The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Hes not tall and dosen't  really win much  in the air.The ball on the deck is his thing pulling strings.

Bartley must rate him but lots of punters won't then!

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Hes not tall and dosen't  really win much  in the air.The ball on the deck is his thing pulling strings.

What's your take on him then?  Was he a "must start" for you last season?  Does he look like a player in the making?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interested to see how Ferguson gets on. Think if he'd had his bulk up in the Summer he'd be in our first team, but hes still a bit slight for the top flight. This feels like the perfect next step for him though to see what level he actually at.

If he's another Max Kucheriavyi then he'll do for me.

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

If he's another Max Kucheriavyi then he'll do for me.

Different type, i think.

Max seems more like a playmaker, and for us seems a bit "safe". Happier just keeping possession than anything.

Ferguson more direct with his running/passing. Lost the ball a lot for us against Stirling but it was all taking people on and trying passes.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Different type, i think.

Max seems more like a playmaker, and for us seems a bit "safe". Happier just keeping possession than anything.

Ferguson more direct with his running/passing. Lost the ball a lot for us against Stirling but it was all taking people on and trying passes.

Surprised at that, thought Max looked really decent when I seen him at Falkirk last season.

Like the feedback on Ferguson - if he turns out to be a Kane, Kerr, Clark, Weatherston or even 10% of a Dobbie then that'll do for me.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

What's your take on him then?  Was he a "must start" for you last season?  Does he look like a player in the making?

I've said elsewhere he was probably 1st name on team sheet and our best loane since Jason Kerr. He won 4 player of the year awards including Players player of the year.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Different type, i think.

Sounds like a direct replacement for Iain Wilson, tbh. 

Iain Wilson never gave less than 100% when playing for us and made a significant contribution when available.  Unfair criticism in my opinion.  |t is not his fault that he is injury prone - as the record shows.  It seems to me that the Manager was concerned about his fitness from the off , which is understandable.  For those that don't realise there is as much 'spin' in Football as there is in Politics.

51 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Iain Wilson never gave less than 100% when playing for us and made a significant contribution when available.  Unfair criticism in my opinion.  |t is not his fault that he is injury prone - as the record shows.  It seems to me that the Manager was concerned about his fitness from the off , which is understandable.  For those that don't realise there is as much 'spin' in Football as there is in Politics.

I don't think anyone has criticised his performances when he managed to play, apart from a game at ch when he was poor. His style of play has the potential to lead to injuries, he maybe suffered more than others and he seemed to be taking longer to recover, it's just strange that when a club want him on loan that he appears closer to fitness than expected. According to Bartley, Wilson made it clear in pre-season that he didn't want another season in League 1, not exactly the attitude you want from a player you ar going to rely heavily on. Good luck to him anyway, a pity that this spell here turned out to be so disappointing for both parties. 

39 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to Bartley, Wilson made it clear in pre-season that he didn't want another season in League 1, not exactly the attitude you want from a player you ar going to rely heavily on. Good luck to him anyway, a pity that this spell here turned out to be so disappointing for both parties. 

As I said , there is much spin in Football. 

21 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hard to say, they were all queuing at the pie stall apparently. 

They fucking love a pie.  

I think one of them keeps stats on the time taken to be served. Sadly we didn’t come out well in that. Oh, well, better luck for us next time. 

Good win against Annan made very hard work of it but got the job done .

Ferguson looked decent on the ball but he is another ball playing midfielder nothing like a Wilson type that we need .

Think I have mentioned this but we are desperate for height  experience and aggression right through the team.

Away from that hope Brydon is close to fitness was at least hoping he was on the bench today .