The Queen of the South thread

The problem we have with the likes of talent like Gibson and Connelly is that they are both probably totally brassed off with Bartley's antics last season and may feel they have had enough with the club.  The challenge for Murphy (in addition to the salaries they seek) will be to reassure them that there will be no repeat of that carry on next season and that they can't blame the club for all that transpired last season.  Murphy's probably got a job on his hands there.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

We seem to have this discussion every single year. As you say, their contracts are up. We haven't "released" anyone. 

When your contract is ending  you either get offered a new one or get released like Houston and McKay .

Most clubs give a squad update on who is under contract .

who has been released (end of contract) and who has been offered and is in discussion on a new deal .

8 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

The problem we have with the likes of talent like Gibson and Connelly is that they are both probably totally brassed off with Bartley's antics last season and may feel they have had enough with the club.  The challenge for Murphy (in addition to the salaries they seek) will be to reassure them that there will be no repeat of that carry on next season and that they can't blame the club for all that transpired last season.  Murphy's probably got a job on his hands there.

Connelly wants to stay.

6 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Wullie Gibson announced as Annan manager also. Our meetings with them next season should be a bit more feisty. 

I really don't have any ill feeling towards Gibson. It was a shite way for him to depart but overall he was a great player for us. I think Murphy could get it tighter from Annan fans. Probably good that the Annan dugouts are away from the stands. 

6 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

If you think that's bad, wait till people start talking about players resigning (sic).

Someone did it on the Clyde thread. I managed to scroll past it...

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

Good.. nae dig about him, floats in and out of games he can be bothered playing in.

He wants a fresh start. No manager has played him in his proper position on a constant basis. Bartley was a d--k with him.

1 minute ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well we will see

Just to be clear, I expect him to move on as he will go wherever offers him a better wage. All I am saying is I have heard he likes it at Queens and wouldn’t be against staying next season.

8 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

He wants a fresh start. No manager has played him in his proper position on a constant basis. Bartley was a d--k with him.

Hopefully Queens can bring in a new manager after Bartley then...

Gibson was more of a dick with Connelly than Bartley was I reckon.  Don't forget the "Lee'sMumGate" episode and what led up to it.  I reckon Connelly must be a bit of a manager's nightmare tbh, but from a fan's point of view I'd welcome him back.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I really don't have any ill feeling towards Gibson. It was a shite way for him to depart but overall he was a great player for us. I think Murphy could get it tighter from Annan fans. Probably good that the Annan dugouts are away from the stands. 

Probably was time for change.

Murphy did a good job for us but now new opportunities and Wullie has certainly more to prove against Queens than Murphy has to Annan.

Cannae wait for the fixtures & first Derby game.