The Queen of the South thread

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

While some teams can start a match fired up, our gang jog onto the pitch looking for all the world like damp tinder.  The manager spends the rest of the match rubbing two sticks together in the hope of creating a spark.  And usually fails.

Rubbing two sticks together would make him look more animated than he does now tbf, usually standing like a stookie at the side of the pitch watching on as his team invariably collapses.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Most teams tend to sit in against us and try to be difficult to break down. I was surprised therefore to see you set up with such a high line and shocked that you continued it throughout given that Morrison and Miller were consistently given half of the field to run in to. The scoreline could have been so much more when you consider the number of chances that tactic gave us. 

13 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

What's happened to Church ?? Thought he was the best LB in the league last season just my opinion but thought he was really good every time I seen him for Alloa 

Injured for most of the season. 

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Has Reilly upset Bartley. Reilly was only player with pass marks v Annan. Then gets a Sub role last week and no game time today🤷 ....

Don't you know we now have a big target man!

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Has Reilly upset Bartley. Reilly was only player with pass marks v Annan. Then gets a Sub role last week and no game time today🤷 ....

Another strange decision from Bartley would have Reilly in my team every week. Would have Efe in as well why he is playing Mackay at centre back .Away from that a much needed good  win at Alloa but we must keep it going .

My worry is all the teams roundabout us are hitting good form it is still going to he very difficult not to  finish 9th.

3 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Another strange decision from Bartley would have Reilly in my team every week. Would have Efe in as well why he is playing Mackay at centre back .Away from that a much needed good  win at Alloa but we must keep it going .

My worry is all the teams roundabout us are hitting good form it is still going to he very difficult not to  finish 9th.

I would have Houston in for Logan, Efe in for McKay and almost anyone in for Ferguson who again today contributed nothing. 

3 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

I would have Houston in for Logan, Efe in for McKay and almost anyone in for Ferguson who again today contributed nothing. 

I think Logan is OK, would have Efe for Mckay, Gav for Joel who presumably can't play and McGuffie for Ferguson.  

How has big Joel been getting on?

Quite a few Accies punters roasted him,but they also roasted Dylan Tait and Joe McGlynn…if only there was a link to all three eh?

I don’t think he is as bad as some of our fans made him out to be and would do a job for plenty League 1/2 teams.

56 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Quite a few Accies punters roasted him,but they also roasted Dylan Tait and Joe McGlynn…if only there was a link to all three eh?

I don’t think he is as bad as some of our fans made him out to be and would do a job for plenty League 1/2 teams.

He’s pish

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

He's missed a couple of sitters. He's powerful and quick, with decent movement, but his finishing lets him down. He'd probably average 10 goals in league 1 if played central. Bartley had him playing on the wing. I'd give him pass marks compared to some of the shite i've seen this season.

Edited by Terry_Tibbs

7 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

He's missed a couple of sitters. He's powerful and quick, with decent movement, but his finishing lets him down. He'd probably average 10 goals in league 1 if played central. Bartley had him playing on the wing. I'd give him pass marks compared to some of the shite i've seen this season.

Did Bartley not have him on the wing in 1 game (v Annan), half a game anyway before being subbed,  usually pretty central I would say. He's a handful for defenders, scored a good goal yesterday but, as you say, he's passed up a couple of decent chances in other games. Yet to get the full 90 minutes but playing as a lone striker he's bound to run out of steam. He's quite good with the ball on the deck so he's not just being used as a target man for punts up the park.

25 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Thought he was excellent yesterday and we will miss him against Hamilton

Too right we will miss him. Thought we looked a different team when we have a big strong pacy striker who not only held the ball up well but actually pressurised opposition defenders into mistakes. Seemed to chase every loose ball yesterday and his link up play was very decent. 

12 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Certainly not "the worst footballer I've ever seen" that we were promised. We've had far worse than him. His finishing needs a lot of work and his decision making. He seems set on scoring a worldie rather than look for a pass. 

He looks pretty strong and harried the Alloa defence in the first half yesterday. I think it's clear to see he's not 100% fit though. For once I thought Bartley made the right call subbing him (sadly replacing him with the wrong person). 

I'm probably right in the middle with him. I don't think he's shite but I also don't think he's as good as some of the opinions on him. I'd say he's ok. Wouldn't be overjoyed if we got him next season and similarly wouldn't be as upset as I was when we got him this season.