The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER

Goodbye Mark Durnan as he's agreed to join Dundee Utd on a 2 year deal . A compensation package has been agreed and he'll most probably sign today after returning from holiday yesterday

In my morning paper as well ;)

Nothing on the official sites (as one would expect) until it's a done deal.

Probably most gutted about Big Durnan leaving tbh. He just pips Holt for me personally. My favourite QoS CB in recent years. I think the boy has a good future in the game providing Utd give him a good crack at it. Good luck big man, you'll be missed :(

Is that all the expected departures now?

Paton gone as well apparently. Just what I've been told (by the guy who told me Durnan was going to Utd and QoS approached Cawley; which both look like they were true, so I imagine the Paton on is true as well). Can't say I'm disappointed losing Paton tbh. He was never one of my favourites and in all honesty, just recently I've found myself moaning about him more than anything else. There is a player in there somewhere, we just didn't really see it at Palmerston. Wish the guy luck, I wonder if he'll team up with Magic again.

So what do we reckon sqaud wise we need? A replacement for holt,2 strikers ,replacement for carmichael at least. Also sqaud players that were capable like mitchell,paton and possibly mckenna away, we would be heavily relying on the young players being good enough to come on every week to possibly change a game,I have no doubts smith and hooper will be absolutely fine,but the rest like pickard etc im not so sure. Still a lot of players needed.

Edited by QosLoyal

At the very least we need a left back, centre midfielder, right midfielder and a striker. I'd like to see us bring in a centre back and another centre midfielder as well. I think 1 striker is enough with Smith likely to play a bigger part this season.

I'd agree with this.

Just read a tweet saying the Kilmarnock chairman has told their AGM that a pre season tournament will take place with Killie, Qos, Oldham and Barnsley involved. --------------As for Michael Paton, he has all the ability you can imagine but his self drive unfortunately does not match it and this will stop him playing at a level he should be.

So what do we reckon sqaud wise we need? A replacement for holt,2 strikers ,replacement for carmichael at least. Also sqaud players that were capable like mitchell,paton and possibly mckenna away, we would be heavily relying on the young players being good enough to come on every week to possibly change a game,I have no doubts smith and hooper will be absolutely fine,but the rest like pickard etc im not so sure. Still a lot of players needed.

I could well be wrong but for me Hooper is the only one I think is good enough at this level. Go on the youngsters prove me wrong. We can't rely on them as we did the last crop, as it was unpressidented for us have so many locals as well as McShane an Durnan all playing from such a young age.

Hooper is 19 I believe, if he's going to make it this is a big year for him. The likes of smith and Pickard are only just turning 18, still got a bit of time to develop for me. But there 15/20 minute cameos will do them no harm