The Queen of the South thread

whats the line ups for this?

Like all testimonials I doubt we'll know for certain until the day of the game. Several of the 2008 squad are still playing (MacDonald, McCann, Harris, Dobbie, Grindlay, Robertson and Burns himself) and have games the day before so they may pick up injuries, etc. Harris has been out with injury recently anyway, not sure how serious it is. However, as I understand it the whole 08 squad are coming for the game with the exception of Stevie Tosh who is working in Saudi Arabia and can't get away). I know Scally is also coming. No idea about other non-playing members of that season's squad (Lauchlan, Gilmour, Craig Reid potentially). I believe Gordon Chisholm is coming back as manager for that team and John Kerr is coming to act as physio.

I think Dodds and McIntyre will also be taking part in a playing role.

Why are people getting so worked up about Kidd not getting game time? Who would you drop to accommodate him?

I've been wondering that too. It was made pretty clear at the time he was brought in as squad cover to replace McGuffie. What difference does it make if he plays or not?

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but I do find it strange that a premier club has loaned us a player to presumably get first team experience and yet we don't play him. Surely he would have been better staying at Celtic and getting regular game time. I wonder when the lad last played 90mins of football.

That's a really good turnout from the 2008 squad - I didn't think Wee Bob or Jamie MacDonald would have been allowed to appear due to their respective club commitments. Maybe Dobbs will feel some homecoming pangs* in time for next season... ;)

Would there be any chance of talking Ryan McCann into possibly staging a half-time re-enactment of his greatest moment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpzDjw7Hyg

*- wishful thinking.

That's a really good turnout from the 2008 squad - I didn't think Wee Bob or Jamie MacDonald would have been allowed to appear due to their respective club commitments. Maybe Dobbs will feel some homecoming pangs* in time for next season... ;)

Would there be any chance of talking Ryan McCann into possibly staging a half-time re-enactment of his greatest moment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpzDjw7Hyg

*- wishful thinking.

That would be a fantastic idea :D

I never noticed before, but its Burns who puts in the challenge that allows the ball to fall to McCann.

That would be a fantastic idea :D

I never noticed before, but its Burns who puts in the challenge that allows the ball to fall to McCann.

"challenge". It's a foul and we got away with one there. Burns first reaction was to look round and see if he was getting booked for it which would have meant a red card as he'd just been booked for giving away the free kick in the first place. :lol:

Thanks Mike McCurry, without him missing that a moment that's gone into legend would have been lost. :)

"challenge". It's a foul and we got away with one there. Burns first reaction was to look round and see if he was getting booked for it which would have meant a red card as he'd just been booked for giving away the free kick in the first place. :lol:

Thanks Mike McCurry, without him missing that a moment that's gone into legend would have been lost. :)

I tried to make that point in the office the Monday after it but the person I was talking to wasn't having any of it :lol:

The reaction of the Queens fans behind the goal as the ball bounce and they all realise it's going in is something I've always thought is fantastic.

I see QoS are not starting Holt ?

I would take him to Thistle to replace the outgoing Sinclair

Your opinion QoS fans

He's missed the last couple of games but he's been a regular starter all season. My opinion though is that if you want him for next season you'll need to stump up a fair bit of cash as he's under contract for next season and just turned 21.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I tried to make that point in the office the Monday after it but the person I was talking to wasn't having any of it :lol:

The reaction of the Queens fans behind the goal as the ball bounce and they all realise it's going in is something I've always thought is fantastic.

Those of us that were behind the goal could see pretty much straight away that it was on line. but we couldnt tell exactly how hard it was coming to us or whether it would stick in the mud or not.

Thankfully it didn't hence the literal 'scenes' :-)

I think ive seen that clip about a thousand times but I never get fed up watching it and cant pass hitting play anytime some one puts a link to it on here or elsewhere.

Those of us that were behind the goal could see pretty much straight away that it was on line. but we couldnt tell exactly how hard it was coming to us or whether it would stick in the mud or not.

Thankfully it didn't hence the literal 'scenes' :-)

I think ive seen that clip about a thousand times but I never get fed up watching it and cant pass hitting play anytime some one puts a link to it on here or elsewhere.

Those of us who were at the side could tell straight away that it had the distance but had no idea if it was on line or not.

I only knew it was going to be a goal when the Portland Drive End starting bouncing up and down like Energizer bunnies on heat. The moments between that realisation and the final whistle were just wonderful, wonderful seconds of joy. The realisation that we were going to Hampden for a Cup semi final in that manner after spending 20 odd years trailing around the bottom end of Scotish football was just magical. :)

It would require Dumbarton to win their two games by an 11 goal margin in total. It's got about the same chance of happening as me being elected the next Pope!

There's every chance they'll be on the same points though. I'd be delighted if they dropped some points in those two games somewhere.

Good result for Queens tonight in our quest to finish in the play offs

It would require Dumbarton to win their two games by an 11 goal margin in total. It's got about the same chance of happening as me being elected the next Pope!

There's every chance they'll be on the same points though. I'd be delighted if they dropped some points in those two games somewhere.

Well that's that one oot the window! ^_^