The Queen of the South thread

30 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Don't forget Murphy's work with Bauhaus in the late 70's/early 80's.  A charismatic frontman, and songs like "Bela Lugosi's Dead" and "Kick In The Eye" are now regarded as post-punk/goth classics which have stood the test of time.

Prefer Dark Entries

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No evidence to get a team out of League 1! He's been at this level for 1 season with one of the smallest budgets in the league :lol:

Listen if it means I don’t have to watch the dispiriting and turgid crap I’ve seen this year great. I’ve watched over 20 games and seen us win in person 3 times. Awful. 

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Listen if it means I don’t have to watch the dispiriting and turgid crap I’ve seen this year great. I’ve watched over 20 games and seen us win in person 3 times. Awful. 

Actually I went through the fixtures. I’ve seen 26 games this season and only watched us win 6 times. That’s just horrible. I can’t put my liver through this next season! 

4 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Did well to get them out of L2 and back end of this season has been good but no progressive forward player development strategy as seems to be done with a nexus of ageing pros, mostly ex Queens players. He has got a lot out of them but not sure how he would handle a bigger budget and no evidence of ability to get a team out of L1 or play on a bigger stage. Not for me but I could be wrong. Difficult to be worse than our last 2 incumbents. Still the proven track record and connections of McCall for me. 

The budget isn't going to be that big next season and I think it would be too small a budget for McCall to be interested tbh. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The budget isn't going to be that big next season and I think it would be too small a budget for McCall to be interested tbh. 

At this point I’m hoping both Annan and Queens are still in L1 after the next 2 games, Murphy may go ( as is rumoured) 

Bartley may be sacked ( as many wish ) then see what develops. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I got told opposite by someone working for the club. He said that the cost in putting down the pitch (grants not covering all of it) should mean we have a slightly larger budget. Dunno how true that is though.

3 hours ago, QoS99 said:

I got told opposite by someone working for the club. He said that the cost in putting down the pitch (grants not covering all of it) should mean we have a slightly larger budget. Dunno how true that is though.

More of a reason to get shot of Bartley,  we can't give him an even bigger budget to squander!

Galloway Controls the new shirt sponsor. Won't lie, I've never heard of them but their logo is nice and simple and should look nice on the shirts. 

Never caught any of that live draw, terrible connection and buffered the whole time. Good to see new board member Jim McLinden in attendance. 
congrats to ‘Galloway Controls’. 

In case it’s obvious, and so folk can avoid this stuff if they want, I’ve stuck a summary of the points I think Queens need in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Ignoring the possibility of a combination of Queens heavy defeats and a big win for Stirling closing the GD gap, I think 38 points will be enough for Queens unless one of the following combinations applies (points needed in brackets)
Stirling beat Edinburgh and
Annan beat Falkirk and lose to Stirling (40)*
Annan beat Falkirk and draw with Stirling (39)
Annan draw with Falkirk and draw with Stirling (39)
Annan draw with Falkirk and lose to Stirling (38)**
Annan lose to Falkirk and draw with Stirling (38)**

Stirling draw with Edinburgh and
Annan beat Falkirk and lose to Stirling (39)
Annan draw with Falkirk and lose to Stirling (38)**

*assumes Annan don’t improve their GD by 5, otherwise 41
**assumes Queens don’t lose their two games by an aggregate of more than 4 plus whatever Annan lose by. If they lose one game by a sufficient deficit, they’ll need 39 points.

Obviously, if Queens lose to Cove and need more than 39, they’ll need to beat Montrose and end up on 41.

On 25/04/2024 at 19:27, 19QOS19 said:

Galloway Controls the new shirt sponsor. Won't lie, I've never heard of them but their logo is nice and simple and should look nice on the shirts. 

If they stick with the one on their homepage it will be illegible on the shirts. Hope the designer gets this right. 

Edited by louisxiv

Anybody see the video of Bartley at the races talking about planning for next season? Will be lucky to have 600 at our home game next season if he’s still here.

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Anybody see the video of Bartley at the races talking about planning for next season? Will be lucky to have 600 at our home game next season if he’s still here.

He's hardly going to say "well I've only got a few more weeks of this shite then I can wash my hands of it" is he?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's hardly going to say "well I've only got a few more weeks of this shite then I can wash my hands of it" is he?

Probably not, but quite a few supporters might be saying just that if he's not gone.

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Agree and I hope he's just remaining professional. If he's here next season the crowds will continue to get worse. At leas he's prioritised his day at the races ahead of preparing for the biggest game of our season though. True leadership.