The Queen of the South thread

Mr Tinker man was at it again today. Why was Lyle who was part of a winning team and who scored last week dropped to be replaced by Bob who again never won a header all game?

Possibly as you say dropped but I think he was benched to be fit with tues nights game in mind, a very important fixture in the run in for 4th.

Canny mind him scoring in Burnsy's testimonial!

Possibly as you say dropped but I think he was benched to be fit with tues nights game in mind, a very important fixture in the run in for 4th.

Canny mind him scoring in Burnsy's testimonial!

Was this not a more important game than Tuesday?

Take it you weren't at the Bursny game then, Lyle scored a corker where as Bob shot at the corner flag before it was deflected off Burnsy for an own goal.

Defies belief that McIntyre would pick Higgins over Holt at left back . This is not a dig at Higgins who has been a very sound performer for us . In the way that Higgins is a better centre half than Holt , then Holt is a better left back than Higgins . We missed Holts energy down the left badly.

Defies belief that McIntyre would pick Higgins over Holt at left back . This is not a dig at Higgins who has been a very sound performer for us . In the way that Higgins is a better centre half than Holt , then Holt is a better left back than Higgins . We missed Holts energy down the left badly.

Agree with that Higgins maybe getting selected because of experience at this time of the season and his definite goal scoring ability from set pieces, think it's time Holt was brought back in for Dowie, with Higins moving over to the centre.

Higgins was the concern when we had a man advantage and acres of space on our left side, and no one on the pitch to take advantage. Everyone around me noticed this so McIntyre must have as well. Sadly he could do nothing about it because he'd already used our 3 subs atoning for his mistakes of starting 2 hopeless players, and not starting our top scorer.

He's a fucking idiot.

Higgins wasn't really the concern today it was the lack of protection in front of him. Paton must have been told to roam.

The system wasn't broken but JM had to try and fix it.

Higgins is a very capable defender but he is not going to roar up the left side giving opposing right midfielders and full backs something else to think about like Holt does.

Higgins wasn't really the concern today it was the lack of protection in front of him. Paton must have been told to roam.

The system wasn't broken but JM had to try and fix it.

We started with the same diamond formation we've used in lots of games over the last couple of months. When Kidd came on we switched to a more traditional 4-4-2.

Should have been more specific there. When I said Higgins wasn't the problem I meant defensively.

Is there a reason he has dropped one of our better season performers in Holt?

A diamond system? I'm shocked anyone could see any shape in that mess yesterday. As I say, there was rarely cover in front of Higgins. Paton was wandering around but tended to be closer to the strikers, McKenna was closer to the defence, Burns was just about on the right and McShane occupied the middle of the park. If that was a diamond, who wasn't carrying out their role correctly?

Noticed a post on the mad site about big gates being open before the game & people managed to walk in for nothing!

Funnily enough I witnessed the big gates at the Portland road end were open at burnsy's testimonial last week too!! Rather strange.

Should have been more specific there. When I said Higgins wasn't the problem I meant defensively.

Is there a reason he has dropped one of our better season performers in Holt?

A diamond system? I'm shocked anyone could see any shape in that mess yesterday. As I say, there was rarely cover in front of Higgins. Paton was wandering around but tended to be closer to the strikers, McKenna was closer to the defence, Burns was just about on the right and McShane occupied the middle of the park. If that was a diamond, who wasn't carrying out their role correctly?

McKenna was at the bottom of the diamond with Paton at the top. Burns was right and McShane left.

I have no idea why Higgins has been favoured ahead of Holt. I can see the logic in an away game where we'd be expecting to do a lot of defending and where we might need the extra cover at set pieces but other than that I would play Holt every time.

Noticed a post on the mad site about big gates being open before the game & people managed to walk in for nothing!

Funnily enough I witnessed the big gates at the Portland road end were open at burnsy's testimonial last week too!! Rather strange.

Even stranger so called supporters walking in for Nowt! Some folk have no morals.

Even stranger so called supporters walking in for Nowt! Some folk have no morals.

Human nature I guess!

I heard the same news midway through the first half on Saturday and that a sizeable amount of "supporters" had took advantage of the situation!!

Wonder if anybody has contacted the club about this issue but I'm sure they all ready know?!

Skyline Drifter - Do you know if the late arrivals of the Falkirk support were included in the official attendance figure or were they just let in ? I take it the ticket booths would be shut when some of them were arriving ( near half time with quite a few ). Also , has the club sorted out the 'gratis ' gate ?

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Human nature I guess!

I heard the same news midway through the first half on Saturday and that a sizeable amount of "supporters" had took advantage of the situation!!

Wonder if anybody has contacted the club about this issue but I'm sure they all ready know?!

We are aware of it though I would be surprised if a "sizeable" number got in free. Depends how you define "sizeable" I guess. On Saturday I think it actually blew open in the wind. I wasn't aware it was open during the Burns Testimonial though, that's news to me. Crowds are notoriously difficult to guess by looking at them but I didn't think either crowd looked particularly wrong to be honest. That gate is a steward location so unless they were away dealing with something else at the time there should have been someone there to prevent people using it as an entry point.

Skyline Drifter - Do you know if the late arrivals of the Falkirk support were included in the official attendance figure or were they just let in ? I take it the ticket booths would be shut when some of them were arriving ( near half time with quite a few ). Also , has the club sorted out the 'gratis ' gate ?

Two Falkirk buses arrived late, though most of the people off one of them went into town rather than to the game! We were aware of them, spoke to them by phone several times and the ticket office and one away turnstile were kept open for them. They were given a significantly discounted entry and a handful who actually arrived after half time were let in free. They were included in the official attendance because they went through a turnstile.

If by gratis gate you mean the big gate that blew open then you probably know more about it than me but it was secured shut again as soon as we became aware of it. I don't know how long it was open before we became aware of it though. It shouldn't have been very long.