The Queen of the South thread

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Unfortunately not it was a ballot system for season ticket holders and seems less than 300 applied and Galloway & Family have season tickets. 

George Galloway was still in England (going by his Twitter) when Scotland moved into Tier 4, so presumably shouldn't have been part of the "ballot" anyway.

That's ignoring the fact QOS will have more than his family as season ticket holders who would've been invited to the game, yet incredibly its only Galloway who wasn't told not to attend, and then let in.

George Galloway was still in England (going by his Twitter) when Scotland moved into Tier 4, so presumably shouldn't have been part of the "ballot" anyway.
That's ignoring the fact QOS will have more than his family as season ticket holders who would've been invited to the game, yet incredibly its only Galloway who wasn't told not to attend, and then let in.
Not defending any if this but he was in the area before Christmas, which would have been when we were in tier 1.

"Have you finished typing up that second apology statement yet?"

"Aye Billy"

"Did you remember to put in some patronising crap so that we can cream more money off the mugs and make it look like we give a toss about them?"

"Shit no!  I'll tag it on at the end"

I wonder what potential sponsors of Queens will think about being associated with the club now? Hardly a plus point I would suggest and this when added to an absolutely horrendous 'display' by the team on Saturday does not bode well for the club going forward.

That second statement is shocking. Unbelievable that they think we'd be okay with him being given 5 tickets from the ballot. 295 to loyal fans and 5 to that fanny.  The PR department has well and truly hit the self destruct button. 
Again, not defending anything but there weren't 295 fans in the ballot. Everyone who entered the ballot would have got a ticket.

There are plenty of reasons to be pissed off at this but that isnt one of them.

Cute that you think we have a PR department though

Actually wondering if this stunt might backfire on Galloway? Despite being the self proclaimed "Saviour of the Union", the reaction to his antics has pretty much been universal condemnation. He might have expected plaudits for sticking it up the SNP but instead he's come across as using privilege. 

Then again, his view will probably be no publicity is bad publicity. 

Again, not defending anything but there weren't 295 fans in the ballot. Everyone who entered the ballot would have got a ticket.

There are plenty of reasons to be pissed off at this but that isnt one of them.

Cute that you think we have a PR department though

It says it all about how pish we are that we can’t get even 300 folk who want to come to a game.
And yes , PR department [emoji23][emoji15]

At what point was GG granted permission to attend Palmerston when DG was in Tier 1? When did the ballot take place and when were fans notified if they were successful or not? I applied for one of the 300 places when we were in Tier 1 and up until Christmas night at 23.59 I still hadn't been informed if I had been successful or not. The announcement by FM on new restrictions on 19 December meant I could not attend even although the club did not email to tell me if I had been successful or not. Maybe I should just have turned up and gained entry that way after all I am thinking or doing some sponsorship soon

What's all the big deal on GG purchasing 5 season tickets - a number of these may have been junior blues

41 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Ye ken it's a bit like loacking eh stable door eftir eh horse has boltit like, eh?

The chairman has woken up with the fear this morning. 

It has quickly dawned on him, that  his “f**k-em” apology, made while he was two bottles of wine down didn’t work.

So this morning, he has tried to underplay it with a clumsy explanation and half-arsed apology. 

Looks like a day on the sofa beckons for BH. Eating pot noodles and drifting in and out of feeling okay and feeling like shit.

Early to bed tonight, he will be feeling better tomorrow. 

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not defending any if this but he was in the area before Christmas, which would have been when we were in tier 1.

What?

20th December - Announced that Scotland will enter Tier 4 on Boxing day. Galloway in England.

It's surely irrelevant that he was in Scotland before you entered Tier 4, as by the time he made it to Dumfries, it had already been confirmed you'd be in Tier 4, and no fans would be allowed to attend.

I'm still almost certain he shouldn't even have been part of any "ballot" which presumably was held before the Tier 4 restrictions were announced on the 20th, as he wasn't in Dumfries at that point, but I'm not 100% certain on how that works in Tier 1 areas.

Could someone explain in short, simple terms why George Galloway was allowed to attend the match during covid  tier 4 restrictions and why did he get access to the match ahead of long term season ticket holders ?

Also, will there be a fine or a points reduction for breaking the covid restrictions ?

George Galloway would have known that by tweeting a photo of the match it would highlighted the fact he was attending the game - if he had not tweeted then it's highly possible this would have went unnoticed. He enjoys publicity, so perhaps he tweeted knowing it would attract attention.

The club have yet to answer their fans questions.

That second attempt at an apology is still pathetic. They have still ignored the main issues.

Why was he guaranteed tickets, when actual fans had to enter a ballot? Families have bought season tickets for decades, but a former Dundee United/Celtic fan rocks up the week before Christmas and is deemed more important to the club. I feel for all the actual QoS fans, this is a real slap in the face for them.

Why was he still allowed access after the rules changed? The whole ‘we didn’t tell him’ doesn’t make sense. I think every single person in Scotland knew about the rules changing well in advance of Boxing Day. Such a blatant disregard of the rules and the fact that your club seem to be brushing it off like this does not sit well with me. There’s nothing to say that they will accept the consequences, it’s almost as if they think it’s ok, because nobody told George Galloway that the rules had changed... surely they aren’t that naive/stupid?