Darvel FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Nop invitation only and never made the cut ha , but hey ho and in your opinion which Is fine that’s what football is all about but if u think things are fine doon the brae so be it 

Maybe you’ll make the cut for the next one…

Is there a crisis doon the brae? 

The club have recognised the problem before it’s too late, cut back where they can surely that’s a step in the right direction. Still competitive at the top end of the table, still in 2 cups, Have a good group of players and excellent facilities. 

But I suppose Things have never been fine Doon the brae since you got asked to leave 😂

1 minute ago, ClubFan87 said:

Maybe you’ll make the cut for the next one…

Is there a crisis doon the brae? 

The club have recognised the problem before it’s too late, cut back where they can surely that’s a step in the right direction. Still competitive at the top end of the table, still in 2 cups, Have a good group of players and excellent facilities. 

But I suppose Things have never been fine Doon the brae since you got asked to leave 😂

I’d say aye but u seem to be happy , the only people coming out of this with any credit is Tony and baxkroom staff n the players for keeping things going 

48 minutes ago, ClubFan87 said:

It did actually work out ok. Nobody is questioning that at all. 

now you are not involved everything is negative even when things are going well is my point. 

I don’t know, why don't you ask the people that make those kind of decisions? Did you not make the cut for the last AGM? The club will always be a better place without you. 

U answer all my posts so be Interested on ur take on this , at the last agm balance sheets weren’t handed out but a statement made saying things were fine financially which was a lot of nonsense , u can’t just accept things as easy as that surely ? 

12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’d say aye but u seem to be happy , the only people coming out of this with any credit is Tony and baxkroom staff n the players for keeping things going 

A crisis is not being able to pay players wages or switch on the floodlights. 

Does the committee or the man that’s put his hand in his own pocket endless amounts of times not get any credit no? Of course they don’t because that doesn’t fit your narrative. Yes there obviously has been mistakes made along the way but at least they have been addressed. 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

U answer all my posts so be Interested on ur take on this , at the last agm balance sheets weren’t handed out but a statement made saying things were fine financially which was a lot of nonsense , u can’t just accept things as easy as that surely ? 

At the time of the last AGM were you involved with the clubs finances? If the answer is no then how do you know that the comment made about everything being fine financially was a lot of nonsense? 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Nop invitation only and never made the cut ha , but hey ho and in your opinion which Is fine that’s what football is all about but if u think things are fine doon the brae so be it 

Why would you be invited along tae it? You do nothin in any way shape or form to help the club. In fact you do the opposite. Encourage people not to spend money in the club and speak negatively ony opportunity you get. So why the hell would the club think tae invite you? The club is better off without ye you are poison as is your wee fan boy. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

My only says were starting the lottery and getting mick in , that worked no bad eh 🤔

n tell me why there wouldn’t be an agm open to everyone , be quite interesting 🤔

Did you start the lottery ? When I joined someone else claimed it was there idea and funnily enough they are no longer on the committee. Maybe it was you though that pic on Rhubarbs profile looks nothing like the guy who signed me up though. Mick was the best thing that ever happened to Darvel and probably the best manager at non league level so congratulations on that. Do love your rants on Saturday nights though and though you might not be everyone cup of tea you are Mr Darvel as far as I am concerned. You can't really have an open to everyone AGM as it attracts all sorts. There should be one though that is open to season ticket holders or at least someone representing them. 

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Did you start the lottery ? When I joined someone else claimed it was there idea and funnily enough they are no longer on the committee. Maybe it was you though that pic on Rhubarbs profile looks nothing like the guy who signed me up though. Mick was the best thing that ever happened to Darvel and probably the best manager at non league level so congratulations on that. Do love your rants on Saturday nights though and though you might not be everyone cup of tea you are Mr Darvel as far as I am concerned. You can't really have an open to everyone AGM as it attracts all sorts. There should be one though that is open to season ticket holders or at least someone representing them. 

Frustrated Chris Pratt GIF

Rhubarb,Castard and pieman.

Is there a vision for the future of this club?

Who want to sit back and see it crumble?

Time to get your finger out of the pie before it becomes a bigger eton mess.

Edited by happy

17 hours ago, Easyas123 said:

Why would you be invited along tae it? You do nothin in any way shape or form to help the club. In fact you do the opposite. Encourage people not to spend money in the club and speak negatively ony opportunity you get. So why the hell would the club think tae invite you? The club is better off without ye you are poison as is your wee fan boy. 

