The Queen of the South thread

10 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

We’re going to give him a job at the club to try and worm our way out of this aren’t we?

That seems like something they would do rather than suck it up and take what’s coming to them.

That wouldn't excuse him family being there though. Unless your club gives jobs to all of them...

6 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Echo what Viking-Ton said earlier he’s played your board for utter fools, I doubt he’s put any sponsorship money in yet and you’ll probably never see any outside 5 season tickets he’s bought. Galloway is a utter attention seeker who is desperate for the Scottish Government to fine him or lift him for breaking the rules as he did when crossing the border.

You’ve just given him another chance to goad Sturgeon into doing him so he can play the victim card. Unfortunately if he gets hammered so will Queen of the South and I’ll bet Galloway will not help your club out if fined or worse deducted points.

Regardless of who Galloway is this is just an utter boot in the stones to every fan who has dug deep and effectively donated hundreds of pounds of their hard earned money at a difficult time for their clubs. Knowing full well they might not see a game this season. Yet some complete attention seeker claiming to be a potential sponsor walks right in during a tier 4 lockdown.

The less said about the statement the better, when did Drysdale join your board. An utter f**k you to the Queens fans.

Ok who’s set this up to autocorrect to virginton emoji23.png

It's so bizarre. The statement makes out that he was 'given permission' to attend. Given permission by who? And why? It doesn't sound like he was part of the ballot, or else they'd surely have just said that.

1 hour ago, spacekid84 said:

It's alright, the board fully accept and understand the fans anger! Sweep sweep...

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

"Look at our big table which you paid for. It's really big because we're so important. You're not as important as us so you can't sit at our big, important table. Now, keep giving us your money and shut the f**k up."

Someone has to photoshop a photo of Galloway sitting at the head of the table!

5 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Could someone explain in short, simple terms why George Galloway was allowed to attend the match during covid  tier 4 restrictions and why did he get access to the match ahead of long term season ticket holders ?

Also, will there be a fine or a points reduction for breaking the covid restrictions ?

George Galloway would have known that by tweeting a photo of the match it would highlighted the fact he was attending the game - if he had not tweeted then it's highly possible this would have went unnoticed. He enjoys publicity, so perhaps he tweeted knowing it would attract attention.

The club have yet to answer their fans questions.

There won't be a points deduction. I don't think that's in the rules for COVID breaches.

If Galloway got tickets through the legitimate ballot mechanism by virtue of either applying in absentia using his Borders address or rocking up and entering the ballot after flouting a blanket ban on cross-border travel was imposed then the Covid protocols for fan entry are clearly flawed. If he got tickets by getting on the phone to his big Unionist mates on the board who asked no relevant questions then it's a gross misjudgment. Those are issues that are yet to be addressed before he actually turned up on Saturday and was inexplicably allowed in.

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That second attempt at an apology is still pathetic. They have still ignored the main issues.

Why was he guaranteed tickets, when actual fans had to enter a ballot? Families have bought season tickets for decades, but a former Dundee United/Celtic fan rocks up the week before Christmas and is deemed more important to the club. I feel for all the actual QoS fans, this is a real slap in the face for them.

Why was he still allowed access after the rules changed? The whole ‘we didn’t tell him’ doesn’t make sense. I think every single person in Scotland knew about the rules changing well in advance of Boxing Day. Such a blatant disregard of the rules and the fact that your club seem to be brushing it off like this does not sit well with me. There’s nothing to say that they will accept the consequences, it’s almost as if they think it’s ok, because nobody told George Galloway that the rules had changed... surely they aren’t that naive/stupid?

This . As soon as Nicola made the announcement that Boxing day was cancelled, anyone with any sense should have known not to go 

20 minutes ago, queenslad said:

At what point was GG granted permission to attend Palmerston when DG was in Tier 1? When did the ballot take place and when were fans notified if they were successful or not? I applied for one of the 300 places when we were in Tier 1 and up until Christmas night at 23.59 I still hadn't been informed if I had been successful or not. The announcement by FM on new restrictions on 19 December meant I could not attend even although the club did not email to tell me if I had been successful or not. Maybe I should just have turned up and gained entry that way after all I am thinking or doing some sponsorship soon

What's all the big deal on GG purchasing 5 season tickets - a number of these may have been junior blues

18 minutes ago, queenslad said:

This is the first I have heard of this

The ballot closed before the Tier 4 announcement was made but nothing was sent out to fans as all the entries had to be checked and allocated a seat. Before that was completed, the Tier 4 announcement was made so the whole thing  was null and void. The club then put something on the website on the 19th to say as per the Tier 4 restrictions fans wouldnt be allowed into the game.

Im saying all of that completely separately to Galloway - I have no idea, nor do I want to, how or when he was invited

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

20th December - Announced that Scotland will enter Tier 4 on Boxing day. Galloway in England.

It's surely irrelevant that he was in Scotland before you entered Tier 4, as by the time he made it to Dumfries, it had already been confirmed you'd be in Tier 4, and no fans would be allowed to attend.

I'm still almost certain he shouldn't even have been part of any "ballot" which presumably was held before the Tier 4 restrictions were announced on the 20th, as he wasn't in Dumfries at that point, but I'm not 100% certain on how that works in Tier 1 areas.

You said

"George Galloway was still in England (going by his Twitter) when Scotland moved into Tier 4"

he wasnt. He had moved to Scotland before Boxing Day, which is when we moved into Tier 4

Again, completely separate to how or why he ended up in Palmerston. Im not trying to defend that in anyway. 

Again, not defending anything but there weren't 295 fans in the ballot. Everyone who entered the ballot would have got a ticket.

