The Queen of the South thread

47 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm not saying that SD or indeed anyone else associated with a football club should be making daft statements on here about their employer/client. But if you choose to duck out of commenting your own club's mess for that reason then you lose all credibility when commentimg on any other club's dealings.

I get that but I still think you're being a bit harsh here. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's now on BBC Scotland's football page.

It quotes that club statement.  The bit I still don't fully get is this:  "He was socially distant within an area of the ground where he formed a bubble with his family. All Covid protocols were followed at all times."

Is the club therefore claiming that this was ok, but they get that the identity of the guest bothered some people, or are they simply avoiding the fact that rules were breached?

Either way, it's not good.  I'm just still not entirely clear, and the BBC report doesn't help, as to how definitely the rules (rather than just their spirit) were broken.  

My understanding of the rules is that no fans are allowed, so if you are at the game, there must be a purpose to this which helps the game go ahead. Unless Galloway was a feckin ball boy, he shouldn't have been there - however it would not surprise me in the slightest if pals of directors up and down the country have been getting in.

36 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I think Nik Nak will.be keeping right out of it, after letting her mask slip last week. 

If she done f**k all but the Celtic fans spitting the dummy oot she can hardly get waded into Queens. Unless you lot down there aren’t fully fledged members of her cult. 

Edited by Yenitit

My understanding of the rules is that no fans are allowed, so if you are at the game, there must be a purpose to this which helps the game go ahead. Unless Galloway was a feckin ball boy, he shouldn't have been there - however it would not surprise me in the slightest if pals of directors up and down the country have been getting in.

I’m pretty sure you’ll be correct that lots of folk will have been present who weren’t required for the game to go ahead. The key to not getting caught out is not to invite a self serving c**t who is only interested in self promotion.

On the face of it Queens have breached the SPFL rules and regulation about as egregiously as it's possible to imagine. They've also broken the SFA rules. Both the SPFL and the SFA require the Scottish Government guidance to be followed, and they have clearly been trashed here. I don't know what kind of punishment might follow but I would be prepared for the worst. https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Sep-20 (MASTER COPY B) CLEAN.pdf

I feel really sorry for QotS fans, the club could get nailed to the wall for this and it's you and the players who will suffer. The best punishment would be to ban those involved - which seems to include the Chairman - from involvement with a member club for something like 2 years.

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 00.05.13.png

The sheer arrogance of that statement is astonishing.   It's almost as if whoever wrote it held a seance with the spirit of Willie Harkness to draft the wording.

"We're sorry we got caught.  But pipe down and keep the money coming in in these difficult times"

"All covid protocols were followed at all times" it says.  Except the big one about no spectators being allowed in grounds in the first place.  I honestly don't give a shit if he washed his hands or not, he should not have been there full stop.

Hewitson rode out the Rangers vote fiasco, not so easy to brush this one under the carpet given the likely legal ramifications, SFL punishments and media coverage.  Whether Galloway was his "guest" or not, he as chairman should not have sanctioned it.  Somebody grab that spade off him before he digs an even bigger hole for himself and the club.

What a f***ing shambles of a club.  A shitshow on the pitch and an even bigger one off it.

On the face of it Queens have breached the SPFL rules and regulation about as egregiously as it's possible to imagine. They've also broken the SFA rules. Both the SPFL and the SFA require the Scottish Government guidance to be followed, and they have clearly been trashed here. I don't know what kind of punishment might follow but I would be prepared for the worst. https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Sep-20 (MASTER COPY B) CLEAN.pdf
I feel really sorry for QotS fans, the club could get nailed to the wall for this and it's you and the players who will suffer. The best punishment would be to ban those involved - which seems to include the Chairman - from involvement with a member club for something like 2 years.
871709411_Screenshot2020-12-28at00_05_13.thumb.png.79b8e7fe51e9c6303ae5d4f6aea0391b.png

As others have said we won’t be alone in having people in attendance who aren’t required to be there. It would however seem to be the case that we’re the only club who’ve invited a sociopathic arsehole who lives his sorry fucking life on social media to be that guest.

