The Queen of the South thread

Don't want to stir things up but I'd imagine we'll be looking at Durnan considering McCabe will know your team well, we only have one recognised CH on our books and we'll be able to spend a small amount of cash.

That's not what I'm on the thread for, I'm just curious to know if there's any names been mentioned as to McCabe's replacement?

Question on McCabe: what was he like as an assistant at Queens?

Don't want to stir things up but I'd imagine we'll be looking at Durnan considering McCabe will know your team well, we only have one recognised CH on our books and we'll be able to spend a small amount of cash.

That's not what I'm on the thread for, I'm just curious to know if there's any names been mentioned as to McCabe's replacement?

Question on McCabe: what was he like as an assistant at Queens?

We are not going to replace him.

Going to use his wage on a player/coach.

I think I'd be able to form a stronger opinion on the groundsman, or club secretary than any assistant manager in my time watching Queens. Nevermind one that was only here a year.

The management team ultimately reached the target they were set so in that sense he was good I suppose.

Equally, he didn't stop McIntyre from making some truly dreadful decisions so in that sense, naw he's shit!

I'm not really sure how to rate an assistant manager.

palmy_cammy, on 17 Jun 2014 - 19:43, said:

I think I'd be able to form a stronger opinion on the groundsman, or club secretary than any assistant manager in my time watching Queens. Nevermind one that was only here a year.

The management team ultimately reached the target they were set so in that sense he was good I suppose.

Equally, he didn't stop McIntyre from making some truly dreadful decisions so in that sense, naw he's shit!

I'm not really sure how to rate an assistant manager.

Seriously? I can for one, tell you Ray Farningham was quite the 'Yes' man whereas David Farrell was just as much our main manager as Alex Rae was whilst Billy Dodds was a good coach but flawed as a potential manager and was one of those that carried his notebook everywhere jotting down even the most mundane of things.

Not losing sleep over his departure although would rather have him and keep the continuity we had in the coaching staff. I think if we get the right player/coach signing correct that would be ideal. Derek Young is a no go for me in that role as I honestly can't see him doing it for another year. Sure it will be a decent signing if it is going to command a decent figure.

Thank god we missed out on that one. With dowie, Durnan and Higgins I don't see much need for a fourth centre back especially not one from league 2.

Maybe he could cover at left back. ^_^

Conroy been released by Dundee, if we signed him and Zander Clark I'd be a very happy man!

As for coach, I heard Austin McCann or Martin hardie.

Care to expand, did these two play under McIntyre at he Pars?

So who' s they player / assistant manager??

Canny think of anyone bar maybe Baz Nicholson!

You would think with pre-season due to start in the next week or two McIntyre would be looking to get someone in sooner rather than later.

Saturday 28th March 2015
HeartsvQueen of South

Saturday 4th April 2015
HibernianvQueen of South

Wednesday 8th April 2015
Queen of SouthvRangers

Saturday 11th April 2015
Queen of SouthvFalkirk

That is a hell of a hard run