Darvel FC Thread

A team continues to improve its facilities, regardless if it's only for this game and from previous posts it is stated it was already planned for the summer so credit to Darvel for doing what their doing, all teams should be applauded for improving their facilities, we've seen since Covid and inception of WOSL that most if not all teams have been busy improving their facilities. I think it's been a massive positive in what teams are doing all over to improve. Darvel may have been leading on that but it's made others IMO improve also. How many dressing rooms were upgraded following what Darvel did with theirs... plenty. 

Good luck in their fixture with Aberdeen which is arguably the biggest a team at our level has played and I hope all goes well with the capacity and works undertaken.

it's great to see managers answering questions from the ordinary punters. I've got question too actually- 

Do you think Darvel will make an unfounded accusation of racism against the Aberdeen fans in a national paper if the result doesn't go Darvels way?

16 minutes ago, Shanner said:

it's great to see managers answering questions from the ordinary punters. I've got question too actually- 

Do you think Darvel will make an unfounded accusation of racism against the Aberdeen fans in a national paper if the result doesn't go Darvels way?

And will Aberdeen be allowed to put people with clickers on the gates. 

51 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The guy was good enough to come on here and answer a few questions honestly. 

Stop being a total fanny about things  .

Edited by Thejackdaw

On 10/01/2023 at 17:35, parsforlife said:

That’s not how it works, up for the clubs to agree, and if no agreement then it’s the home teams league price that is the default.

Just for info, we travel to Inverness on league business this weekend and the tickets are £18. We go back there next week on Scottish Cup business and the exact same seat is £20.

Just catching up with this farcical attempt to get 4000 inside that ground. Clearly spectator safety is of no concern over coffers in the bank.  No honest official would ever allow 4000 in there.  That banking cannot be included for a start.  

linlithgow has one of the finest stadiums at this level and the safety officer has deemed 1700 as the safe capacity including 300 seats in stand.  Banking is not allowed to be included.   

either safety aspects are not applied on a level playing field or palms have been greased on the local council only for police scotland to rightly say no chance.   

1 hour ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Just catching up with this farcical attempt to get 4000 inside that ground. Clearly spectator safety is of no concern over coffers in the bank.  No honest official would ever allow 4000 in there.  That banking cannot be included for a start.  

linlithgow has one of the finest stadiums at this level and the safety officer has deemed 1700 as the safe capacity including 300 seats in stand.  Banking is not allowed to be included.   

either safety aspects are not applied on a level playing field or palms have been greased on the local council only for police scotland to rightly say no chance.   

Having been to Darvel to watch Buffs over the last couple of seasons, the work that's gone on at Recreation Park has been excellent.

However, from those photographs of the work done on the banking, it doesn't look like a great spectator experience in terms of it being behind the goals, little gradient if you are not at the barrier and with type 1 (or whatever it is) underfoot.

I appreciate Darvel wanting to maximise earnings/competitive advantage by keeping the game in Darvel, but surely there has to be some adherence to the existing safety certificate in these circumstances?

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Having been to Darvel to watch Buffs over the last couple of seasons, the work that's gone on at Recreation Park has been excellent.

However, from those photographs of the work done on the banking, it doesn't look like a great spectator experience in terms of it being behind the goals, little gradient if you are not at the barrier and with type 1 (or whatever it is) underfoot.

I appreciate Darvel wanting to maximise earnings/competitive advantage by keeping the game in Darvel, but surely there has to be some adherence to the existing safety certificate in these circumstances?

The ground has improved thanks to Mr Gall but I can’t see that the big slope section can safely accommodate any more than a couple of hundred people behind a fence one deep 

18 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Or have they?? It leads me to think that there's more to it . Seems strange to bang up prices for no reason. I'll try to find out. Tune in next week.

There is nothing to find out. The rules are crystal clear.

They state both clubs must agree to admission prices. If they fail to agree the normal admission price of the home team will apply as long as it is at least the same as the minimum price set for the round.

I really don't understand why you are so unwilling to accept this. The rules are there in black & white

2 hours ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Agreed, I don’t see anything at darval that would grant it a bigger capacity for flat standing than anyone else, medowbank has 800ish for 2 and a bit sides.  Yes the area at darval is bigger, but with flat standing only 1.5M beyond the barrier is considered usable, which is about 4 deep.   

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Or have they?? It leads me to think that there's more to it . Seems strange to bang up prices for no reason. I'll try to find out. Tune in next week.

Yes, it’s the rules.  I guess the only thing that could complicate it is Inverness have a £2 discount for buying more then 3 hours in advance for league games which possibly doesn’t get applied for this game.

’28.3 Subject to the terms of this Competition Rule 28, the charges for admission for Matches shall be agreed by the Clubs competing in that particular Match. If the competing Clubs are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the Home Club will apply’ 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9881/sfa_handbook-2022-23-digital.pdf

On 13/01/2023 at 16:08, SocialClubEnd said:

The capacity of beechwood was cut for the hearts match due to the grass banking beside the stand being unsuitable how the council allegedly gave davel a 4000 capacity beggars belief.