The Queen of the South thread

Keeper Harry Stone's loan extended til end of season which is good but it would be good to get Efe on board again, or at least get an update on the injury situation regarding other players. 

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

He doesn't usually, but I think Bartley gave an update, of sorts, on the injury situation when asked by Sandra in the latest interview after the Annan game.

I must confess I hardly ever listen to the after match interviews but maybe that seems to be the best, or only place, to get updates or information seeing as very little appears regularly on the Official Site. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

On 03/01/2024 at 16:47, bod said:

Any news on Efe extending his stay until the end of the season or any newcomers? Ko is less than 72 hrs away and we need all relevant paperwork signed up and posted! 😋

It's only a matter of time before we field an ineligible player given how the club is being run.

@Skyline Drifter

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Keeper Harry Stone's loan extended til end of season which is good but it would be good to get Efe on board again, or at least get an update on the injury situation regarding other players. 

Would be good if we see some other players being offered contract extensions too so that we don't end up with yet another summer wondering "will he/won't he sign" situation and another huge rebuilding task.  I'm thinking about Gibson in particular, Mimnaugh and Connelly, and possibly Reilly who, despite my previous misgivings about him, I have to admit has really come back onto his game this season after several in the wilderness of meh.  It would be tragic to lose Gibson for nothing.

At the moment we have 6 players whose contracts run beyond the summer.  Brydon, Cochrane and Church are three players I'd want to be here anyway, not sure how wise it was to hand out 2 year deals to Doherty, McKechnie and Hutchinson though.

45 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

how many fans will queens bring to paisley for the cup game? always used to bring no a bad support in the past 

I’d guess 3-400 with it being the big cup.  Crowds have obviously dropped a lot since we last met.

50 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

how many fans will queens bring to paisley for the cup game? always used to bring no a bad support in the past 

I’d guess 350-400

10 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

The club's been on a downward slump for the past 5 seasons or so and after a 20 year mostly championship spell we've now "achieved" a lower mid-table spot in the third tier, so changed days.  This has probably knocked around 6-800 off the home support.  That said, we usually take a few more to big cup ties and there's a fairly sizeable number of ex-Dumfries folk settled (plus students) in the Glasgow area so we should have a decent support in Paisley.  I'm still expecting a drubbing though.

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Efe signs on until end of the season

Fans of other clubs will have a right chuckle, but given the state of our back line at the moment that's actually a big relief ...

Where was it announced? ... Don't see it on the OS ...

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Efe signs on until end of the season

Good news to get Stone and now Efe signed .

Now the difficult part of trying to add quality to the squad for a push for the the playoffs .

If we had a full squad I wouldn't be too arsed but given our injury troubles it's good to get him back. Guessing the imaginary move to Cove fell through. 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If we had a full squad I wouldn't be too arsed but given our injury troubles it's good to get him back. Guessing the imaginary move to Cove fell through. 

Cove move always seemed strange considering he stays 10mins for where we train. 

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Fans of other clubs will have a right chuckle, but given the state of our back line at the moment that's actually a big relief ...

Where was it announced? ... Don't see it on the OS ...

Mom. Performance against Annan last week. Experience on and off the park key with a young squad. 

Hopefully we get to see the ex Nigerian international do another somersault before the end of the season.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

58 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Mom. Performance against Annan last week. Experience on and off the park key with a young squad. 

Hopefully we get to see the ex Nigerian international do another sommersault before the end of the season.. 

That somersault has been the highlight of the season thus far. 

12 minutes ago, bod said:

Time to recall Wilson from Morton.

Can't see it unfortunately but would have been ideal to get him back. Two stubborn men colliding I reckon. 

IMG-20240104-WA0000.jpg

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't see it unfortunately but would have been ideal to get him back. Two stubborn men colliding I reckon. 

IMG-20240104-WA0000.jpg

Has he remained free of injury with Morton? We were lucky to get five or six games on the spin out of him.