The Queen of the South thread

Wouldn't mind a high energy striker playing in the role Pybus is currently being used in.
(I say this sincerely as no way of criticising Pybus) This is a good shout actually. Dobbie doesn't have the legs for that role, Pybus has been fine doing it but he's been getting into decent positions and not making them count. Someone with his energy with the ability to finish would be ideal in there. Hopefully he could do both.
Brought in for a bit of competition for Fitzpatrick & East i would have thought
That was another thought but then it seems like the usual square peg in round holes. The guy maybe has played wide before in which case my point is invalid. I don't know anything about him other than what I've read online which suggests he's a CF or 'SS'.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The guy maybe has played wide before in which case my point is invalid. I don't know anything about him other than what I've read online which suggests he's a CF or 'SS'.

I looked into this also but couldn’t find anything to indicate he can or has played on the wing. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Happy to get another body in. I'm surprised it's a striker mind you. No danger Shields gets dropped just now and you have Dobbie next in line for up top you'd imagine. Possible formation change coming? Unless of course AJ plans on playing him elsewhere which would be the most likely outcome.

Or maybe thoughts for next year.

47 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I looked into this also but couldn’t find anything to indicate he can or has played on the wing. 

Literally the first two articles I found describe him as a winger

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/09/10/rangers-winger-dapo-mebude-likens-himself-to-49m-premier-league/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-starlets-serge-atakayi-dapo-11558341

29 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Never seen them articles. Good news then 👍🏼

3 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Never seen them articles. Good news then 👍🏼

I think so. I dont know whats happened to Robinson but we dont have a lot of options out wide with Shields through the middle. East is quietly effective but it would be nice to have a threat down both wings, or at least some competition for Fitzpatrick

Have to admit I was calling for AJ to be sacked just 5 or 6 weeks ago, but what a turnaround. Whatever’s changed, long may it continue. 

To be fair to AJ he played us brilliantly last game by marking Hendry out the game. That’s 100% down to the managers tactics as he highlighted our main man and set you up to ensure he was totally ineffective. We had no answer to that and were soundly beaten by your lads that day. Not surprised his head was being called for but he’s certainly learned from the first round of fixtures and changed your system to counter the other teams.

36 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

What the f**k has happened to Queens, couldn’t kick your own arse last month. A win against us (deserved) and you’re flying. You lads must now be the form team in the league after being everyone’s tip to go down and that was mostly your own fans.

Fair question SS..... maybe an almost entirely new squad finally starting to gel, the manager finally starting to get to grips with their strengths and weaknesses, the manager finally figuring out a system that suits what he's got.....? 

In the first 9 games of the season, Queens scored 10 and conceded 25. Got 4 points.
In the last 4 games, they have scored 9 and conceded 5. Got 10 points.
They have conceded less than half the number of goals per game than in the first third of the season and have scored at more than double the rate. An amazing turnaround with more or less the same personnel.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

In the first 9 games of the season, Queens scored 10 and conceded 25. Got 4 points.
In the last 4 games, they have scored 9 and conceded 5. Got 10 points.
They have conceded less than half the number of goals per game than in the first third of the season and have scored at more than double the rate. An amazing turnaround with more or less the same personnel.

Using your stats but just putting it in terms that I find easier to understand:

Average score first 9 games: 1.11 v 2.78

Average score last 4 games: 2.25 v 1.25

(Queens scores coming first)

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

13 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Harry Robinson not featured much and when he has been disapointing is he away back to Motherwell? 

He had a bad ankle injury which kept him out two months before Xmas and has a minor groin issue now. He is back at Motherwell for treatment until he is fit again. He is still on loan to us.

47 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Using your stats but just putting it in terms that I find easier to understand:

Average score first 9 games: 0.9 v 2.5

Average score last 4 games: 2.25 v 1.25

(Queens scores coming first)

The first 9 games should be: 1.11 v 2.78
Think you must have used 10 games instead of 9; and 9 goals scored instead of 10.
The second set of scores is correct.