Does anyone know definitively how the 'club' is now structured?

If it's still a club, then only the (paying) members should attend any AGM or EGM

If it's become a limited company, only shareholders.

If it's now wholly owned by Mr Gall, then there's no need for a meeting at all!

50 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Unsure if you are a paid employee of johns hoaxer surely you want different views at meetings? You seem to have an issue when someone speaks out and you throw toys out the pram, have an adult discussion.  

the role of the committee has to be to ensure financial stability.  Why was there a shortfall? Why was budgets set to take into account games that weren’t guaranteed, who sanctioned two year deal for a player that was retiring due to injury, who sanctioned the £9k for Jordan Moore.  These are question fans rightfully want to know.  The agm should be an open forum not a shut shop.  

it is an unhealthy environment at moment, no wonder crowds and low.   

unless the club are prepared to embrace different views we will be toiling for years to come.  

I don’t criticise John for the changes at park etc…I’ve said before I’d prefer to see more boys coming through from 20s as opposed to big money signings that gives the team a much better connection to community.  

No am an ex committe member who has seen the damage a so called ‘Darvel legend’ has tried to do to the club since leaving. If it wis up tae me I would ban him from the club.

A don’t have a problem with people questioning things n trying to help? But take it to the committee and try tae help them, they are all human and the more we pull together as a toon and club then the better for everyone. You seem like you care about the club why don’t you come forward to help out and give your opinion on where it can be better? 

i 100% agree with you regarding the 20’s and galston youth teams being the future. Hopefully we can now start to see this come into place. 

8 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Does anyone know definitively how the 'club' is now structured?

If it's still a club, then only the (paying) members should attend any AGM or EGM

If it's become a limited company, only shareholders.

If it's now wholly owned by Mr Gall, then there's no need for a meeting at all!

Not sure but I was at it last year and believe it was open to all season ticket holders. Which is fair in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Easyas123 said:

Not sure but I was at it last year and believe it was open to all season ticket holders. Which is fair in my opinion. 

Not sure if that means that all members are season ticket holders and vice versa at Darvel and so attend AGMs which are called per the club constitution.Or if the club is set up entirely differently did Mr Gall host what could be loosely termed an AGM voluntarily as an open meeting for fans?

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Not sure if that means that all members are season ticket holders and vice versa at Darvel and so attend AGMs which are called per the club constitution.Or if the club is set up entirely differently did Mr Gall host what could be loosely termed an AGM voluntarily as an open meeting for fans?

I believe it was season ticket holders which tbh I think that is a fair way to do it, i heard not all were sent notification of the agm though, whether that is true or not I don’t know.

Wasn’t great today but in cup football all u have to do is get into next round so job done , officials have have had better days as some of the decisions were baffling for Both sides , Greenock will be gutted as they  were denied going up 2-0 with a wrong offside decision and we looked  as if we had a stone wall penalty before g got the winner , we certainly deserved to win but missed chances could have cost us today 

10 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Poor poor performance tidal against a team many leagues below, main thing is we are through.  Would be interesting to hear the official attendance be lucky to break 60.  Onto the next one 

You can go back 60 years and statistics will show that Darvel have never had a regular fan base. The only occasions that they can attract decent numbers are when they have a cup run. With the village population changing so much in recent times, that situation is only going to continue . The difference now is that for whatever reason, the club are disliked to an extent they never were. 

9 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Massive game this weekend, can’t help think if we win this we will go on to win the Scottish. I know John said previously the weren’t entering it as they were focussing on other stuff etc…however I think the realisation that moving up the leagues would be a bad move then it’s right to focus on the Scottish at our level.  

So, on that theory, if you beat a team from the bottom half of two leagues below you (at home), you reckon that means you will go on to win the competition, ignoring the fact that Auchinleck Talbot, Benburb, Arthurlie, Hurlford United, St Cadoc's, Lochee United and Johnstone Burgh are all still in the competition as well ?

13 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Massive game this weekend, can’t help think if we win this we will go on to win the Scottish. I know John said previously the weren’t entering it as they were focussing on other stuff etc…however I think the realisation that moving up the leagues would be a bad move then it’s right to focus on the Scottish at our level.  

You all don’t lack confidence I’ll give you that 

Edited by southerner