The Queen of the South thread

Good win tonight. St Mirren looked a better side than Hearts but we still dominated the first half and looked the far better side. Saints came into it in the second half, but we still looked the likeliest to score.

Some positives and negatives from tonight

Positives : 4 goals, including 2 from Lyle. Some really nice passing and moving again. Starting midfield 3 looked particularly strong, as did Paton. At no point did we have our first choice 11 on the pitch yet still competed well with a reasonably strong St Mirren side.

Negatives : Higgins isnt a left back. Dowie looks like starting at centre half, cant see how he is better than Durnan/Higgins. Missed too many opportunities to score. Lost two very poor goals - gave the ball away in midfield then poor defending and poor goalkeeping.

In possession, I actually think McIntyre has us playing better football than Johnson did. Dont think we are as strong defensively though. But bring on the real stuff!!

What number was he? I came at exactly kickoff so I missed the starting lineups. Harkins and Teale were a different class (Maybe because we let Harkins run too much at the defence second half) and i thought they were the better side for most of the second half up to the last 10 minutes, but we were excellent on the counter and looked good in possession makes Morton's "Triumph" in the Renfrewshire cup less impressive though. Keeper's kicking was fine, but he had a couple of hairy moments and I'd like to see that second goal again as Teale had no right being able to lob him there.

Jim Goodwin is a dirty wee so and so

He was number 15. He was severely out of shape and orsi had him on toast for the 4th goal.

Saints without Harkins or Thomson would/will be relegation certs . Harkins I hate to say is a class act . Definsively they are garbage . Now Queens looked as if they are continuing last seasons attacking play which should excite the palmerston fans and lead to a decent season . MON THE SOUTH

Good win tonight. St Mirren looked a better side than Hearts but we still dominated the first half and looked the far better side. Saints came into it in the second half, but we still looked the likeliest to score.

Some positives and negatives from tonight

Positives : 4 goals, including 2 from Lyle. Some really nice passing and moving again. Starting midfield 3 looked particularly strong, as did Paton. At no point did we have our first choice 11 on the pitch yet still competed well with a reasonably strong St Mirren side.

Negatives : Higgins isnt a left back. Dowie looks like starting at centre half, cant see how he is better than Durnan/Higgins. Missed too many opportunities to score. Lost two very poor goals - gave the ball away in midfield then poor defending and poor goalkeeping.

In possession, I actually think McIntyre has us playing better football than Johnson did. Dont think we are as strong defensively though. But bring on the real stuff!!

So who's our first choice 11?

Edited by Hawk

Good showing from queens. Could of been more than 1 up at half time. Harkins levelled with a tidy solo goal just after the break.

Queens keeper had a steady first half but shaky in the second. Lobbed easily and a bit stuck to his line at times. Pulled off a good save from teale to keep queens in it though. Personally I'd still sign another keeper.

The introduction of wee Dan, Orsi and Lyle livened things up and queens soon put the game to bed.

Was impressed with van Zaten, Harkins and Teale for saints. Grainger and Goodwin were howling!!

Queens knocked it about very well on the new surface and started a lot of the play from the back which was encouraging. McKenna and burns had good games in the midfield also.

Crowd of 1100 ish maybe?

Fantastic pre season double headers v Hearts & St Mirren good opposition to get our teeth in too and the squad didn't Dissapoint.

Think McIntyre is making us a better passing attacking force.

We havnt had our first team all on the pitch at the same time yet, by my reckoning Jim will now know his starting 11 tho.

Heard rumours that the trialist no4 from sat has signed! Really hope that is true.

Looking forward to what could be another fantastic season.

Everyone seems to know what McIntyre strongest 11 is! If he hasn't started with it yet - why not. Surely he should be using his first picks at sometime during the match. It'll be interesting to see if your first 11 is the same as the managers as I am sure everyone will have a different idea

Sorry to go off topic and if its already been stated somewhere... Buy anyobe know if 3G (or 5G!) Pitches are allowed in the new Scottish premiership... And would queens meet current criteria i.e. pitch and ground

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Sorry to go off topic and if its already been stated somewhere... Buy anyobe know if 3G (or 5G!) Pitches are allowed in the new Scottish premiership... And would queens meet current criteria i.e. pitch and ground

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It's been covered at length in the stadium criteria thread, every current championship ground is eligible for the premiership.

Good win tonight and also it was nice to see Queens get a home penalty since 14.2.12(Aberdeen cup).

Heard rumours that the trialist no4 from sat has signed! Really hope that is true.

I also heard that rumour tonight.

Thats the friendlies out the way and now onto the cup games starting with Spartans.

4-2 flattered St Mirren .

Yup. Queens by far the better side, could have had a lot more in the second half. Fresh legs helped (especially against Grainger) but no excuse for how poor we are at the back.

If the teams play like that during the season we'll be seeing you in the play-offs.