The Queen of the South thread

7 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

I’m sorry but that’s not controversial…..it’s just nonsensical!  😂

For example what would a team that required a bigger capacity do if their current location had no scope for expansion?

Not really applicable in our case!  🤣

In fact the way we are going if Palmerston were to crumble and we couldn't get a safety certificate (probably not as ridiculous as it first sounds judging by the condition of the main stand) we could probably play our home games at KGV and have still plenty of capacity to spare in the home fans section.

If only we had a chairman with some knowledge of the building trade...

17 hours ago, 84yards said:

Also good luck to the Queens Under 18s tonight in the quarters of the Scottish Youth Cup versus Dundee Utd at Palmerston.

https://www.qosfc.com/news-6300

Unfortunately outclassed by a good Dundee United side. They steadied the ship at half time after going 4-0 down with less than 30 minutes played. 
Final score 5-0 Dundee United. 

Good away win today, Thankfully luck was on our side when the Cove goal was disallowed for offside, didn't look like it... Our defenders need to either not jump or get someone to lye behind the wall as the Cove freekick went right underneath them... 🤦‍♂️ 

22 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Good away win today, Thankfully luck was on our side when the Cove goal was disallowed for offside, didn't look like it... Our defenders need to either not jump or get someone to lye behind the wall as the Cove freekick went right underneath them... 🤦‍♂️ 

How often do you actually see that though? I can't remember the last time I saw a free kick go under the wall.

A really good result yesterday - the type we're needing to replicate more frequently in what remains of the season.

An interesting theory from Sandra Brown in Bartley's interview though.  In looking ahead to Hamilton next week, she says we "seem to do better against teams above".  I don't think she can be that avid a follower of Artemis' work on here.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A really good result yesterday - the type we're needing to replicate more frequently in what remains of the season.

An interesting theory from Sandra Brown in Bartley's interview though.  In looking ahead to Hamilton next week, she says we "seem to do better against teams above".  I don't think she can be that avid a follower of Artemis' work on here.

Can't really speak for Sandra but I suspect her viewpoint might have been something like ... "seem to do better against = don't get absolutely battered by (and not necessarily draw or win)".  That said, the away game debacle at Accies crushes that particular argument!

59 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Can't really speak for Sandra but I suspect her viewpoint might have been something like ... "seem to do better against = don't get absolutely battered by (and not necessarily draw or win)".  That said, the away game debacle at Accies crushes that particular argument!

That 5-0 game though was one of those 1 off games. We played the best we have all season in that game and QOTS probably played the worst they have all season on that day. I'm expecting a completely different outcome next week as Rankin has completely lost our fans and players and Bartley is starting to turn it around and will have his players up for revenge after what happened last time. I'm expecting a QOTS win next week tbh or at least you will pick up a point. 

17 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

That 5-0 game though was one of those 1 off games. We played the best we have all season in that game and QOTS probably played the worst they have all season on that day. I'm expecting a completely different outcome next week as Rankin has completely lost our fans and players and Bartley is starting to turn it around and will have his players up for revenge after what happened last time. I'm expecting a QOTS win next week tbh or at least you will pick up a point. 

:lol:

I have slightly more optimism for the remainder of the season if we can keep the 3 CBs fit and available. By that I mean we might scrape a distant fourth place which would at least give us all something to hope for !!!
Our wing backs are weak - Logan, Church, McIntyre have a lot to prove and Gibson is wasted in that role. If we can get Cochrane, Todd and Reilly back fully fit it gives us options further forward. I am not a fan of McKechnie so his recent exclusion is ok with me.

Fifth place is flattering us because we have played more games. If we are to get 4th we need to start consistently beating our mid table rivals which we haven’t been able to do up until now. Hopefully a tight defence can be the platform for a decent run in?

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Training has to be as intense as a match no good just running about passing the ball to each other .

Other clubs  players lget injured in training it is just bad luck good example Is Reilly has a broken finger just   the ball hitting him the wrong way .

Away from that we really need movement in the squad this week could really do with Irving Hutchinson and Walker all out on loan then try and bring  in that bit of quality to push us towards the playoffs.

I can't really  see anything happening as we will struggle to get players out.. 

I agree with everything you say in this post. Too much forward deadwood just now and we need more creativity and goals if we are to challenge for 4th

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

I agree with everything you say in this post. Too much forward deadwood just now and we need more creativity and goals if we are to challenge for 4th

Have to hope Marv agrees with us but who will take our deadwood heard even Gretna would not take Irving on loan .

Have to hope Marv can get at least one in but not a boy to add numbers.

We need a experienced player to inprove the squad 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Have to hope Marv agrees with us but who will take our deadwood heard even Gretna would not take Irving on loan .

I think Gretna lost interest in Irving after they signed Dan Carmichael.

27 minutes ago, 84yards said:

Hutchinson punted back down the road. Loaned to Eastbourne!

Does this mean we are in the market for another striker..........

Depends whether Eastbourne are paying his salary I'd imagine, or how much of it they are paying ... plus he'll possibly be back in the summer ...

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Depends whether Eastbourne are paying his salary I'd imagine, or how much of it they are paying ... plus he'll possibly be back in the summer ...

I'd imagine they are paying some of it. Much like Gretna pay some of Jay Burns...

Can't say I'm sad to see him go. Kind of hoping he hits the ground running and bangs in a load of goals. Enough to make Eastbourne want him next season. In the guy's defence he's clearly playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Makes you wonder if MB actually did his homework before signing him. 

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hopefully it works as well as Reilly going out on loan this time last year. I think there’s a player there in Hutchinson. 

He has some nice touches but he looks a mile off the pace. Who knows, perhaps after a whole pre-season we will see a different player

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd imagine they are paying some of it. Much like Gretna pay some of Jay Burns...

Can't say I'm sad to see him go. Kind of hoping he hits the ground running and bangs in a load of goals. Enough to make Eastbourne want him next season. In the guy's defence he's clearly playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Makes you wonder if MB actually did his homework before signing him. 

This ^^^^

17 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hopefully it works as well as Reilly going out on loan this time last year. I think there’s a player there in Hutchinson. 

Sadly I don't see that happening, it's no secret I've not seen anything in the guy from the start. In his defence moving up here, with very little game time will have shattered what little confidence he had. Not to mention the booing.

Good luck to him for the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

He has some nice touches but he looks a mile off the pace. Who knows, perhaps after a whole pre-season we will see a different player

Has a very good touch but looked very slow. I didn’t get the bile directed towards him. Hope he comes back stronger and gives us money to get someone else in.