The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

See if it’s Murray who gets the job after all this…

AE121409-BE7A-4C20-AC4A-7F1385605A9F.png

I'm missing the point here (probably cos I'm a bit thick ...) but why does this mean Murray gets/doesn't get the job?

Just now, Otis Blue said:

I'm missing the point here (probably cos I'm a bit thick ...) but why does this mean Murray gets/doesn't get the job?

Apologies, probably should have taken a picture of the article. It says Murray is interested in bringing him back to the club 

18 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Apologies, probably should have taken a picture of the article. It says Murray is interested in bringing him back to the club 

Cheers for the explanation.  Could mean that Murray is in a good place, but equally we're in need of strengthening the keeper position regardless of who gets the gig and its probably good sense to get Fox back in.  If we're close to making an appointment then the club may have sounded out the lead candidate(s) on this just to make sure he/they was/were OK with it.  Probably isn't so great news for young Cowie - likely means him going  back out on loan to continue improving his experience.

11 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Cheers for the explanation.  Could mean that Murray is in a good place, but equally we're in need of strengthening the keeper position regardless of who gets the gig and its probably good sense to get Fox back in.  If we're close to making an appointment then the club may have sounded out the lead candidate(s) on this just to make sure he/they was/were OK with it.  Probably isn't so great news for young Cowie - likely means him going  back out on loan to continue improving his experience.

Or better still, Currie maybe been told he's no longer guaranteed 1st choice or being loaned out or moved on. 

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our new manager had agreed to take over on an 18 month deal and then the BoD told him our budget was to be one of the worst in the entire Scottish Football Leagues and he thought better of it. 

Apparently. 

You’re forgetting WHY the budget was cut so much in the space of less than 48 hours. 
As for the Drifter guy saying it’s not a police matter, for a guy who claims to be in the know, it looks like he’s been understandably  left in the dark on this one. 

33 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

You’re forgetting WHY the budget was cut so much in the space of less than 48 hours. 
As for the Drifter guy saying it’s not a police matter, for a guy who claims to be in the know, it looks like he’s been understandably  left in the dark on this one. 

Yip. That's the only logical explanation here. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would be good to have Fox back. Not so much Murray. If it's Murray who gets it then the BoD are effectively saying they're happy floating about in League 1. 

Was Fox that good in the games he played I do not think so.

Released from Motherwell it is like he will do I suppose a slight upgrade on Currie.

3 hours ago, Kunter said:

It's like waiting for bad sex 

Jim McIntyre now available  just got sacked at Cove .

Hartley back at Cove still lives in Aberdeen more than likely .

We really need to sort out a  manager okay the board needs time but that is 2 weeks now  . 

It is unsettling for everyone and more important our squad needs sorting players in and out 

Edited by Greenacres

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Jim McIntyre now available  just got sacked at Cove .

Hartley back at Cove still lives in Aberdeen more than likely .

We really need to sort out a  manager okay the board needs time but that is 2 weeks now  . 

It is unsettling for everyone and more important our squad needs sorting players in and out 

No one can accuse them of rushing the decision that's for sure.  

8 minutes ago, Kunter said:

No one can accuse them of rushing the decision that's for sure.  

It has never been known for them to rush a decision.

In the instance, I don’t mind, as long as they get it right. 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

... We really need to sort out a  manager okay the board needs time but that is 2 weeks now ...

Don't want to sound like a "happy clapper" but surely 2 weeks is not unreasonable for such a significant club appointment? Especially when you consider that the major Xmas/ New Year holiday fell smack in the middle of it. If the BOD announce an appointment this week then I'd suggest that they haven't been dawdling here, far from it.

27 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I am disappointed that our man in the know, hasn’t come back with another outlandish claim. 

To be fair, it was a half-arsed attempt but it did briefly pass the time. 

I'm just waiting on tenterhooks for the knock at the door from the police. Should I go on the run do you think? I didnt get any fake plastic moustache in this year's Xmas crackers 🥸

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm just waiting on tenterhooks for the knock at the door from the police. Should I go on the run do you think? 

You must be quaking in yer shoes SD ... doubt you'll get much sleep tonight ...

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm just waiting on tenterhooks for the knock at the door from the police. Should I go on the run do you think? I didnt get any fake plastic moustache in this year's Xmas crackers 🥸

If I have learned anything from watching the likes of Crimewatch in the past, it is that the police like a dawn raid. On that basis, if you set off about mid night you will have a good 5 hours on them.

Ports and airports should be also be avoided. I would suggest as far inland as possible. Wolverhampton or Walsall perhaps.

12 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

If I have learned anything from watching the likes of Crimewatch in the past, it is that the police like a dawn raid. On that basis, if you set off about mid night you will have a good 5 hours on them.

Ports and airports should be also be avoided. I would suggest as far inland as possible. Wolverhampton or Walsall perhaps.

Ach I was there last week. Could have got a week's start! Anyway, not going anywhere till this darts is finished.

I see Cove have punted Jim McIntyre (apologies if previously discussed). Should we be afraid or interested? His win % from his tenure with QoS was 46.3% (according to Wikipedia) which isn't awful, but I can't recall if the standard of play was deemed entertaining?