The Queen of the South thread

You seem rather upset.

lol wut

Aaw, still bitter that he turned down the galacticos to stay with Queens.

Gutted for you

I would expect all those mentioned would be in Johnston'e thoughts.

You trying to get in Charlie's good books Mr X?

:lol:

Im sure Johnston will be thinking of those players, but Im not convinced he would pay a fee for any of them, not when they are all out of contract next summer

Edited by Mr X

For the benefit of any strugglers with such things; in referring to my son, I was employing hyperbole in order to illustrate my distaste for Rangers as a club.

Apologies to anyone who finds this a baffling device.

Apparently Celtic have knocked 100 quid off the season this season, that should help you out. Just need to sort out your bus money now!

Apparently Celtic have knocked 100 quid off the season this season, that should help you out. Just need to sort out your bus money now!

Why do you have to be a celtic supporter to dislike the rangers. I have similar thoughts to Monkey Tennis . Does that mean I should send off for a Parkhead ticket as well ?

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Why do you have to be a celtic supporter to dislike the rangers. I have similar thoughts to Monkey Tennis . Does that mean I should send off for a Parkhead ticket as well ?

You boys could car share if you both drive ...

Don't be such a bawbag mate.

The suggestion that I harbour any affection for Celtic at all is about as wide of the mark as can be, as anyone who knows me could confirm. A close look at my P&B posts would also confirm this.

Whether you accept this or not is of course immaterial, but the conclusion you and that other fool have leapt to, says a Hell of a lot more about your prejudices than mine.

From the BBC website:-

Former Inverness CT midfielder Barry Wilson has been offered the vacant Queen of the South manager's position, BBC Scotland has learned.

Wilson, currently manager of Highland League side Wick Academy, spoke to representatives of the Second Division champions in Glasgow on Wednesday.

The 41-year-old has been given 24 hours to make a decision.

He led Wick Academy to third place in the 2012-13 Highland League, their highest ever finish.

The Dumfries-based side are looking to fill the role following Allan Johnston's departure to take over as manager of Scottish Premier League club Kilmarnock.

Wilson played for Queen of the South between 2008 and 2010.

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Jim Atkinson (18)

Defenders

Mark Durnan (20)

Chris Higgins (28)

Kevin Holt (20)

Ryan McGuffie (33)

Chris Mitchell (25)

Midfielders

Paul Burns (29)

Daniel Carmichael (23)

Stephen McKenna (27)

Daniel Orsi (21)

Michael Paton (24)

Pat Slattery (20)

Derek Young (33)

Forwards

Derek Lyle (32)

Gavin Reilly (20)

Iain Russell (30)

Ages at 1st August 2013

May as well take the opportunity to bump this up, edited to remove Allan Johnston who is clearly now being released as a player also having departed as manager!

Craig Reid??? To play in the SPL???

Reid would be a decent enough centre half for a club like Killie

Hate to say it but you know where you heard it first about Wilson.

Heard what first? That he'd been offered the job which was wrong or that he's taken himself out of the running? Are you seriously suggesting that the club announce what happens with every potential candidate?

Incidentally, where did you see confirmation of Johnstons departure first?