Well that’s worrying. Fans haven’t been allowed to attend Palmerston for 9 months yet when they are less than 300 bother to apply for a ticket!!
It seems that the Dumfries public have finally become so disillusioned with the going on’s inside and outside of Palmerston that they have decided to vote with their feet!
The future seems very bleak indeed for the club.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Remember, it wasn't just Galloway. It was his family as well who were all allowed in. That's multiple breaches, not one.

Good point. Making the punishment 1 point deduction/£100k fine (just withold the government grant money) for each breach seems proportionate then.

Couldn’t believe George Galloway goes to the game and knowingly breaks tier 4 lock down along with QOTS by permitting spectators in the ground, Secondly he couldn’t help himself but to inform everyone via Twitter he was there, This is a complete disaster for queens in an already poor season now but it’s ok he’s bought 5 season tickets and going to sponsor the club I can just see it on the new shirts I love Alluah

10 hours ago, Adamski said:

Also, as a supporter of independence, Galloway launching a pro-union party is probably a good thing In next year’s election. The more split that the unionist vote is the better.

His tawdry assembly of zoomers and weirdos will struggle to match the RISE vote, alas.

I like QoS, good club with decent fans. Sadly they will be hammered for this.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

You said

"George Galloway was still in England (going by his Twitter) when Scotland moved into Tier 4"

he wasnt. He had moved to Scotland before Boxing Day, which is when we moved into Tier 4

Again, completely separate to how or why he ended up in Palmerston. Im not trying to defend that in anyway. 

Aye, I meant when it was announced. Twitter has his coming up the day after the announcement (which should've been the first red flag about his intentions).

I just can't fathom out why he was either allowed to be part of the ballot when he was in a different country, nor how it was only him and his family who weren't told not to attend, as your chairman is claiming.

Latest statement reeks of pish, and if its not, is arguably just adding to the incompetence. 

Just now, Mustafa_sheet said:

Well that’s worrying. Fans haven’t been allowed to attend Palmerston for 9 months yet when they are less than 300 bother to apply for a ticket!!
It seems that the Dumfries public have finally become so disillusioned with the going on’s inside and outside of Palmerston that they have decided to vote with their feet!

Im not sure thats entirely the whole picture. 

Obviously, there would be less season tickets sold this season than usual. Once you take out anyone outside the DG postcode who were ineligible, anyone under 12 who were also excluded, anyone vulnerable who maybe wanted to go but didnt feel comfortable and shirt draw tickets that might normally be used be different people at work who are off, or not in the office, you've significantly reduced the number of people able to enter.

You've then got a fair number of fans who, for one reason or another, dont have a season ticket who would want to attend but couldnt enter the draw.

Its disappointing but I think there are more reasons than just disillusionment. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, I meant when it was announced. Twitter has his coming up the day after the announcement (which should've been the first red flag about his intentions).

I just can't fathom out why he was either allowed to be part of the ballot when he was in a different country, nor how it was only him and his family who weren't told not to attend, as your chairman is claiming.

Latest statement reeks of pish, and if its not, is arguably just adding to the incompetence. 

Sorry, yes I think you're right, he moved after the announcement.

He didnt enter the ballot

35 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Again, not defending anything but there weren't 295 fans in the ballot. Everyone who entered the ballot would have got a ticket.

There are plenty of reasons to be pissed off at this but that isnt one of them.

Cute that you think we have a PR department though

I never knew that. Can you say how many were in the ballot?

So he was given the 5 tickets after the ballot closed and they weren't taken away from fans? 

Ah fair enough about the PR department. Poor from me I suppose. 

Tinpot doesn't even begin to cover it. What are the odds of a third statement being released?

Still so many questions unanswered what a PR own goal. Galloway will be lapping up the media attention whilst QoS haemorrhage support and get battered by the SPFL; SFA; SG and the rest of Scottish football. 

Galloway has played QoS like a fucking fiddle. If there's any justice he should be fined but that's actually what he's after.

What a mess and the last thing QoS needed given the state of things on the pitch. 

Queens board having a total mare here, played like fools by a media junkie using them to poke the Scottish government with a stick. I would imagine they have invited him in ahead of fans by using the "boardroom" clause and he has booted them in the stanes.

The first apology is insulting and the second is worse as it seeks to create a scenario where they were naive rather than complicit. Tier 4 no ballot, no carrying over of offers no attend, no exceptions. If their story was true then where were the other fans who found themselves in a  similar situation, who did and did not get notification they couldn't/couldn't attend.

The one thing that won't change is board rooms putting themselves first, we've seen ICT refusing Raith Rovers and Dundee permission to have an analyst film the game from a near empty stand, media access for away clubs to service their fans interest is restricted despite the empty stadiums yet the boardrooms are full.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

He didnt enter the ballot

That's poor from the club then. Only half reasonable explanation I can think of is that, with his son close to joining the club, the whole family were invited to the match as some form of introduction/get him to a sign a contract, but I'm not sure how common that is for players so young?

Even then, it shouldn't have happened.

9 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Inverness were only getting about 200 fans at their games recently. I think Mr X explains it pretty well.

Couldn’t believe George Galloway goes to the game and knowingly breaks tier 4 lock down along with QOTS by permitting spectators in the ground, Secondly he couldn’t help himself but to inform everyone via Twitter he was there, This is a complete disaster for queens in an already poor season now but it’s ok he’s bought 5 season tickets and going to sponsor the club I can just see it on the new shirts I love Alluah

Club have been so naive anyone else who’d gotten in would have kept it on the down-low but GG would tweet he took a shite in his litter box if it stirred up some controversy.