The Queen of the South thread

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye Bartley said in his interview it would be Murray tonight and him in the stand. I'm sure he spoke to the players beforehand mind you. 

The real stuff starts on Saturday :)

Good win all over the place to start with but as the game went on we got stronger Connelly and Reilly making a difference when they came on.  We deserved the win  but big worry is the injury to Wilson he limped off hopefully just a impact injury had a ice pack on it.

Bartley was in the stand plenty for him to think about .

11 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Good win all over the place to start with but as the game went on we got stronger Connelly and Reilly making a difference when they came on.  We deserved the win  but big worry is the injury to Wilson he limped off hopefully just a impact injury had a ice pack on it.

Bartley was in the stand plenty for him to think about .

Dead leg I hear 

Bartley watched from the directors box, seemed to be taking lots of notes first half, headed to dressing room for half time team talk, then was certainly more vocal from the directors box second half. Certainly think he wil get effort from the players. Seemed very focused on the job. 

8 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Where is Bartley's interview please? Haven't been able to find it.

Maybe Livi's website/YouTube. They briefly asked him about Tuesday and he said he'd be in the stands. 

10 hours ago, Greenacres said:

We deserved the win  

Did we? Not so sure about that. Could and should have been well out of it after 15 minutes and only a few half hearted efforts from us in that first half. We had slightly the better of the early period in the second half though but playing Ruth in what looked to be a lone striker role didn't produce much. The subs made all the difference, we got players further up the park and upped the tempo, should have had at least couple of goals too. I'd say a draw was fair after the 90+ minutes. 

Bartley comes across well , first impressions are positive. Heavily emphasises the need for consistency and effort - something we are well aware has been largely missing thus far. Clearly knows where improvements are required. Here’s hoping this appointment is the one to get the best out of this (mostly) capable squad. 

16 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Bartley comes across well , first impressions are positive. Heavily emphasises the need for consistency and effort - something we are well aware has been largely missing thus far. Clearly knows where improvements are required. Here’s hoping this appointment is the one to get the best out of this (mostly) capable squad. 

I'll reserve judgement for a few games. AJ and then WG said they were aware that more consistency and effort was needed and that improvements are required and yet we went backwards. Let's wait and see what Bartley does with this lot and what better players,  if any, he brings in. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'll reserve judgement for a few games. AJ and then WG said they were aware that more consistency and effort was needed and that improvements are required and yet we went backwards. Let's wait and see what Bartley does with this lot and what better players,  if any, he brings in. 

Completely recognise the need to temper enthusiasm, I’m just hoping this appointment makes real what Bartleys wanting from the team.  Fingers crossed.

Marvin comes across well and appears a good communicator - as you would expect given his appearances on the media.  That in itself is a plus point, I always got the impression (from his interviews) that AJ was just a moaner and couldn't really motivate the squad.  Everything Marvin says on the interview is pretty well what you would expect him to say in response to those questions and that's fine, but as others have said its what happens on the park now that will count.  The first couple of games may well have that positive "new manager bounce", however its the next half dozen games that will start to show his mettle.

Hopefully his contacts will help him to get a couple of decent key loans in this month.

38 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Marvin comes across well and appears a good communicator - as you would expect given his appearances on the media.  That in itself is a plus point, I always got the impression (from his interviews) that AJ was just a moaner and couldn't really motivate the squad.  Everything Marvin says on the interview is pretty well what you would expect him to say in response to those questions and that's fine, but as others have said its what happens on the park now that will count.  The first couple of games may well have that positive "new manager bounce", however its the next half dozen games that will start to show his mettle.

Hopefully his contacts will help him to get a couple of decent key loans in this month.

Think the weekend break after Montrose gives him a huge opportunity to get his message across and drummed into players