The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Will Queens sign anyone before the transfer deadline ?

I think we will go with what we have just now.

You can still do emergency loans after Thursday ? think if we can then that is what we will do.

We could do to get rid of Lee Robinson but we would have to pay him off so that will probably not happen.

I Think we need one more signing to complete the squad and believe we will get it.

As an old git I`m happy to confirm that I was at that game. We lost 5-1 but actually played quite well from what I recall.
The various reports at this link seem to support that. Gallant QOS
Here is a picture of us celebrating our equaliser which gives some detail of the strip worn.
GW604H329

Bet Nobby Clark can't jump that high these days [emoji23]

Just caught up on the last few days so here is my thoughts. 

Away shirts - its been an interesting read because I can only just remember the tops of the 90's although some designs err stick out more than others. As to colour one of my favourits of recent seasons is the black Palmerston Café one. Probably not the most popular choice but I liked as well as the yellow one from 3 or 4 years ago. If I could have a choice I would like the club to rotate through the colours of white yellow and black. Red and grey I don't think suit us. I have the red top from Peter Haining as the sponsor and its the worst one I bought and keep it as a reminder of my mistake. 

Match highlights - Been really impressed how much the team are pressuring the opposition to try win the ball back and I hope as well that the ball stays on the deck as much as possible because we are such a good team to watch when we are passing the ball around and running at players. You can see the confidence in the team and it shows in their play. Really like Tapping in particular and glad we have given him a chance considering his unfortunate injuries.

Fans - With the team playing well and our excellent position in the table so far I hope the low crowds of late start to swell in the next home game against Morton. With the good product on show and the manager seemly getting it right on the park then I hope that changes peoples minds to go see the team. 

45 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Just caught up on the last few days so here is my thoughts. 

Away shirts - its been an interesting read because I can only just remember the tops of the 90's although some designs err stick out more than others. As to colour one of my favourits of recent seasons is the black Palmerston Café one. Probably not the most popular choice but I liked as well as the yellow one from 3 or 4 years ago. If I could have a choice I would like the club to rotate through the colours of white yellow and black. Red and grey I don't think suit us. I have the red top from Peter Haining as the sponsor and its the worst one I bought and keep it as a reminder of my mistake. 

Sound thinking imho.

The commercial team in conjunction with the Board of Directors pick the kits. Final decision inevitably is with the Board.
We used yellow slightly more often than I thought looking at it. From 1990 to 2008 (18 seasons) we had a yellow or yellow / blue striped away kit for 13 of those seasons. Albeit that's only about 7 different kits as the Galloway Frozen Foods one was used for 4 years and the two different yellow & blue striped ones were used for 3 years and 2 years respectively. I think the only yellow one we've had since then was the tyre track one from three years ago though.

May I ask who the commercial team is at Palmerston these days SD ?
Can't help but notice how poorly attended the hospitality has been so far this season

May I ask who the commercial team is at Palmerston these days SD ?

Can't help but notice how poorly attended the hospitality has been so far this season

I've a feeling SD might be part of that team these days since any criticism of the change strip and he's on a major defensive [emoji38]

13 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

As an old git I`m happy to confirm that I was at that game. We lost 5-1 but actually played quite well from what I recall.

The various reports at this link seem to support that. Gallant QOS

Here is a picture of us celebrating our equaliser which gives some detail of the strip worn.

QOS celebrate their goal at Parkhead March 1977

I was there too. We did play well. 

To lose 5-1 was a bit of a scunner

38 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

In the (VERY) long term what we need is a new main stand so that we can put on a proper high yielding hospitality service

A new main stand has been on the agenda for a few seasons now I would imagine.  The problem of getting a safety certificate each year for the old one  must be getting harder.  Of course it all comes down to finance and grants available,  etc.  I believe it was the sale of Andy Thomson which helped with financing the building of the East Stand. so maybe we need to unearth another gem or two to sell on to help finance a new main stand.  At the moment our crowds hardly merit building a new stand and its the same for the numbers who want to use the Hospitality facility.  Do we sell out Hospitality on a regular basis or turn large numbers away if we are fully booked?  Possibly in the past few seasons when Hearts,  Hibs and rangers have been in the division there may have been a greater demand on 3 or 4 occasions each time but not for the majority of games I imagine.  If we do build a much needed new Main Stand I doubt if it will be any bigger than what we already have unless there is an indication that crowds are going to increase. 

11 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Fans - With the team playing well and our excellent position in the table so far I hope the low crowds of late start to swell in the next home game against Morton. With the good product on show and the manager seemly getting it right on the park then I hope that changes peoples minds to go see the team. 

I hope so too but when we first played them last season we were top of the league after 8 games. The crowd was 1,695. Not sure how many Morton brought, but wouldn't have been less than about 150 - 200 I expect. So somewhere around 1,500 home fans to see us when we were top and hadn't lost a league game.