New kits 22-23

On 30/05/2022 at 13:31, ecto said:

I remember a time when the home team changed, when did it change to the away side

I've been going to Dens since the late 60s and for a long time it was the home team that changed so I reckon at some point in the early 80s?

I may be wrong but I think for Scottish Cup ties both teams wore their change kit if there was a colour clash.  Not sure when this changed but maybe in the 60s. For the 1964 Cup Final Dundee changed to all white while Rangers wore a striped shirt.

On 29/05/2022 at 20:18, Specky Ginger said:

Rovers 3 Rangers 1, 24th February 1951.

Rangers arrived with their blue kit and Bill Struth was raging when Rovers refused to change.

Billy Simpson of Rangers is wearing Rovers' red away kit

IMG-20220419-WA0003.jpg

"For those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink blue is next to the green red"

On 22/05/2022 at 12:52, djchapsticks said:

When are you going back to the Argentina style home top?

Rivals or not, I loved that shirt but then who in their right mind doesn't love an Argentina shirt?

Not sure if it was used by the first team or not, but the club released a retro version of the original Argentina top a few years back. A nice update/money spinner considering that the 90s originals are not easy to find. 

Our away kit is okay but we're seriously blowing the opportunity to produce a Parma-style blue and yellow hoops effort, now that the Border Bumpkins have been emptied from the league. Apparently 'the beaks' have some bizarre notion that a yellow/blue would clash so much with any another blue kit that their top-notch officials would lose their bearings during the game. Not that we'd notice that tbh. 

Perhaps Cove are the latest excuse but we should just launch a Parma-hoops top and dare the SPFL to do something about it. It'll sell more than a shitey, plain white effort regardless. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not sure if it was used by the first team or not, but the club released a retro version of the original Argentina top a few years back. A nice update/money spinner considering that the 90s originals are not easy to find. 

Our away kit is okay but we're seriously blowing the opportunity to produce a Parma-style blue and yellow hoops effort, now that the Border Bumpkins have been emptied from the league. Apparently 'the beaks' have some bizarre notion that a yellow/blue would clash so much with any another blue kit that their top-notch officials would lose their bearings during the game. Not that we'd notice that tbh. 

Perhaps Cove are the latest excuse but we should just launch a Parma-hoops top and dare the SPFL to do something about it. It'll sell more than a shitey, plain white effort regardless. 

I'd imagine that sort of idea would be best implemented next season. Joma's standard contact involves season one being off the shelf efforts - basically pick whatever they have in stock and fire a badge and sponsor on it.

The deal will extend into bespoke territory next season and something like that would be possible. I don't see how it would clash though, if your home kit goes for more of a royal/light blue hoop and away kit goes yellow and navy, you're surely good to go.

I'd like to see that though - one of my favourite kits in world football is Fenerbahce (I owned the beauty below back in the day) so a Navy/Yellow combo if done correctly would be sharp as f**k.

image.png.6a4b9a5ff07c84ef4ff0a8b249401e7c.png

I'd imagine that sort of idea would be best implemented next season. Joma's standard contact involves season one being off the shelf efforts - basically pick whatever they have in stock and fire a badge and sponsor on it.
The deal will extend into bespoke territory next season and something like that would be possible. I don't see how it would clash though, if your home kit goes for more of a royal/light blue hoop and away kit goes yellow and navy, you're surely good to go.
I'd like to see that though - one of my favourite kits in world football is Fenerbahce (I owned the beauty below back in the day) so a Navy/Yellow combo if done correctly would be sharp as f**k.
image.png.6a4b9a5ff07c84ef4ff0a8b249401e7c.png

Some of the more tradition-minded Dees would probably want me locked up for suggesting it, but I’d love if Dundee brought out a yellow shirt, navy shorts, yellow socks combo one year.

17 hours ago, virginton said:

Apparently 'the beaks' have some bizarre notion that a yellow/blue would clash so much with any another blue kit that their top-notch officials would lose their bearings during the game. Not that we'd notice that tbh. 

Was it not the argument it would be too close to our home kit? Although I guess that argument just leads into the idea it wouldn't be available if there was a clash with the home kit so it's all the same.

Could do it as a third kit

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Was it not the argument it would be too close to our home kit? Although I guess that argument just leads into the idea it wouldn't be available if there was a clash with the home kit so it's all the same.

Could do it as a third kit

1800535518_Screenshot_20220611-230514_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.60c603434016a4e473f2a3669b11be40.jpg

On 11/06/2022 at 08:23, stu2910 said:

Some of the more tradition-minded Dees would probably want me locked up for suggesting it, but I’d love if Dundee brought out a yellow shirt, navy shorts, yellow socks combo one year.

Aye, you need locked up 😂

For me it's always any combination of white, sky blue or at a push red for the away kit.

29 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Aye, you need locked up 😂

For me it's always any combination of white, sky blue or at a push red for the away kit.

Sky Blue is shite imo. We've had far too many mundane kits in that colour over recent seasons, although last season's was reasonable tbf. Dark blue home, white away, red third (I'm sure i used to have a red Firkin Brewery sponsored change shirt which was a thing of beauty). 

Aye, you need locked up [emoji23]

[emoji23] not saying I don’t prefer those colours, but once you own about 10 of each it would be nice to have something different.

Would take it being the third kit!

I think our new strips are OK, the away one is quite smart, for being out the catalog I was expecting worse. As noted before this is only for one season, I think we missed the boat on that, as it's only for one season we could have used the Argentina template :(, recon fans would have been happy with that and return to the hoops for the bespoke efforts next season, ah well!

Edited by M0rtonfc

Ours are out this week, hoping as always for black shorts with the home kit, not fussed on whether it's hoops or stripes but the first 2 O'Neills home kits have been stripes so probably due hoops or something different.

As for away kits, looked at the last 30 years and we've had 8 where predominant colour was white, 7 black, 4 navy blue (not counting retro Scottish Cup kit), 3 pink (including the camo kit) , 2 sky blue and 6 one offs. 2 of last 3 years have been white so can't see it being that.

58 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Ours are out this week, hoping as always for black shorts with the home kit, not fussed on whether it's hoops or stripes but the first 2 O'Neills home kits have been stripes so probably due hoops or something different.

As for away kits, looked at the last 30 years and we've had 8 where predominant colour was white, 7 black, 4 navy blue (not counting retro Scottish Cup kit), 3 pink (including the camo kit) , 2 sky blue and 6 one offs. 2 of last 3 years have been white so can't see it being that.

As always, I’ll be hoping that they remake the pink and grey hooped away kit this year. Either that or just use the 1921 kit remake we’ve been wearing in Scottish cup games. 

Sky Blue is shite imo. We've had far too many mundane kits in that colour over recent seasons, although last season's was reasonable tbf. Dark blue home, white away, red third (I'm sure i used to have a red Firkin Brewery sponsored change shirt which was a thing of beauty). 
Had all 3 of the Avec strips in 1996. The red 3rd strip was indeed a thing of beauty. First ever 3rd strip we'd had I think?e1846cba5a8da47f62e791f4b4e53bd2.jpg

9 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

I have just watched Motherwells new kit reveal video and it's based on an old kit...they are with Macron too so hopefully we are going down the same route

Motherwell kit is a cracker.

10 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Raith Rovers open day on Sunday 26th June for the revealing of the new kit.

I'll be going to the Friendly at dunbar the day before, might see the new strip then...