The Queen of the South thread

30 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Billy does what he wants .There maybe a board .But one man makes the decisions .

He may be the Chairman but surely the main shareholder Davie Rae and other board members should have a say... 

I can’t for one minute believe they don't have someone lined up, even our board wouldn't be that stupid to go into play offs without some sort of leader. Half expecting magic will be installed today.

I'm assuming it'll be Dobbie for the playoffs, then see what happens.

Those asking if he'd stay if/when we get relegated, I wouldn't want him to and he shouldn't be expected to.  I'd have no issues if he walked away and I'd like to think the club wouldn't either,  Stephen Dobbie should not be playing league 1 or championship for that matter.

Edited by MONKMAN

I've tended to back the Board and the Manager over recent times but yesterday's performance is the worst that I've seen in over 60 years watching Queens. Okay I need a 200 mile round trip to get to home games so I don't see every game, but that yesterday was an absolute shocker. Not for one minute did I think the Manager's contract would be extended for another year but to sack him, with all the upheaval and uncertainty that brings to the playing staff, must be one of the worst decisions the Board could make. How the hell is that going to motivate the playing squad three days before another must win game? Even worse to let him go to end of season presentations, if that is indeed the case, and before that do a very frank and honest interview with Sandra. 

Never thought our board would take a leaf out of the Berwick Rangers idea of sacking a manager just before a playoff campaign......

if it works it’s a master stroke if not it goes down as one of the biggest mistakes in the clubs history.

1 minute ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

Has Ellis also left the club ?

Naysmith should have been sacked in Feb then we would but t be in this terrible position but to get rid of him now is madness surely at least give him the playoffs to try and put things right There has been no mention  of .Ellis leaving  surely he will manage the team through the playoffs if we somehow win the playoffs and that is a big if then Ellis will get offered the job full time .

42 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Not for one minute did I think the Manager's contract would be extended for another year but to sack him, with all the upheaval and uncertainty that brings to the playing staff, must be one of the worst decisions the Board could make. How the hell is that going to motivate the playing squad three days before another must win game? Even worse to let him go to end of season presentations, if that is indeed the case, and before that do a very frank and honest interview with Sandra. 

In his interview, he certainly gives no indication that he can see what's coming.  He was clearly gearing up for the Montrose games.

As for motivation, sacking him might not be the best way to go about it.  A pretty strong and recent body of evidence however, suggest keeping him might not be that motivating either.

I wouldn't have felt any more confident with GN in charge than I do right now because he'd have went to Montrose on Tuesday and played for a draw, hoping to bring it back here for a win. Whoever is in charge for them is in a pretty decent position. If he takes us through successfully he has a chance at the job and the fans will be on side. But if he fails he can just give it the "I did my best" and given the circumstances the fans won't really argue.

There is no such thing as a good time to sack a manager because generally you are sacking them because you are in the shit, which we clearly are.

The last two performances have not been those of a team pulling in the same direction and fighting for the cause.  It may well be that the players have chucked it and therefore it won't matter who is in charge.  However the responsibility for this ultimately falls on the manager and to be honest he has looked out of ideas since about February.  Watching Queens of late has been like watching the exact same game over and over, and as the saying goes "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity".

I really hope it isn't Dobbie that is put in charge, he has enough responsibility on his shoulders as the only man capable of getting us out of the shit.  I also wholeheartedly agree with Monkman.  If we end up relegated he should be freed from his contract.  He doesn't deserve the ignominy of playing in the third tier.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I really hope it isn't Dobbie that is put in charge, he has enough responsibility on his shoulders as the only man capable of getting us out of the shit.  I also wholeheartedly agree with Monkman.  If we end up relegated he should be freed from his contract.  He doesn't deserve the ignominy of playing in the third tier.

It seems nuts to advocate us releasing our best player, but I find myself agreeing too.

As a club, we owe him better than this.

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It seems nuts to advocate us releasing our best player, but I find myself agreeing too.

As a club, we owe him better than this.

Totally agree. If we can release contracted players like Baird, Kerr and Harkins on a whim and they had zero affinity with the club, we can do it for a player who actually cares.

I said after yesterday's game that he (Naysmith) shouldn't be here for the play-offs. We could put Dougie the Doonhamer in charge and he would still motivate the players better than Naysmith did.  His tactics and team selection yesterday were baffling, another example of him setting up to try and steal points.  This was a must win game, hoping to keep it tight and match Alloa's result for safety had the potential to backfire and it did spectacularly. To go from a top end play-off place to surviving automatic relegation on a narrow goal difference should have got him sacked anyway  even if we do retain our  Championship status.  He's tried to play snatch and grab in too many games and failed in most of them,  especially in the last half of the campaign, he's failed and paid the price.      

I'm both disappointed and happy with the sacking. I always felt that Naismith would turn it round and he could get out of the tail spin he was in. But sadly when it really truly mattered the worst performance of the season came in. I'm as big a happy clapper fan as you will find but there is just no defending the guy anymore. Hopefully we come through the playoffs and rebuild. A part of me doesn't want Dobbie to take charge. He has been a hero as a player and I just don't want that image tarnished trying to pull us out the shit.

What a crowd yesterday. The people of Dumfries for me massively showed their backing to the team and the team let them down. Great effort.