also know for fact there’s a player played last night not even on £100 a week ! 

Craig Moore, highest earner by far.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You also denied there was big money involved.

Mark trust me at that time there wasn’t , there was good money but NOT big money , fgs more than half the team came from Colville  and we’re playing for £40 per week when they came , some on nothing , and I remember mick saying I’ve a chance we can get Darryl meggat to come and sign , at that time meggat signed for £150 per week 

46 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

As you say it's all about opinions this darvel team is the best I've ever seen at our level  but they wouldn't finish in the top six of league one it's ok watching them play in one off cup ties and  beating teams higher than them but over the course of a full season two thirds of that team won't be good enough that's my opinion.

Mate u might be right I might be right we will never know and I’ve no problem with that opinion , it wouldn’t do if we all had same thoughts  , anyway I need to go and get some mortgages agreed for clients ! 

20 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mark trust me at that time there wasn’t , there was good money but NOT big money , fgs more than half the team came from Colville  and we’re playing for £40 per week when they came , some on nothing , and I remember mick saying I’ve a chance we can get Darryl meggat to come and sign , at that time meggat signed for £150 per week 

I know someone who played for Colville and he was on more than £40 a week. Full squad got a suit from Slaters from when they got to the Scottish Cup final which is a decent perk too.