The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

The problem we have with the likes of talent like Gibson and Connelly is that they are both probably totally brassed off with Bartley's antics last season and may feel they have had enough with the club.  The challenge for Murphy (in addition to the salaries they seek) will be to reassure them that there will be no repeat of that carry on next season and that they can't blame the club for all that transpired last season.  Murphy's probably got a job on his hands there.

The problem Murphy has is that other managers would have been "tapping" up players a month or so ago.

We are where we are and I'm thankful we now have manager who seems as though he's capable of managing a squad and getting the most out of them, but he certainly seems to have been dealt quite a short hand, although he’ll have been told that.

So credit to him for taking the job and expectations on, he must have a lot of self-confidence, but he’s certainly had to start on the back foot.

12 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Wullie Gibson announced as Annan manager also. Our meetings with them next season should be a bit more feisty. 

As they were this. We can only hope Wullie manages and doesn't play!

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

Been a long time since we saw you on a Queens thread. 

Back for a bit of glory hunting now we have a new manager? 

Go back to my posts when bartley first started as manager. He was a fraud and I mentioned it at the time. Never had any interest when he was in charge. I like the fact Murphy has started with a clean slate got rid of Murray and Marshall also. Mckay and Houston first of many to leave. Think he will sign some experience and some players with heart and fight.

54 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Go back to my posts when bartley first started as manager. He was a fraud and I mentioned it at the time. Never had any interest when he was in charge. I like the fact Murphy has started with a clean slate got rid of Murray and Marshall also. Mckay and Houston first of many to leave. Think he will sign some experience and some players with heart and fight.

So, if a manager comes in you don't rate, you simply lose interest in the club completely? 

Does the same apply to players, if one comes in you don't like, or your favourite leaves? 

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Like hundreds of others who lost interest in the way the club is being run. Hopefully the change all round will improve us. 

Us? I'm not sure your us is our us. 

Anyway, isn't your season still going? Enjoy Stair park tomorrow 

3 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

So, if a manager comes in you don't rate, you simply lose interest in the club completely? 

Does the same apply to players, if one comes in you don't like, or your favourite leaves? 

Sign David Goodwillie and find out imo.

14 hours ago, bod said:

The problem Murphy has is that other managers would have been "tapping" up players a month or so ago.

We are where we are and I'm thankful we now have manager who seems as though he's capable of managing a squad and getting the most out of them, but he certainly seems to have been dealt quite a short hand, although he’ll have been told that.

So credit to him for taking the job and expectations on, he must have a lot of self-confidence, but he’s certainly had to start on the back foot.

I just hope we have some new board members joining who will be happy to put a little investment in to get the quality we need because If we are having a budget cut, reduction in playing staff to 20 of which includes young players who by the sounds of it aren't ready yet then it could be a very long season (again).

With our season now concluded and the new manager in place, Peter Murphy and Dan Armstrong have begun work ahead of next season already.

We can confirm that Assistant Manager Grant Murray, Goalkeeper Coach Gordon Marshall, and Sports Scientist Alex Webb will all leave the club at the end of the month when their contracts expire. We would like to thank them all for their efforts and wish them well for the future. We will update on new appointments to Peter’s management staff when we are able.

We would like to thank all of the players who have represented the club this season. The following players remain contracted to the club for a further year:

Jack Brydon
Daniel Church
Harry Cochrane
Kyle Doherty
Jake Hutchinson
Kieran McKechnie

We have held talks with a number of the other players which are still ongoing and in their early stages. When there is any further news on re-signings, we will provide an update.

We would like to pass on our best wishes for the future to the following players whose contracts are expiring and will be leaving the club.

Efe Ambrose
Gordon Botterill
Cammy Logan
Harvey Walker

In addition, the following players have already agreed terms elsewhere following the expiry of their contracts. We wish them well also.

Gavin Reilly (Arbroath)
Jordan Houston (Clyde)
Paul McKay (Clyde)

We would also like to thank our loan players for their efforts over the course of the season and wish them every success for the future. We also thank their parent clubs for their assistance.

Harry Stone (Heart of Midlothian)
Kyle McClelland (Hibernian)
Alex Ferguson (St Johnstone)
Joel Mumbongo (Hamilton Academical)
Max Kilsby (Carlisle United)
Oscar MacIntyre (Hibernian)
Murray Johnson (Hibernian)

Finally, we would also like to thank the following young players who have decided to leave the club to pursue their futures in education and employment:
Jay Burns has accepted a place at Stirling University to study Sports Science.
Finlay Kennedy has accepted an apprenticeship locally to become a quantity surveyor.
Both players gave their all for their club in their time with us and we hope they look back on it with fond memories. We wish them every luck in their future careers.

