The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

That ridiculous tartan third kit was never worn in a competitive fixture, diminishing its value as a charity fund raiser. As did the fact it was launched in late January, missing the opportunity for Christmas purchases.

Our home kit should be impossible to mess up. I know the deal wasn’t bespoke and it was mostly down to the quality of training wear, which to be fair, is good. However, if you approach a company and their answer to “can you do us a bespoke home shirt?” is “no” then you pretty much end the conversation there. Identity is important in football. 

16 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not a complete list but fill your boots. Queen's Park Kit History - Football Kit Archive

When I clicked on that, the first thing that popped up was an advert with photos of young girls in bikinis. Thankfully I wasn't on the bus when I did. #yaauldperv

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

When I clicked on that, the first thing that popped up was an advert with photos of young girls in bikinis. Thankfully I wasn't on the bus when I did. #yaauldperv

Lol! Disappointingly no bikini clad ladies when I click on it. Better clear out your computer cache and cookies my friend 😁

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Are you sure you clicked on the right link?

Suspicious Suspect GIF by Paul McCartney

4 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Lol! Disappointingly no bikini clad ladies when I click on it. Better clear out your computer cache and cookies my friend 😁

You're assuming I have a clue how to do that. Or even what a cache is. I can barely make a call on my phone.

12 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Ben McPherson ruptured his acl.

on his instagram 

Horrible news. Really sad for the lad. Hope he makes a full recovery as soon as possible. I believe the physios from his home club will be taking over his rehabilitation as his time with us is clearly over. 

The new community kit is really good (my son got his a few weeks ago, and his team won their first game that they wore it in) quite similair to last years home kit but with a few improvements in my opinion. The quality is pretty good too, especially compared to the kids previous kit which felt like it was made of tissue paper. I'd have been quite happy for the first team to be wearing that kit this season.

It's a completely bespoke kit (albeit probably just a tweak of last years Macron kit). It's infuriating that we can arrange a bespoke kit for our community teams, but can't manage that for our first team(s).

Last year's 3rd kit is still a bug bear of mine. I spent about £100 to get one for each of my kids and we didn't even wear it for one match.

It doesn't help that the marketing pictures in George Sqare featured Simon Murray, only for him to leave about a week later 🤦‍♂️

The Admiral kit for me is the best home kit we've ever had. I still can't make my mind up about the poka-dot away kit, but it will always be linked in my mind with that playoff final and the celebrations afterwards.

Edited by Ben Reilly

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

The new community kit is really good (my son got his a few weeks ago, and his team won their first game that they wore it in) quite similair to last years home kit but with a few improvements in my opinion. The quality is pretty good too, especially compared to the kids previous kit which felt like it was made of tissue paper. I'd have been quite happy for the first team to be wearing that kit this season.

It's a completely bespoke kit (albeit probably just a tweak of last years Macron kit). It's infuriating that we can arrange a bespoke kit for our community teams, but can't manage that for our first team(s).

Last year's 3rd kit is still a bug bear of mine. I spent about £100 to get one for each of my kids and we didn't even wear it for one match.

It doesn't help that the marketing pictures in George Sqare featured Simon Murray, only for him to leave about a week later 🤦‍♂️

The Admiral kit for me is the best home kit we've ever had. I still can't make my mind up about the poka-dot away kit, but it will always be linked in my mind with that playoff final and the celebrations afterwards.

I agree about the Admiral Kit, a design classic in my view and I still enjoy wearing it to games from time to time. The polkadot kit is a bit marmite. I didn't like it initially but it has grown on me over time and it is good to blow the dust off of it every now at a game.  Never went for the tartan kit as I didn't like it despite the good intentions.

18 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I still can't make my mind up about the poka-dot away kit, but it will always be linked in my mind with that playoff final and the celebrations afterwards.

Hopefully they don't update it....2023 will just be a solid red line!

I've been supporting QP since the mid 90s.

It's still a pinch me moment to see international class players such as Wilson and Sheridan playing for us. 

Obvs they're towards the end of their careers, certainly Sheridan is, but their class is so obvious.