The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Somehow we find ourselves only 3 points from play offs, albeit with other teams having games in hand. Our team is ridiculously poor, if I was on the bench and not getting a shot I’d be asking some serious questions. Great to get win but papers over cracks and nothing else

I'd love to see us at training. Purely to confirm my suspicions that McKechnie walks around with a fag in his hand telling the management to go f"ck themselves. It's the only reason I can think of that explains why he's constantly omitted from the side. I don't for a second think he warrants a weekly start but his pace is incredible and should at the very least be being utilised from the bench. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd love to see us at training. Purely to confirm my suspicions that McKechnie walks around with a fag in his hand telling the management to go f"ck themselves. It's the only reason I can think of that explains why he's constantly omitted from the side. I don't for a second think he warrants a weekly start but his pace is incredible and should at the very least be being utilised from the bench. 

Given the state of us I'm constantly gobsmacked that McKechnie doesn't get on the park.

14 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Given the state of us I'm constantly gobsmacked that McKechnie doesn't get on the park.

His performance in the second half against Airdrie is still one of the best I’ve seen against us this season. Airdrie tired in the second half but McKechnie coming on changed the came and his pace and directness was a real threat. I’ve been a bit baffled at him not getting much of a chance since then.

7 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Great to get  the win but that was 2 very poor teams.

The new manager can't be Murray we need a complete change if anything we have got worse in his 2 games in charge 

Hopefully we can add some quality in Jan. The squad just now is nowhere near good enough for the playoffs massive job for the new manager

Murray won't be in charge.... 

5 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Murray won't be in charge.... 

Hope we are close to appointing someone. We are desperate for new signing really is  crucial we get them it will make or break our season right now we are going nowhere with the squad we have .

14 hours ago, Mr November said:

His performance in the second half against Airdrie is still one of the best I’ve seen against us this season. Airdrie tired in the second half but McKechnie coming on changed the came and his pace and directness was a real threat. I’ve been a bit baffled at him not getting much of a chance since then.

Absolutely this. ^^^

Don't see a post match interview from Brian Rice from yesterday,not sure it means anything.Good look to you if he's headed your way,he'll frustrate the hell out of you.Meanwhile we should stick big Andy Graham in charge like we should have after the Ferguson debacle.

2 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Don't see a post match interview from Brian Rice from yesterday,not sure it means anything.Good look to you if he's headed your way,he'll frustrate the hell out of you.Meanwhile we should stick big Andy Graham in charge like we should have after the Ferguson debacle.

We've been flirting with relegation for about 4 or 5 seasons before finally slipping down the plughole, frustration is not a new feeling for Queens fans. He sounds a bit like Allan Johnston in his Managerial style, which is not good, but if he can get a tune out of some of the charlatans on our books he'll be in the running for Manager of the Year. 

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

See on OS former QoS Manager Frank McGarvey has passed away. Condolences to family and friends. 

Not a great manager by any stretch, but to his credit he was a passionate guy who wanted the best for the club and wasn't afraid to stand up to Harkness.  RIP.

Was he the last manager to manage a Queens team in a competitve match against Celtic?

Edited by Slipmat

22 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

“bottom half of league 2 budget” was quoted. 

18 month contract verbally agreed but hadn’t signed because of state of budget for this month and summer. 

Surely this mythical manager would have talked budgets and money etc before verbally agreeing to a job 

so I also call BS 

26 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

“bottom half of league 2 budget” was quoted. 

18 month contract verbally agreed but hadn’t signed because of state of budget for this month and summer. 

Stop talking pish

Just now, Manwithnoball said:

What a load of shite. Everyone in football knows our budget is really low.

We will still have a very decent budget for a league one club. Would suspect only Falkirk, Dunfermline and possibly Kelty have the capabilities of offering a bigger contract to a player