The Queen of the South thread

If his contract negotiating is anything like his penalty shoot out antics we could be waiting for a while yet.

If his contract negotiating skills are as good as his penalty saving abilities, I fear we may go bankrupt within the month

If his contract negotiating skills are as good as his penalty saving abilities, I fear we may go bankrupt within the month

Hopefully he doesn't have the number for Stewart Kean's agent.

I can envision the negotiations.

1. Lee meets AJ before Johnston reaches the office

2. Lee picks up the contract and hands it to Johnston

3. Slowly walks back

4. He then saunters to the side of the room kicks the wall then kicks the other side

5. Ignores the remarks about time wasting

6. Jumps about while he stick his arms out

7. Johnston makes offer... Rejected .

Squad is shaping up nicely just feel like we need a few new faces in the team . Can't see us keeping Robbo but there's johnny tuffey and grant Adam without a club, think we need another forward and another defender for cover if we don't keep black

Squad is shaping up nicely just feel like we need a few new faces in the team . Can't see us keeping Robbo but there's johnny tuffey and grant Adam without a club, think we need another forward and another defender for cover if we don't keep black

I also hope that Magic has now started talking to other keepers before all the good ones get signed up. Tuffey would fit the bill nicely. Always thought he looked good whenever we played Thistle and the guy has 8 full caps for Northern Ireland. Would be great to keep Lee, but we cant hang on forever and need to look after the team.

I would also take Jamie Adams back. He would provide great cover for defence and midfield, he's a local (ish) lad and did very well for us in previous spells. I know he's had his injury problems, but he's still only 25.

If we can add another good striker then, with these additions, I would be very happy with the squad.

Just be grateful you didn't see his interview on STV the other night.

Unintelligble mumblings about " this great club " " when The Rangers come calling " etc.

Oh, he'll fit right in at Govan no doubt about that. Whether he'll score as many goals, well that's another matter.

Well he certainly wont get as much game time.

Edited by Hawk

I also hope that Magic has now started talking to other keepers before all the good ones get signed up. Tuffey would fit the bill nicely. Always thought he looked good whenever we played Thistle and the guy has 8 full caps for Northern Ireland. Would be great to keep Lee, but we cant hang on forever and need to look after the team.

I would also take Jamie Adams back. He would provide great cover for defence and midfield, he's a local (ish) lad and did very well for us in previous spells. I know he's had his injury problems, but he's still only 25.

If we can add another good striker then, with these additions, I would be very happy with the squad.

Keeper, left back and another striker and we'll just about be there. I'm sure there will be dozens to choose from come pre season training.

Keeper, left back and another striker and we'll just about be there. I'm sure there will be dozens to choose from come pre season training.

Left back? Really? Holt will be first choice, and if he is out then Mitchell can move across and McGuffie go in to RB. If anything, we need someone that can pley left mid.

I wouldn't mind seeing Paton deployed in the centre at some point, behind the strikers. Perhaps in the middle of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1.

Left back? Really? Holt will be first choice, and if he is out then Mitchell can move across and McGuffie go in to RB. If anything, we need someone that can pley left mid.

I wouldn't mind seeing Paton deployed in the centre at some point, behind the strikers. Perhaps in the middle of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1.

I'm with you on that, although I think Holt could play left mid if required. I would like to see us sign a player that is predominantly left footed; a young Ryan Giggs would do.

We need three more players: goalkeeper, left midfielder and a striker.

I would get another CM and a Striker and a CB if black doesn't sign.

Burns isn't a true CM, Young probably won't play every game and might not make the jump and there's always the possibility of a McKenna suspension

I'm not concerned in the slightest, Johnston has been flawless in the transfer market. Much like last season he has managed to secure everyone that the fans wanted to be kept, with the only difference being that off the back of a successful season rather than a disastrous one a few of our players have opted for pastures new (and higher paying).

I don't expect us to sign anyone now until we've played a few friendlies and Johnston has had a chance to play some trialists. Even if we go into the season a bit short in a position, or find ourselves weakened by injury/suspension, the board have shown through signings such as Paton and Fitzpatrick, that they are willing to back the manager out-with the transfer window. We don't generally pay transfer fees as a club, so the transfer window isn't as relevant for us as it is to Chelsea or Man City.

Take it Fitzpatrick is away. A very useful stop gap signing he was as we desperately needed a left back for the Ramsdens final. Done well enough apart from the tackle that awarded them a pen and netted one of our spot kicks.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Guest Flash

I would get another CM and a Striker and a CB if black doesn't sign.

Burns isn't a true CM, Young probably won't play every game and might not make the jump and there's always the possibility of a McKenna suspension

Splatters looks like he could do well as a McKenna replacement. Admittedly, I've only seen him a couple of times against fairly limited opposition, but the early signs are encouraging.

Take it Fitzpatrick is away. A very useful stop gap signing he was as we desperately needed a left back for the Ramsdens final. Done well enough apart from the tackle that awarded them a pen and netted one of our spot kicks. Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Yes, the guy did a job, though I felt we missed Holty badly. The pen and the goal were in his part of the pitch, so I was really pleased for him when he put the pen away in front of friends and family ( and delirious for myself!!)

I'm not saying Holt won’t be left back and I actually think he picked his game up when Fitzpatrick appeared. I was more implying we need another natural left footer for competition as with other areas of the park. Mitchell, although he can do a job isn't half the player when he's moved to left back.

Edited by Hawk

Have we got the 25,000 for Nicky Clark yet from Rangers.

Can see Rangers not paying like they have done before

25,000 is a lot of money to a club of our size

The longer it goes on the less chance we have of keeping Robinson.

He will now be out of contract so he will not be picking up any wages