The Queen of the South thread

I agree there is a gap bewteen Championship and League 1 but if it wasn't for Hearts we'd be bottom, yet in comparison in the Championship Queens are 4th with almost the same set of players as last season.

Is that a serious comparison?

Thistle were worthy second tier champions last season, but they did nothing exceptional.

Queens amassed a record points total in the League below, clinched the title on a pitch literally still banked in snow and won the cup available to sides outside the top flight. It would be ludicrous to suggest that similar things should reasonably have been expected of each in their respective new divisions.

Anyway, for your struggling Thistle this season, you could just as easily look at your flying Ross County the previous season, to see the weakness of your central point.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Is that a serious comparison?

Thistle were worthy second tier champions last season, but they did nothing exceptional.

Queens amassed a record points total in the League below, clinched the title on a pitch literally still banked in snow and won the cup available to sides outside the top flight. It would be ludicrous to suggest that similar things should reasonably have been expected of each in their respective new divisions.

Anyway, for your struggling Thistle this season, you could just as easily look at your flying Ross County the previous season, to see the weakness of your central point.

We are comparing the leagues. How can you not compare how the most recent promoted teams are fairing?
As for Ross County. They were 2nd bottom at the end of the 2012. They brought in 5 or 6 very good players in January and the 2nd half to their season was fantastic.
Much like this season.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland2

Top over last 6, with Falkirk 2nd. 2nd over last 10, Falkirk top.

That shows Falkirk as not having lost in their last 10 - so doesn't take today's game into account (which dhd has since pointed out :) ) Edited by Dougie Mills

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland2

Top over last 6, with Falkirk 2nd. 2nd over last 10, Falkirk top.

That hasn't updated todays scores yet, but i don't think it would change much.

In other news, we have passed the 32 points of the 2011/12 season.

tiger.gif

That's what I thought, Think Burns misses Dundee game, Higgy and Russell will be bsck in contention, Durns must be getting close to suspension?

Burnsy and his commitment will be a miss .Example being the fifty/fifty he flew himself into against a bigger man in the first half and didn't come off second best . When your midfielders do this it sends out a message to their opposition counterparts . McShane could learn a lot from Paul Burns in that sense.

Burnsy and his commitment will be a miss .Example being the fifty/fifty he flew himself into against a bigger man in the first half and didn't come off second best . When your midfielders do this it sends out a message to their opposition counterparts . McShane could learn a lot from Paul Burns in that sense.

Mcshane doesn't can't tackle! Burns is a solid tackler the crunch challenge was a great example,

Both have had bad leg injuries in the past but there is a difference between the two 'FEAR' & 'NO FEAR'.

Where have all the People gone that a few weeks ago were shouting for McIntyre's head?

Thankfully the board had faith in the man and the club have had a great turn around in fortune.

The MANAGER & the players must take great credit for this, (the players really are playing for the boss) well done to him and I really believe we have the man to take us forward.

Still want McIntyre out? :lol:

Still done with McIntyre tbh. Taking almost 3/4 of a season to get a winning team back winning doesn't exactly convert me to a happy clapper.

In response to Supersouth, the ones who wanted his head are quiet now because we have been picking up points. Credit where it's due and they (I) back off at times like now. The difference between those (me) and happyclappers is that happyclappers are tedious 100% of the time and whether the guy is doing well or truly awful they praise either way ;)

ETA I wouldn't want the board to sack him with a year left as it would make us financially worse off. But I certainly won't be gutted if he leaves after his contract expires.

Edited by 19QOS19

That's what I thought, Think Burns misses Dundee game, Higgy and Russell will be bsck in contention, Durns must be getting close to suspension?

That was only Durnas 4th booking. Needs another two for a suspension.

Burns misses the Dundee game. McKenna now has a 1 match suspension to serve, presumably that will be the Falkirk away game. Russell and Higgins are both available again. Other than that Lyle is one booking away (I think he has 5, it may only be 4) from suspension and Durnan two, after picking one up today.