The Queen of the South thread

I'm sure I'm covering old ground here but who was the last player to receive an international call up whilst on our books?

Did Steven Black not captain the schoolboy team in a tournament a few years back?

Going back a good bit here but I remember Davie Mathieson receiving a few call ups to the U21s.  I'm sure his main rival for the position was Neil Alexander who was at Stenhousemuir at the time.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm sure I'm covering old ground here but who was the last player to receive an international call up whilst on our books?

Did Steven Black not captain the schoolboy team in a tournament a few years back?

Going back a good bit here but I remember Davie Mathieson receiving a few call ups to the U21s.  I'm sure his main rival for the position was Neil Alexander who was at Stenhousemuir at the time.

Greg Kiltie was called up several times for the u19's whilst on loan to us 2 seasons ago.

Jamie MacDonald was definitely called up for the 21s whilst on loan to us too. Thinks Jamie Adams might have been also.

Edited to add - Steven Black played at schools level. So did Dan Orsi. I think Craig Neill also played for Scottish Schools at least once more recently than those two.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

30 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Neil Alexander available next season ideal experienced goalie and coach.

Agreed, but is our present goalie/coach not signed up for another season? Alexander may be out of our price range  and probably has higher ambitions than mid-championship football plus I can't see him or Robinson happy to be bench warmers. 

Greg Kiltie was called up several times for the u19's whilst on loan to us 2 seasons ago. Jamie MacDonald was definitely called up for the 21s whilst on loan to us too. Thinks Jamie Adams might have been also. Edited to add - Steven Black played at schools level. So did Dan Orsi. I think Craig Neill also played for Scottish Schools at least once more recently than those two. 

This topic brought me in mind of this article where a few ex queens players mentioned.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-u19s-reached-euros-final-8511909.amp

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:31, Skyline Drifter said:

Greg Kiltie was called up several times for the u19's whilst on loan to us 2 seasons ago.

Jamie MacDonald was definitely called up for the 21s whilst on loan to us too. Thinks Jamie Adams might have been also.

Edited to add - Steven Black played at schools level. So did Dan Orsi. I think Craig Neill also played for Scottish Schools at least once more recently than those two.

Did Fraser Morton not play for Scottish Schools? That would be even more recent.

39 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Missed that. Is he away?

Liam Leaves

And yes, he'll be replaced. Not sure if it will happen immediately though. He hadn't been expected to go until the summer. Certainly be someone in before pre-season.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

48 minutes ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

How's scott mercer been doing with you guys

Personally for me just not good enough yet for this level. He's been at left back for last two games and looked a bit lost whilst at right back he was either good or shaky. Inconsistent probably the best description but our overall defensive displays have been poor so a bit  harsh to judge him in that set-up.

Team must start with Dobbie and Lyle upfront next sat back to basics 442 Thomas wide prob Murray other side with Thomson and Jacobs in midfield. We must start picking up points before we get dragged into the mire at the bottom. Missed opportunity today again to close the gap on Dundee utd.

Scott Mercer was again very poor weak link in defence Just not good enough.Should have been taken off at half time accident waiting to happen.Naysmith is starting to worry me on this form we are heading for the playoffs at that wrong end  of the table.