The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Do we have any centre halves for Falkirk match with suspensions and loan spells coming to an end?

McLelland suspension is for the Annan game and he is a season long loan. Presumably Hibs could recall him in january  but not sure that's likely.

McKay can obviously play there but he's much more effective in midfield. Never been impressed by him as a centre back.

Not sure when Ambrose contract ends ( official site just says January). Presumably we could extend his deal.

Not sure how close to a return Brydon is.

Surprised McLelland hasn't had more suspensions, he's been lucky a couple of times not to get a second booking in games. He's young and a bit reckless at times but he doesn't hide his passion, he just needs to be a bit more thoughtful and composed if he's already on a booking. Some of the fouls he gives away are just plain stupid. 

Marvin is looking to add to the squad for me we need a Iain Wilson type in midfield to start with .

I would give Efe a deal till the end of the season .

Hope we don't go down the route again of a young player in on loan we really need experience .

We really could do to get a few players out but that is very difficult to do.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Marvin is looking to add to the squad for me we need a Iain Wilson type in midfield to start with .

I would give Efe a deal till the end of the season .

Hope we don't go down the route again of a young player in on loan we really need experience .

We really could do to get a few players out but that is very difficult to do.

Exactly,  why don't we just recall him, I would?

36 minutes ago, bod said:

Exactly,  why don't we just recall him, I would?

Think both Wilson and Bartley should swallow a bit of pride and get it sorted. But if Wilson is getting game time at a better level I can't see him being all that bothered about coming back. Which is particularly sad for us given that game was screaming out for him, particularly after Church went off. 

I doubt we'll see him again unfortunately. 

It looks as though the previous threat of second bottom and the frightening prospect of a Relegation Play Off has receded dramatically. It is not an impossibility but we have a reasonable cushion. This will probably make the Manager’s position safe until the end of the season as I think that it was only the threat of the relegation trap door that would have prompted a “severance payout” and the appointment of a new incumbent. 

It would be pleasing to think that we could mount a serious challenge for 4th but unless there are some positive “INS AND OUTS” I can’t see how this squad can reinvent itself under MB. 

3/4 really good signings would certainly make a huge difference but to achieve that we probably have to move a few under-performers on to pastures new. No easy task. Hope we keep Efe - that we would be a step in the right direction.

Just noticed that McKechnie, Ferguson & Connelly are all only 2 yellows away from a one match suspension.  Wouldn't it be typical if, just as we start to get injured players back, somebody else has to sit a match out.

44 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

I hard Efe will be heading to Cove.

Wouldn't surprise me, any player given the opportunity would look to get away from this manager and the probability of being thrown under the bus!

1 hour ago, bod said:

Wouldn't surprise me, any player given the opportunity would look to get away from this manager and the probability of being thrown under the bus!

Me neither.  I think Efe will be aware that he wasn't really on Bartley's radar until Brydon's injury / McClelland's first suspension left him with one centre back, and was pretty much a stopgap panic-signing. 

I'm all for managers being critical of players in interviews if they think it is the kick up the arse that they need, but in the car-crash post-Kelty interview Bartley was brutally OTT in his castigation of Ambrose in comparison to other team members.  I seem to recall him being much more lenient with McClelland who was equally culpable in his role in the concession of one of the other goals that day.  If Efe has decided to leave, that is probably the minute his mind was made up that he would see out his contract before seeking pastures new.

Edited by Slipmat