The Queen of the South thread

Does anyone know if Queens have got anything extra planned for the last home game (champagne saturday) when the LEAGUE TROPHY and the Ramsdens cup will be presented.

Sure I read somewhere but not been heavily advertised about under 16's getting in free with s paying adult.

Hope a good crowd come along to watch and are entertained well again.

just a wee update folks.

bidding for signed shirt stands at £115. bidding finishes midnight Sunday.

also had a donation from blazerman to cover cost of shirt being signed and also a donation from someone who does not want revealed who has donated £15 towards cost of shirt.

absolutely delighted with the response which will benefit injured soldiers here at southwest scotland rnr.

thankyou everone.

rod.

How do folk think this seasons team compares with the cup final team from 2008? Difficult to compare, but think think this seasons is much stronger...could only really see macdonald, harris and dobbie being regulars in this seasons team

How do folk think this seasons team compares with the cup final team from 2008? Difficult to compare, but think think this seasons is much stronger...could only really see macdonald, harris and dobbie being regulars in this seasons team

I would say this one is stronger, we beat that wee team from Glasgow this season. :P

just a wee update folks.

bidding for signed shirt stands at £115. bidding finishes midnight Sunday.

also had a donation from blazerman to cover cost of shirt being signed and also a donation from someone who does not want revealed who has donated £15 towards cost of shirt.

absolutely delighted with the response which will benefit injured soldiers here at southwest scotland rnr.

thankyou everone.

rod.

£15 to have the shirt signed .That is a total disgrace.The person who made this decision should be sacked/removed immediately.

I know thet the club will have loads of charities and causes requesting all sorts of donations, and quite rightly cannot go about giving away merchandise .But to charge to have this shirt signed, is shocking.

£15 to have the shirt signed .That is a total disgrace.The person who made this decision should be sacked/removed immediately.

I know thet the club will have loads of charities and causes requesting all sorts of donations, and quite rightly cannot go about giving away merchandise .But to charge to have this shirt signed, is shocking.

^^^ this

Outrageous. Pathetic for the club to profit like this, worse still if any individuals have profited. Which I suspect they have.

Only a small handful of people make money out of Queens, players excepted. Looks like they're getting greedy.

Where does it say that it costs £15 to have it signed? I would be surprised if it is the case.

It doesn't say it anywhere that I can see.

I'm not sure what's meant though by Blazerman donating to cover the cost of the signing. I'd be surprised if the club charge for such things, but not sure what that bit means.

I'm not sure what's meant though by Blazerman donating to cover the cost of the signing. I'd be surprised if the club charge for such things, but not sure what that bit means.

The club did charge £15 to have it signed unfortunately.,

The club did charge £15 to have it signed unfortunately.,

Thats a disgrace to be honest, thought things were improving between the club and fans but that is a major mistake on their part (if true)

Thats a disgrace to be honest, thought things were improving between the club and fans but that is a major mistake on their part (if true)

Things like signing a shirt for a charity should be done with no questions asked imo. The club are getting the money from the actual shirt sale, charging to get signatures is ridiculous.

This >>>>>>>

Hi folks,

Anyone interested in bidding for a signed home shirt in this fantastic season?

I am fundraising in memory of my son LCpl Joe Pool killed while on duty in Afghanistan.raising funds for Southwest Scotland rnr who provide activity breaks for injured soldiers down at carsthorn.

There is a £55 reserve on the shirt as that was cost price.£40 for shirt & £15 to get it signed.

Send bids to roderickpool006@btinternet.com bidding closes on 21st April.

I am sure with admin being exservices he will concur of such a worthy cause.

Thankyou. Rod.

Can't believe they'd charge for this TBH . Shocking .

Hope you raise loads of money for the charity Rod

hi folks,

just to say the shirt bid still stands at £115 with bidding finishing tommorow at midnight.

would also like to thank topfitter for his donation another great gesture.

I also have at this moment in time a bid of £510 for jamie mcdonalds goalkeeping top with poppy on chest signed by the squad that beat hibs 5_1 in last years final with bidding finishing on the 30th april for that one.{cheers jamie}absolutely delighted to be able to help these brave men and women.

i may have lost my son but have gained so many friends with being able to help others.

thankyou.

well done south great result today.

This >>>>>>>

Hi folks,
Anyone interested in bidding for a signed home shirt in this fantastic season?
I am fundraising in memory of my son LCpl Joe Pool killed while on duty in Afghanistan.raising funds for Southwest Scotland rnr who provide activity breaks for injured soldiers down at carsthorn.
There is a £55 reserve on the shirt as that was cost price.£40 for shirt & £15 to get it signed.
Send bids to roderickpool006@btinternet.com bidding closes on 21st April.
I am sure with admin being exservices he will concur of such a worthy cause.
Thankyou. Rod.

Can't believe they'd charge for this TBH . Shocking .

Hope you raise loads of money for the charity Rod

If it's the case that the club genuinely charges money for a dozen guys to write their names as part of a charitable enterprise, words fail me.

I await someone explaining that it's not quite as appears.

I sincerely hope that Kirkyblue's theory is proved correct.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Are we past Gretna's record on goal difference now ?

Yes, we are now on +68, whereas they finished on +67. However, we've 'only' scored 89 league goals, but Gretna managed 97. Still time to rectify that, of course!