The Queen of the South thread

You've really improved the defending, Mr. Naysmith !

Other Championship teams are defeating lower League teams with goals  to spare. We should be too with the quality we have upfront.

This Manager does not have the ability to inspire and lead this group.

It really is time for him to go.

I am very supportive of the Board but they have got this one wrong.

Dreadfull ,awfull ,utter shite.This team is going nowhere.3 defenders 2 midfielders 1 Striker needed.What utter dross that clown has brought in .We will be lucky to be 9th .We will see what the board are made of over the next couple of weeks.Its ok having money in the bank but the product on show isnt going to improve crowds its going to do the opposite .Outplayed for long periods by an honest part time team who were well organised.It is not going to get better.We have been dire against teams who we should be beating.
Get out now Naysmith .

Strong parallels between Hearts (Cathro) and ourselves (Naysmith).

Both sets of fans, I think, have never been totally convinced by the appointments.

There has been no real improvement by either and both seem incapable of inspiring their respective teams.

In contrast, Magic turns up at Tynecastle today and his side put up a typical performance - no fear, positivity and togetherness to achieve a positive result.

Remember when we used to be like that ?

Definitely time for change.  Neither Manager will turn it around at either Club.

Obviously the results haven't gone the way we would have wanted, but it's come down to very fine margins in the end.  The response in here you'd think we'd lost every game 5-0.  We've never been a team who's had the right to go out and beat anyone and perhaps some need to remember that.

I don't actually think we're too far away from having a team that will compete well in this division.  Martin is a very good goalkeeper and Brownlie and Fordyce already look like a better partnership than any of the combinations that were tried last season.  Fordyce has strolled through the two games that I have seen.  Kyle Jacobs remains outstanding in the "destroyer" role.  Then of course there's Lord Dobbs.  It's a pretty decent spine for this level.

Dobbie is crying out for a partner that will do his running for him, and obviously we need someone in the middle of the park who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the game.  Rankin has lost that ability and I don't think Tapping is the man for that either despite a promising start today.

We're a work in progress and I don't think any rash judgements should be made until the work is finished.

7 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

If we lose at home to Brechin then surely there must be a change?

I honestly wouldn't see a chance of change unless we're in real trouble in the table and even then, not until into the new year.

I can't say I'm impressed either, but we won't and shouldn't be realistically looking at change anytime soon.