The Queen of the South thread

I can understand what you are saying & the thing that seems baffling is some of these lads have already told the club they are leaving at the end of the season but are still getting more game time than others, so why not look forward & play some of the other's who are committed.

Is this common knowledge that some of them are leaving, this is the first I've read of it. If it is the case and

the ones that are leaving are still getting game time infront of the others it doesn't seem right.

Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if any of them left, they're full time and only get £10 a week. Perhaps

they're starting to realise that £10 doesn't stretch very far and the ones that are 16/17/18 will be on £10 for another 2/3/4 years, not much to look forward to.

Is this common knowledge that some of them are leaving, this is the first I've read of it. If it is the case and

the ones that are leaving are still getting game time infront of the others it doesn't seem right.

Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if any of them left, they're full time and only get £10 a week. Perhaps

they're starting to realise that £10 doesn't stretch very far and the ones that are 16/17/18 will be on £10 for another 2/3/4 years, not much to look forward to.

Please tell me you don't think Holty, Reilly, Durnan and McShane are only being paid £10 a week to play for us or am I reading it wrong ?

Please tell me you don't think Holty, Reilly, Durnan and McShane are only being paid £10 a week to play for us or am I reading it wrong ?

Was he not meaning the dev squad players under dev contracts rather than players on first team contracts? Is Hooper on a dev contract? I thought he played well at Alloa. Surely if you aee 'full tine' as mentioned the law would require a minimum wage/ apprentice rate. I know they will probably still be living at home but I can't see how anybody would work for £10 a week.

In todays paper Mark Millar joining you until the end of the season after medical today. Hope he shows more for you than he did for us. If he wants to secure a full time contract he may knuckle down & do it for you, wish him well anyway.

Heard last night he will be signing for Queens today

Yes it is common knowledge, that's how I heard about it.

Was he not meaning the dev squad players under dev contracts rather than players on first team contracts? Is Hooper on a dev contract? I thought he played well at Alloa. Surely if you aee 'full tine' as mentioned the law would require a minimum wage/ apprentice rate. I know they will probably still be living at home but I can't see how anybody would work for £10 a week.

As I understand it the dev squad players are also used for cleaning the ground after home games as well as manning turnstiles etc on match days.

In todays paper Mark Millar joining you until the end of the season after medical today. Hope he shows more for you than he did for us. If he wants to secure a full time contract he may knuckle down & do it for you, wish him well anyway.

Well, I was wanting to tell them a few days ago .

Well he then goes on to say for the next 2/3/4 which would mean he thinks Holt, Reilly, McShane and Dan would fall into that category. Rumour I heard was that McShsnes first extension was to bring him in line with the other first team squad members he has signed another since then aswell.

Well he then goes on to say for the next 2/3/4 which would mean he thinks Holt, Reilly, McShane and Dan would fall into that category. Rumour I heard was that McShsnes first extension was to bring him in line with the other first team squad members he has signed another since then aswell.

Sorry for any confusion, it is the players in the 20's squad that get £10 a week and with some of them being 16 they could be in that squad for 4 years, hope that clears that up. So no I don't think Holt etc are on £10 a week, lol.

Still no news!

post-5057-0-71987800-1420663241_thumb.jp

This picture which must be circa 1981 includes a number of the players mentioned recently in this thread.

Billy Gordon, Graeme Robertdson, Peter Dickson. I think can name all the players other than the sub who I can`t recall.

From an article on the SPFL site.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/10-things-about-queen-of-the-south/

Edited by Distant Doonhamer