The Queen of the South thread

In all seriousness I think it will go to the wire with us both like it did last season.....lets be honest that was one of the tightest playoffs ever & only a last minute goal separated us...think we will be as close this season...if millar gets his head right he is the best centre mid in this division bar none ...I include gomis & bauben in this.....seriously he is brilliant

Hope you are right. No doubt Millar has great ability. Hope he can get back to that level with us.

The game at Falkirk in the 2nd leg was a great game. We played really well but didn`t see it through. Was tough to take at the time but was a great match nonetheless.

We urgently need to emerge from a feeling of negativity which is certainly apparent in some fans, myself included.

The notion that it`s a good plan to donate 2 good players to your rivals is bizarre at best.

Big game for us at Cowdenbeath tomorrow , we need to get back on track against a team who have beaten us twice already this season.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Hope you are right. No doubt Millar has great ability. Hope he can get back to that level with us.

The game at Falkirk in the 2nd leg was a great game. We played really well but didn`t see it through. Was tough to take at the time but was a great match nonetheless.

We urgently need to emerge from a feeling of negativity which is certainly apparent in some fans, myself included.

The notion that it`s a good plan to donate 2 good players to your rivals is bizarre at best.

Big game for us at Cowdenbeath tomorrow , we need to get back on track against a team who have beaten us twicw already this season.

Not being a fanny here but Baird didn't start any games for you did he? Or am I wrong .....him & loy are deadly for us up front great partnership eta Kerr has been awesome for us last coupla games...not the young lothar markrrus that he was i his first spell with us but never wastes a ball Edited by distresseduke

Not being a fanny here but Baird didn't start any games for you did he? Or am I wrong .....him & loy are deadly for us up front great partnership

Started 9, came on as sub in 11.

Scored 3 goals.

His best display IMHO was when we beat Falkirk 3-0 at Palmerston.

Probably in the minority but I thought he did fine for us. Missed out on a starting place having been injured pre-season. Lyle and Reilly both did well so not a regular starter after that. Very decent player at this level.

I don`t think it is.

I would hope he meant let`s not just accept any offer. Presumably we won`t stand in the way if the offer met our valuation of a player still under contract.

Well as we are probably not going to find out the offers we'll never know if that was the case.

There isn't much money in Scottish football and looking at Loy as an example were by Accies offered £25k where would you value McShane. £10-£20k? It could be that the board just put a high unrealistic valuation on the player and therefore hold him back.

When and who was the last player we got money for and how much. Bob Harris?

Shame we don't have American football's special team subs, then Chris Mitchell could come on for all dead ball situations. Surely he is fit enough by now to do that at least.

So how much did we get for the leagues runaway top scorer?

As far as I know the club has never officially published that information so I'm not going to do so here. He was out of contract though so it was an agreed compensation package rather than go to tribunal and not a strict "sale".

Not sure who the last sale within contract would be. Willie Gibson probably.

Good set of results for us today and a much needed boost. I'd rather it was a league game next week now to keep us on track, but that's football. 3 points against Raith in our game in hand would make for pleasant reading of league table, although it won't be a sure thing with the way Raith seem to be picking up results recently. Still a LONG way to go, but capitalising on a Falkirk slip is a positive either way. It cancels out their cracking result last week in all honesty.

If I could pick a new signing just now it would be an assistant manager. We really need some experience in the dugout to help us in our quest for the 4th spot.

In all honesty I would still be favouring Falkirk for the 4th spot if I was a neutral. If we aren't planning on bringing in new players before next week, then surely the board need to get some proper assistance in for Fowler to guide us through the most difficult part of the season.

In terms of natural ability and future potential - no disrespect to Burns and Mckenna but McShane is in a different league. He has held our midfield together this season. If Hamilton can get over 1 million for thir left back there is no way that we should be even entertaining a non descript offer from Ross county and potentially let them cash in ony future upside.

I will be astounded if he goes to Ross County and if we let one of our bright stars go a to a club with less potential than us we might as well close down the Development Squad and shut up shop!!!!

McShane was excellent today. As ever always looking to be positive and scored an excellent goal. Played well even first half when many of the team were poor and we were struggling.

With the defeats of Livingston recently and Cowden today, hopefully Queens are shaking off the 'can't beat the struggling / wee teams ' tab. Having been to the Cowden game at Palmerston, I am still in disbelief that they left with the three points . Good to get that bogey out of the road now .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

With the defeats of Livingston recently and Cowden today, hopefully Queens are shaking off the 'can't beat the struggling / wee teams ' tab. Having been to the Cowden game at Palmerston, I am still in disbelief that they left with the three points . Good to get that bogey out of the road now .

Agreed. We have played a lot worse this season than we did against Cowden at Palmerston and still won. It wasnt a stellar performance but we were decent and should have won. Their winner was completely against the run of play.

We were a bit unlucky against Livi twice too but they did play well in those games too.

On the other hand the first game at Cowden we were just awful for the first half and lucky to be only two down. We might have nicked a draw if Baird hadnt missed a sitter near the end but we didnt deserve anything.

McShane was excellent today. As ever always looking to be positive and scored an excellent goal. Played well even first half when many of the team were poor and we were struggling.

What's his contract situation? I'd imagine we'll try to sign him irrespective of which division we're in next season if he's a free agent.

What's his contract situation? I'd imagine we'll try to sign him irrespective of which division we're in next season if he's a free agent.

He's not a free agent though he's under contract until the end of next season.