Broxburn Athletic

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Considering Broxburn have at least 3 BAME players in their squad if someone uttered these remarks they should be banned forthwith from Albyn Park, the stupid racists. 

100%

I was at the game, but away from most of the support as usual, so didn't hear anything. If this is true(and no reason not to believe it) then I hope the club can identify them and get them banned.

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Beith aren't licensed (to my knowledge) so unlikely you'll play them in the playoff.

But Talbot & Clydebank are.

Thank goodness for Bob Watt! His save at end of the first half and 2 or 3 others in 2nd have earned us that point today. 

No doubt we are making sealing this title as difficult as we can, but edging closer to making it official!

Jeanfield today were far better in the first half and we were fortunate they only scored the one. 2nd half was more even, but we were a little fortunate with the huge deflection for our equaliser. 

Thought you might like to know, you will find out your SOS play off opponents next Wednesday 8th May. When the leagues top two face off in a winner takes all finale.

The game takes place at Castle Cary Park in Creetown just off the A75.

The winner between Dalbeattie Star and Creetown FC will be SOS League Champions for season 2023/24.

23 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Thought you might like to know, you will find out your SOS play off opponents next Wednesday 8th May. When the leagues top two face off in a winner takes all finale.

The game takes place at Castle Cary Park in Creetown just off the A75.

The winner between Dalbeattie Star and Creetown FC will be SOS League Champions for season 2023/24.

Ahhhh I've been looking out for when this fixture might be announced. Fancy trying to get down to this one... it's the way league seasons should climax!

3 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Ahhhh I've been looking out for when this fixture might be announced. Fancy trying to get down to this one... it's the way league seasons should climax!

I'll post more match details and directions to Creetown. All there is so far is a 1930hrs kick off. 

Creetown is a small local club best they have ever finished is 2nd twice.

Star are looking for their 12th SOS title.

Will probably put up a new topic in South Forum after weekend games.

4 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'll post more match details and directions to Creetown. All there is so far is a 1930hrs kick off. 

Creetown is a small local club best they have ever finished is 2nd twice.

Star are looking for their 12th SOS title.

Will probably put up a new topic in South Forum after weekend games.

Directions may be handy!! I'll likely have to slink away from work a bit cheekily early for it

Of course... we've no actually won our league quite yet! Just about limping to that finishing line, but lets no quite yet get carried away and jinx it!

Congratulations to everyone. It's been a rollercoaster of a season. At last a bit of cheer. 

But let's keep an eye on the prize, we keep going until we are in the lowland league. And hopefully that means building our confidence in our last 2 games by not putting out weakened teams, then we can be properly prepared for Creetown or Dalbeattie. They will be playing more meaningful games in their preparation for us

On 29/04/2024 at 12:35, Jordi1977 said:

Both very welcoming clubs though Creetown should they win the league have more of a flat one sided with no vantage points ground. 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Both very welcoming clubs though Creetown should they win the league have more of a flat one sided with no vantage points ground. 

It can be a struggle at Castle Cary to get a decent view if there is a decent sized crowd. 

Islecroft is an excellent ground to watch a game of football.

But, both places are very welcoming.

Once your opponents are confirmed will be happy to answer all questions forthcoming.

Congratulations to everyone at Broxburn. 

I’ll be cheering you on in the playoffs and then hopefully you can make a real impact in the Lowland League.

Congrats guys! I was at the Scottish Cup tie against Deveronvale in October there. I spoke to several of your fans; they were great craic and a credit to your club. For that reason, I wish Broxburn the best of luck for the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, albynpark said:

Congratulations to everyone. It's been a rollercoaster of a season. At last a bit of cheer. 

But let's keep an eye on the prize, we keep going until we are in the lowland league. And hopefully that means building our confidence in our last 2 games by not putting out weakened teams, then we can be properly prepared for Creetown or Dalbeattie. They will be playing more meaningful games in their preparation for us

At one stage it almost felt like we'd never get there. 

Saturday's game might be odd, in league terms neither have anything to play for. Hopefully week after, Crossgates are still fighting for safety to add a competitive edge to that game and get us ready for the playoffs.