FROM OS

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

With our season now concluded and the new manager in place, Peter Murphy and Dan Armstrong have begun work ahead of next season already.

We can confirm that Assistant Manager Grant Murray, Goalkeeper Coach Gordon Marshall, and Sports Scientist Alex Webb will all leave the club at the end of the month when their contracts expire. We would like to thank them all for their efforts and wish them well for the future. We will update on new appointments to Peter’s management staff when we are able.

We would like to thank all of the players who have represented the club this season. The following players remain contracted to the club for a further year:

Jack Brydon
Daniel Church
Harry Cochrane
Kyle Doherty
Jake Hutchinson
Kieran McKechnie

We have held talks with a number of the other players which are still ongoing and in their early stages. When there is any further news on re-signings, we will provide an update.

We would like to pass on our best wishes for the future to the following players whose contracts are expiring and will be leaving the club.

Efe Ambrose
Gordon Botterill
Cammy Logan
Harvey Walker

In addition, the following players have already agreed terms elsewhere following the expiry of their contracts. We wish them well also.

Gavin Reilly (Arbroath)
Jordan Houston (Clyde)
Paul McKay (Clyde)

We would also like to thank our loan players for their efforts over the course of the season and wish them every success for the future. We also thank their parent clubs for their assistance.

Finally, we would also like to thank the following young players who have decided to leave the club to pursue their futures in education and employment:
Finlay Kennedy has accepted an apprenticeship locally to become a quantity surveyor.
Both players gave their all for their club in their time with us and we hope they look back on it with fond memories. We wish them every luck in their future careers.

FROM OS

Another good update from the club and as expected a major rebuild of the squad for next season.

Nice to get that update on the OS.  In terms of the player's situations, it's pretty well what we could surmise ourselves from a review of their various contract expiry dates and those that had expiring loans.  I think the only real definite news in there is the confirmation that four of the expiring contract players are being deemed surplus to requirements/not good enough to be offered new deals - ie Ambrose, Botterill, Logan and Walker.  So the implication is that the door is not yet closed on the likes of Gibson and Connelly and that we will probably be pursuing them with new contract offers.

24 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Jack Brydon
Daniel Church
Harry Cochrane
Kyle Doherty
Jake Hutchinson
Kieran McKechnie

Efe Ambrose
Gordon Botterill
Cammy Logan
Harvey Walker

Gavin Reilly (Arbroath)
Jordan Houston (Clyde)
Paul McKay (Clyde)

FROM OS

Good update all as expected looks like we are trying to keep

Gibson Connelly Todd McGuffie Mimnaugh and Johnstone 

Posted (edited)

That's 3 going I won't lose sleep over. I'd have been happy with Botterill staying and even being our No.1. tbh. I assume that means the following have been offered contracts then.

Todd, Connelly, McGuffie, Cowie, Mimnaugh, Ross, Gibson, Johnstone, Currie

If Mimnaugh can stay fit I really want him to stay. Would be happy enough for the other first team regulars to remain as well. And obviously really hoping Gibson signs. You'd imagine the other young lads will stay as well. That'd be 15 if they all signed. So we'd need another GK and 4 more players. Though, as we've discussed I really hope the 20 squad doesn't include those youngsters or we're not going up next season. 

ETA - I really hope we're trying to negotiate Doherty's release. I'd say Hutchinson as well but guven Murphy liked to use Goss as a target man I think he might have plans for Hutchinson. 

Edited by 19QOS19

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's 3 going I won't lose sleep over. I'd have been happy with Botterill staying and even being our No.1. tbh. I assume that means the following have been offered contracts then.

Todd, Connelly, McGuffie, Cowie, Mimnaugh, Ross, Gibson, Johnstone, Currie

If Mimnaugh can stay fit I really want him to stay. Would be happy enough for the other first team regulars to remain as well. And obviously really hoping Gibson signs. You'd imagine the other young lads will stay as well. That'd be 15 if they all signed. So we'd need another GK and 4 more players. Though, as we've discussed I really hope the 20 squad doesn't include those youngsters or we're not going up next season. 

ETA - I really hope we're trying to negotiate Doherty's release. I'd say Hutchinson as well but guven Murphy liked to use Goss as a target man I think he might have plans for Hutchinson. 

I really hope the only plans  Murphy has for Hutchinson and Doherty is to work out a pay off neither will score goals we can't have any passengers when we have such a tight squad .

That is my worry and Murphy biggest problem how to we get goals in  the team.