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

As others have said we won’t be alone in having people in attendance who aren’t required to be there. It would however seem to be the case that we’re the only club who’ve invited a sociopathic arsehole who lives his sorry fucking life on social media to be that guest.

I don't know what you mean. If there's one word you can associate with the career of George Galloway, surely it's "discretion"? Dignity, discretion and introversion. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs have stretched the limits of what could be counted as an official, but of all the people to invite...

Fingers crossed that this sees Hewitson out of the club. I’ve never forgiven him and his fellow directors for the Rangers vote.

i doubt very much that it will though. As fan groups go, Queens seem more accepting than most about these sorts of things, sadly.

Also, as a supporter of independence, Galloway launching a pro-union party is probably a good thing In next year’s election. The more split that the unionist vote is the better.

4 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It's a joint role. He's the Season Ticket Holder & Club Sponsor Liaison Executive as well as being the club's appointed Covid Safety Officer. 

4 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

Does anyone know who the Queens Covid-19 officer is??? 

Oaft. 

Well the first issue here is the legality of his attendance. And it seems that no matter what his purpose was, he shouldn’t have been there. Even if it’s potential investment. 

The bigger picture is worse. It was never in the spirit of the rules to have someone like him attending when so many die hards cannot. 

Even if he is bringing potential investment, do we really want this kind of person associated with our club?

I forgave the club for the Rangers vote fiasco which sickened me to the core. Unlike a lot of people on this forum I don’t think the board have done a bad job since then. And I certainly don’t see anyone waiting in the wings that can do a better job. A fan’s takeover would almost certainly end up with a worse off club financially unless backed by rich persons. I fear the damage from this could be even worse than the Rangers vote and I cannot defend this action or the statements so far. The apology was a joke. 

Echo what Viking-Ton said earlier he’s played your board for utter fools, I doubt he’s put any sponsorship money in yet and you’ll probably never see any outside 5 season tickets he’s bought. Galloway is a utter attention seeker who is desperate for the Scottish Government to fine him or lift him for breaking the rules as he did when crossing the border.

You’ve just given him another chance to goad Sturgeon into doing him so he can play the victim card. Unfortunately if he gets hammered so will Queen of the South and I’ll bet Galloway will not help your club out if fined or worse deducted points.

Regardless of who Galloway is this is just an utter boot in the stones to every fan who has dug deep and effectively donated hundreds of pounds of their hard earned money at a difficult time for their clubs. Knowing full well they might not see a game this season. Yet some complete attention seeker claiming to be a potential sponsor walks right in during a tier 4 lockdown.

The less said about the statement the better, when did Drysdale join your board. An utter f**k you to the Queens fans.

Ok who’s set this up to autocorrect to virginton [emoji23]

Echo what Viking-Ton said earlier he’s played your board for utter fools, I doubt he’s put any sponsorship money in yet and you’ll probably never see any outside 5 season tickets he’s bought. Galloway is a utter attention seeker who is desperate for the Scottish Government to fine him or lift him for breaking the rules as he did when crossing the border.

You’ve just given him another chance to goad Sturgeon into doing him so he can play the victim card. Unfortunately if he gets hammered so will Queen of the South and I’ll bet Galloway will not help your club out if fined or worse deducted points.

Regardless of who Galloway is this is just an utter boot in the stones to every fan who has dug deep and effectively donated hundreds of pounds of their hard earned money at a difficult time for their clubs. Knowing full well they might not see a game this season. Yet some complete attention seeker claiming to be a potential sponsor walks right in during a tier 4 lockdown.

The less said about the statement the better, when did Drysdale join your board. An utter f**k you to the Queens fans.

Ok who’s set this up to autocorrect to virginton [emoji23]
Funnily enough, Galloway made a big song and dance about the border crossing despite it being legit (I think) as he was moving house.

Very unlike him...

Funnily enough, Galloway made a big song and dance about the border crossing despite it being legit (I think) as he was moving house.

Very unlike him...

It’s definitely bait. He knows that pictures of the border will attract a bit of attention, and he know exactly why. Soon he’ll post a picture of a ‘pub’ for it to turn out to be his own homemade bar. Or a picture with 2 or 3 people standing very close to each other, but it was taken last year.