The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

I'd have hoped that as Club Captain this wouldn't be the case as the things we are desperately needing at the moment; leadership, creativity and attacking threat, tend to come from him.  All that said, the silence from the club as to what the injury is and how long he'll be out for has been deafening.  With a year left on his contract it'll be interesting to see if he's still around in August

If it weren't a legitimate injury then I doubt they'd still interview him before games/make him the focal point of the matchdsy graphic on social media/including him in the training photos. I don't think there's any reason to doubt that he's genuinely hurt himself.

48 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

If it weren't a legitimate injury then I doubt they'd still interview him before games/make him the focal point of the matchdsy graphic on social media/including him in the training photos. I don't think there's any reason to doubt that he's genuinely hurt himself.

I agree, but why are the interviewers not asking the question of both Davidson and Thomas? Are they barred from doing so? It seems to me to be the No 1 issue at the moment. As a fan I think I am entitled to relevant information from the club. It is run like an Eastern Bloc country at the moment.

9 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I have a sinking feeling following Davidson's post match interview that we may not see Thomas again this season.

On 13/04/2024 at 19:35, Spider Rico said:

Davidson has made some mistakes in recent weeks for sure but no doubt the root cause of the situation we find ourselves in was LeeAnn Dempster (and others) giving Marijn Beuker full control of the first team in the summer. 

Correct. The club totally failed in that regard. Giving Marijn full control to get rid of Owen Coyle (crazy decision) and replacing him with his inadequate Dutch pal was truly shocking. 

On 13/04/2024 at 19:03, Spider1975 said:

get playing Thomson in defence if you're playing him in that Libero role, but he isn't, he's playing on the left of Tizzard, who in turn is being shored up on the right by Wilson

Eh?

14 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I have a sinking feeling following Davidson's post match interview that we may not see Thomas again this season.

I really hope that you are reading that wrong...

Edited by bridgeofweirdo

17 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

The women's team won the title today after an amazing season. If the club don't let them play at Lesser next season (assuming the men's team will still be playing at big Hampden), there will be blood. 

They are being presented with the Trophy at their last home game against Boroughmuir Thistle on the 12th May. You would imagine they will move that to the City Stadium.

wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

They are being presented with the Trophy at their last home game against Boroughmuir Thistle on the 12th May. You would imagine they will move that to the City Stadium.

wouldn't you?

One could always imagine 🤣

25 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I see from Owen Coyle Jnr's post on Linkedin that his dad has taken Chenaiyin FC to the play offs in India. Well done to Owen Snr! A celebratory (curried?) fish supper beckons I am sure

No alternative text description for this image

Had his weaknesses and blind spots, but up until February last season was the best football I’ve ever seen from a QP team. Clear he wasn’t willing to drink the Beuker Kool-Aid and that’s why he went. Wish him nothing but the very best. 

44 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I see from Owen Coyle Jnr's post on Linkedin that his dad has taken Chenaiyin FC to the play offs in India. Well done to Owen Snr! A celebratory (curried?) fish supper beckons I am sure

No alternative text description for this image

Assisted by 3 Connor Shields goals

On 13/04/2024 at 23:19, EaglesandSpiders said:

I witnessed this too and I sent an email to the club. I suggest you do the same. 

I received a reply from the safety and security manager at the club. He says that the matter was discussed and resolved during the game, with instructions given to G4S. He also mentioned ongoing planning for this section of the stadium, with adjustments being made for future games this season and the next. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

4 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

wouldn't you?

I think that’s unlikely as they have already started completely re-seeding the pitch (the company that maintains the pitch posts the odd picture on their social media)

22 hours ago, Tangled web said:

Eh?

Ok, I'll correct myself, he was playing on the right of Tizzard, not the left, which is where Wilson was.

Was referring to the 'dutch' model of a back four with a sweeper, (or latterly three at the back), had the central defender of the 5 (3) in a roaming role, with licence to get forward, create play and become an 'extra' in midfield, or even attack, which I assumed was the point in putting a ball carrying, progressive midfielder (Thomson) in central defence in CD's 3, (rather than RV's lack of trust when he played a back four).

Point I was getting at was it still seems a waste to play a [central] midfielder in defence unless you're playing them in that role.  If you just want a CB that can progress the ball forwards, (in the knowledge you've got some cover behind), then Charlie Fox, I'd argue, is your man.

Alternatively, (most likely), I've read far too much 'Inverting the Pyramid'.  

On 14/04/2024 at 09:59, Zanetti said:

Just for clarity, I'm not advocating that he's anything other than genuinely injured and am more than aware he's put a hell of a  shift in over the course of the season.  He's our best player by far, (especially given the continued absence of Grant Savoury).

I do hope that the club don't repeat the mistakes of last summer, (by replacing experience with more youth) and try to cash in on him now and/or that CD can convince him to stay; given how this year has gone, I'm sure that someone of his talent and profile doesn't fancy another relegation battle at the bottom of the Championship next year.  I'm sure he wouldn't be short of offers.

Either way I shall get back in my box forthwith.

Edited by Spider1975

I don't have any problem with the lack of injury news. An opposing team is probably going to set up differently if Thomas is playing.  Leave them guessing.

We will struggle if he's not going to be fit.