Darvel FC Thread

Rhubarb getting a wee bit excited and it’s no me with another user name before anyone mentions it 😂😂

we can beat anyone on our day but we could also lose to anyone as Saturday so nearly proved , a minute away from penalty kicks and anything could happen then , the Scottish is wide open and glensmad mentioned a load of teams who could beat us quite easily on the day 

On 07/12/2023 at 21:56, Bheaten Castard said:

Did you start the lottery ? When I joined someone else claimed it was there idea and funnily enough they are no longer on the committee. Maybe it was you though that pic on Rhubarbs profile looks nothing like the guy who signed me up though. Mick was the best thing that ever happened to Darvel and probably the best manager at non league level so congratulations on that. Do love your rants on Saturday nights though and though you might not be everyone cup of tea you are Mr Darvel as far as I am concerned. You can't really have an open to everyone AGM as it attracts all sorts. There should be one though that is open to season ticket holders or at least someone representing them. 

How is mick the best non league manager he won 1 Cup or am I missing something 

3 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Tony has the experience and better of talbot over the years, he lives rent free in their heads.  

st cadocs don’t have players that have ever won anything.  Benburb are a hit or a miss, if they are at home on their horrible pitch it is a leveller right enough.  Talbot are very poor we schooled them earlier in season.  Rest aren’t at our level right now 

Wow imagine saying every team is crap and Darvel are the bees knees do u know what its like to win a cup like the Scottish oh sorry have Darvel ever won it nope will they ever nope but other teams like poor talbot have won it just 13 times to let u know and we will win it again before Darvel wether we are good or bad 

3 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Massive game this weekend, can’t help think if we win this we will go on to win the Scottish. I know John said previously the weren’t entering it as they were focussing on other stuff etc…however I think the realisation that moving up the leagues would be a bad move then it’s right to focus on the Scottish at our level.  

Wow for a club with next to no cups to their name, this is confidence. 

4 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Massive game this weekend, can’t help think if we win this we will go on to win the Scottish. I know John said previously the weren’t entering it as they were focussing on other stuff etc…however I think the realisation that moving up the leagues would be a bad move then it’s right to focus on the Scottish at our level.  

Just when you think some people are starting to ease up on the 'Let's All Hate Darvel' front, up pops another idiot intent on ensuring it will continue.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Any truth in Craig truesdale returning 

Why would u ask if a player is returning when u seem to know the ins and outs of the club better than others I got a feeling u know nothing and ur just the organ grinder and u just keep playing the tune and in all honesty why would he want to return to a club that's not stable 🤔 🎶 

16 hours ago, beaver watch said:

I think the Darvel lad forgets that the Larkhall lads have been playing well in the cup's with wins over Drumchapel and Blantyre in the Indico Comms Cup. These sides are sitting second and third in the first division.

Terrific young team. Ordinarily Larkhall Thistle are a much bigger and more illustrious club than Darvel.

On 12/12/2023 at 09:04, Rhubarb-74 said:

What a statement to come out with.

It’s unfortunate us as Darvel supporters are all tarred with the same brush as these clowns that come out with nonsense like above. 

On 12/12/2023 at 09:04, Rhubarb-74 said:

Moving up the leagues would be a bad move?

What a joke! Start up the West Juniors again and piss off then.

9 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Tell me what team he's managing now and what position they are in the pyramid system ? He's the Pep Guardiola  of non league football 

He has spent a fortune on players but he ain't no pep Guardiola that's for sure pep has won loads of leagues and cups micks won erm 1 league and couldn't get that team promoted he is just a lucky person I would say and if u want to talk best non league manager tucker is and I think everyone would agree